NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I agree. If a controller gets broken, that's annoying, but it's under £50 to replace it. Not so with the entire handheld - plus the hassle of transferring data across.

I know right?? I think that I am very willing to wait for the Wii U version, it will be all worth the wait for me :)

But if the 3DS thumbstick gets broken the warranty covers it, right? Or at least you should be able to send it in to service. Still sucks, though.

Not really.....is it worth it spending the money to send the console to Nintendo for them to fix it (if that's what you mean)? You should realize that here in Europe not every country has Nintendo support. I am from Slovakia (through which I had to set my country to the UK in order to properly play online gaming and purchasing things through eShop), and I am not going to spend so much to get one button fixed for me...

The 3DS version sold 1 million units in its first two days in Japan, the fourth game to do so

zlCfzSco0EsUU-Aumh

Pic of the day. These two are a haunting pair. You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks. When you see a Ghost, make sure you use your grab. If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too.

Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled.

First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad.

In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

I know right?? I think that I am very willing to wait for the Wii U version, it will be all worth the wait for me :)

Not really.....is it worth it spending the money to send the console to Nintendo for them to fix it (if that's what you mean)? You should realize that here in Europe not every country has Nintendo support. I am from Slovakia (through which I had to set my country to the UK in order to properly play online gaming and purchasing things through eShop), and I am not going to spend so much to get one button fixed for me...

I can relate. At one point, my DS had a broken screen (I hit a table corner while the DS was in my pocket), but I had to pay to get it fixed, because Nintendo still had a crappy distributor in Portugal at the time (so, no Club Nintendo support at the time, either). Basically, the chain store where I bought the DS had better customer service, as they're the ones who got it fixed (even though that sort of thing wasn't covered by their warranty).

At least now there's Nintendo Ibérica, but I spent my entire adolescence in a country outside Nintendo's radar.

By the way, I see you're new here :) Welcome to the forums

Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.[/b]

So I'm guessing there will be a Smash Bros direct to tell us about the Wii U's modes.

So I'm guessing there will be a Smash Bros direct to tell us about the Wii U's modes.

Notice he said near future, meaning until 3DS launch. After that, it's open season.

Will you buy the 3DS version?

Erm, without a shadow of a doubt! I think it's brilliant.

Probably. And then he'll start doing pic of the days about the Wii U specific content.

I'd bet on a Smash direct (complete with release date for the Wii U game, assuming that it's still coming out this year - cause at that point, it's now or never) shortly after the international release of the 3DS game. So very likely early/mid October :)

Edited by Dcubed

Having played the demo I'm now 100% sure I am getting the 3ds version.

I honestly didn't think they'd be able to pull this game off on the handheld or it'd be comprmised in some way shape or form that would hinder the experience.

But obviously not. For me anyways.

Definitely massively impressed, and I am off the day it comes out too - so even bigger win! Do wish I had the new 3ds to play it on though...

Mega Man's specials feel so weak. After playing Snake I expect nice launch power from explosions but the crash bomber is so piddly. The leaf shield doesn't seem to serve a real purpose. His aerials seem pretty decent though.

After I hit someone with the sticky bomb I like to charge up my buster shot to hit them at the same time as the bomb blows up, they'll either take massive damage or their shield will break so you can run in and charge an up or down smash for damage or to send them flying. You have to be careful though if they realise they can pass the bomb back to you by touching you.

Man I dunno how I'm gonna wait til 3rd October :( I'm really hoping ShopTo sends my game early

I can relate. At one point, my DS had a broken screen (I hit a table corner while the DS was in my pocket), but I had to pay to get it fixed, because Nintendo still had a crappy distributor in Portugal at the time (so, no Club Nintendo support at the time, either). Basically, the chain store where I bought the DS had better customer service, as they're the ones who got it fixed (even though that sort of thing wasn't covered by their warranty).

At least now there's Nintendo Ibérica, but I spent my entire adolescence in a country outside Nintendo's radar.

By the way, I see you're new here :) Welcome to the forums

Aww, that's unfortunate about your DS, but I am glad that the store fixed it for you! I still have my DS Lite since the day I bought it and it's still a fantastic console to play with. Isn't Nintendo Ibérica for Spain only? Or is it included with Portugal?

In all, good for you that you can find some stores that can fix it for you, here it's just impossible. I have been thankfully taught to be careful with my electronics, so in my lifetime, my DS for example fell only once or twice (thankfully) and I have never had a broken Nintendo console :)

Well thank you! I wanted to find some forum or fans of Nintendo in Europe, and I think this is the best place I have found. I am still new here though, so I am not sure where to go and what's recommended :)

After I hit someone with the sticky bomb I like to charge up my buster shot to hit them at the same time as the bomb blows up, they'll either take massive damage or their shield will break so you can run in and charge an up or down smash for damage or to send them flying. You have to be careful though if they realise they can pass the bomb back to you by touching you.

Man I dunno how I'm gonna wait til 3rd October :( I'm really hoping ShopTo sends my game early

Honestly, I feel like this is more of a personal type of thing. I think that if you use Megaman right, he can be a very strong character.

The same is for a lot of gamers. I have an online friend who is really good with Peach and got 2nd place in a tournament with her (losing to ROB), while a loooot of people say Peach sucks because of her Final Smash.

I am really good with Falco, but my friend is better with Fox.

So in all, I think it's people's personal preferences.

Aww, that's unfortunate about your DS, but I am glad that the store fixed it for you! I still have my DS Lite since the day I bought it and it's still a fantastic console to play with. Isn't Nintendo Ibérica for Spain only? Or is it included with Portugal?

In all, good for you that you can find some stores that can fix it for you, here it's just impossible. I have been thankfully taught to be careful with my electronics, so in my lifetime, my DS for example fell only once or twice (thankfully) and I have never had a broken Nintendo console :)

Well thank you! I wanted to find some forum or fans of Nintendo in Europe, and I think this is the best place I have found. I am still new here though, so I am not sure where to go and what's recommended :)

It used to be Nintendo of Spain, then it expanded to include Portugal and changed its name. Thanks to that, we're now even starting to see Mario games in Portuguese, which was unthinkable a few years back.

I try to be careful with my electronics, but... I guess I have bad luck with my Nintendo portables, as I've also had problems with the original Game Boy and GB Pocket before, despite their exterior being in good condition. And then I got a broken DS screen because I thought it was safe in my pocket :heh:

I do like this forum, it's quite pleasant and most users are polite (most users are British, too :heh:). I only recommend staying away from industry-related discussions (sales, competition, etc.), as those can get quite heated. The specific game threads, and the nostalgia threads, are the ones that are usually awesome to talk about the games themselves. We could use more of those.

I also like the General Discussion boards, even if they've been a tad quiet lately.

Edited by Jonnas

Haven't played the demo much, but I'm really liking Mario again. Haven't used him since Melee.

Also how do you guys jump in the game? Do you use the circle pad or the jump buttons?

I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

I want to see those :grin:

Probably. And then he'll start doing pic of the days about the Wii U specific content.

I'd bet on a Smash direct (complete with release date for the Wii U game, assuming that it's still coming out this year - cause at that point, it's now or never) shortly after the international release of the 3DS game. So very likely early/mid October :)

Smash Direct: Wii U feature showcase, release date (likely 21st November USA/Europe, I'd guess a few weeks before for Japan) and what Amiibos do in other games.

It used to be Nintendo of Spain, then it expanded to include Portugal and changed its name. Thanks to that, we're now even starting to see Mario games in Portuguese, which was unthinkable a few years back.

I try to be careful with my electronics, but... I guess I have bad luck with my Nintendo portables, as I've also had problems with the original Game Boy and GB Pocket before, despite their exterior being in good condition. And then I got a broken DS screen because I thought it was safe in my pocket :heh:

I do like this forum, it's quite pleasant and most users are polite (most users are British, too :heh:). I only recommend staying away from industry-related discussions (sales, competition, etc.), as those can get quite heated. The specific game threads, and the nostalgia threads, are the ones that are usually awesome to talk about the games themselves. We could use more of those.

I also like the General Discussion boards, even if they've been a tad quiet lately.

I see! That's interesting that Nintendo games are being released in Portuguese, I remember old games like Crash Bandicoot being in all kinds of European languages (I think Portuguese was part of it too if I remmeber right). As a kid, I dreamt having a game in my language, but that will never happen :D

(Video games taught me English somehow, so I am grateful for that!)

Looks like I have more luck then XD

The only problem I have had with my Game Boy Color is that the slip that closes the battery space got broken...but otherwise, it works perfectly :)

Oh, thank you for the recommendations! I have to check out all of these eventually. I can imagine sales being the hot cakes sometimes, I am myself a merchandise collector as well, and who wouldn't want games for a cheaper price?

That would be nice as well, I love anything new, but nostalgia is a nice thing to add as well :D

Haven't played the demo much, but I'm really liking Mario again. Haven't used him since Melee.

Also how do you guys jump in the game? Do you use the circle pad or the jump buttons?

I want to see those :grin:

I am rather curious how Dr. Mario will play. He was much better to play as in Melee than Mario.

I use the X or Y for jumping, better than the circle pad :)

A bit worrying he mentioned the Japanese release before the rest of the world. When we don't even know the japan release yet... Hope we get it in November!

A bit worrying he mentioned the Japanese release before the rest of the world. When we don't even know the japan release yet... Hope we get it in November!

I wouldn't take it as a sign of anything myself. Every single Smash game has always come out in Japan before everywhere else after all.

Who's doing the best pre-order deal then Ladies and Gentlemen? And by best I mean cheapest.

3ds: 29.95 gamecollection

Wii U £38.99 base.com

as far as I can tell.. maybe others know better sites...

I use the X or Y for jumping, better than the circle pad :)

Yeah, went from buttons on Melee to the control stick on the Wii, now I feel comfortable using the stick even though it sometimes leads to mistakes.

It's hard trying to change it now.

Sakurai in stealth JAPAN FIRST for Smash Wii U confirmation? It was to be expected, but at least we'll have Smash 3DS to keep us busy until the console version shows up.

Honestly, I feel like this is more of a personal type of thing. I think that if you use Megaman right, he can be a very strong character.

The same is for a lot of gamers. I have an online friend who is really good with Peach and got 2nd place in a tournament with her (losing to ROB), while a loooot of people say Peach sucks because of her Final Smash.

I am really good with Falco, but my friend is better with Fox.

So in all, I think it's people's personal preferences.

I'm pretty bad with Peach lol my favourite characters are really powerful ones like DK, Bowser and Ganondorf. I love fast ones too like Captain Falcon and Sonic.

Jump button for me, I even turn off tap jump to make sure I don't jump when pressing up. It does make going back to Melee and doing up air attacks harder though :(

I love the demo. I love even more the fact I had an email in my junk box with the download code for two days before I even realised!

Now I haven't played a smash bros game since the N64, so there's a whole lot of new in there and a great big lack of.... Instructions. How the heck do I administer a final smash? I know you have to catch that ball that floats around the screen somehow but apart from that, I'm clueless! Any help?

Regarding the frame rate, this absolutely pickles all over game freaks effort with pokemon (great games also) but I have noticed this might be due to the fact that the 3DS does nothing but focus on running the game. Have you noticed how long it takes to return to the home menu after closing the demo?

I've played about an hour of Melee back in the Gamecube days (and really enjoyed it) but I may as well be a complete newcomer to the game. Hearing all you guys chat about up smashes and this that and the other has me a bit freaked out lol, sounds a daunting game to get into, especially with so many experts about.

I've played about an hour of Melee back in the Gamecube days (and really enjoyed it) but I may as well be a complete newcomer to the game. Hearing all you guys chat about up smashes and this that and the other has me a bit freaked out lol, sounds a daunting game to get into, especially with so many experts about.

There are plenty of people who have no idea what they're doing but still enjoy Smash.

The beauty of Smash is that you can play it on a completely casual and fall in love with it. It celebrates everything that is great about Nintendo whilst also being a solid game.

I'd say about 10-20% of the audience that buys Smash is actually 'good' at the core game and understands/can use all of the mechanics, but you can never see that side of the game and have a blast. Heck, I played Melee for 3 years before I even understood how to 'combo' but up until that point it was the best game I'd ever played lol.

So yeah, but it :) You're in for a blast :D