NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I could look into organising a league. Tuesdays at 8 would probably be the best time.

Although it would be best creating a thread closer to release to discuss the best way to do the league.

zlCfzSbbJC0DrBTCPR

Pic of the day. The hero from Pikmin 3, Alph joins the battle!! He has pretty much the same set skills as Olimar since he's basically just his variation. He can't use Rock Pikmin either.

zlCfzSbbJKE5PlWw__

They are different characters, so they each get their own title treatment on the character-selection screen. See? It says Alph.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?

Doesn't interest me at all. I'll buy it eventually but at the moment there is nothing that I've seen so far that will make it a day one purchase.

Not fussed about any of the big 3 games (Hyrule, Smash & Bayonetta 2) coming out for the Wii U this year. One of the reasons I bought a PS4.

I've been begging for the inclusion of Alph for months now, this makes me very happy! I really can't wait to play the 3DS version. I'm a bit scared the WiiU version won't feel very fresh because of that, but I just can't bring myself to wait and skip all those fun 3DS stages :p

Doesn't interest me at all. I'll buy it eventually but at the moment there is nothing that I've seen so far that will make it a day one purchase.

Not fussed about any of the big 3 games (Hyrule, Smash & Bayonetta 2) coming out for the Wii U this year. One of the reasons I bought a PS4.

Really? This surprises me greatly! Those 3 and alien are what I'm looking forward to most.

Weird how people have different opinions and tastes...

New music

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Basically, my headphones are going to be glued to my ears.

Edited by -Dem0-

Sakurai just confirmed that Smash Run isn't online.

Considering I won't be able to play the most advertised 3DS game mode, I'm not sure that the 3DS version is worth it.

Considering I won't be able to play the most advertised 3DS game mode, I'm not sure that the 3DS version is worth it.

"Think of the lag. Won't somebody please think of the lag?!"

Watch the defensive effort.

"Think of the lag. Won't somebody please think of the lag?!"

Watch the defensive effort.

Well, Im sure that isn't far from the truth. The thought of Run being online repels me. (/notafanboycomment)

Maybe. I don't know what the 3DS is like online so I shouldn't say watch the defensive effort. It mightn't have the power to do it or good enough wi-fi. I wonder if the New 3DS would stand a better chance, not that it matters now.

Maybe. I don't know what the 3DS is like online so I shouldn't say watch the defensive effort. It mightn't have the power to do it or good enough wi-fi. I wonder if the New 3DS would stand a better chance, not that it matters now.

Do you have any idea what the throughput capacity of even the most basic 802.11n device is?

Your comments make no sense whatsoever.

Do you have any idea what the throughput capacity of even the most basic 802.11n device is?

Your comments make no sense whatsoever.

That's why I said...

"I don't know what the 3DS is like online so I shouldn't say watch the defensive effort".

But normal games are online? I don't understand why this wouldn't be online, very strange...

Well that sucks. I was looking forward to reliving my Kirbys Air Ride days through Smash with my friends. Sigh. :(

Sometimes, Nintendo....I.....why do I even bother anymore.

Isn't Smash about split second timing? I can't imagine how online could possibly keep up with such a fast paced game. Competitive Smash players use wired controllers because of the lag from wireless ones, and I can imagine online being far worse.

Isn't Smash about split second timing? I can't imagine how online could possibly keep up with such a fast paced game. Competitive Smash players use wired controllers because of the lag from wireless ones, and I can imagine online being far worse.

Other fighting games that require the same thing have popular online modes.

Indeed, it's commonly referred to as "net code". But do Nintendo have the expertise to make sure Smash 3DS is smooth enough, when they've all ready suggested Wii U owners to invest in the LAN adapter?

---

I'm really disappointed about the lack of Smash Run online. It actually looked like a very cool feature and made the 3DS version look way more attractive, but who am I going to play it with? People are all ready defending it by saying it's terrible and grindy, pretty much the standard fanboy defence when a company makes such an omission, but as the exclusive feature of the 3DS version... Nintendo seems to have made a pretty big oversight here.

I'm going to mull it over today, but it's seeming unlikely I'll buy it at this point. It'll depend on how many of my friends in Japan pick it up for now and what modes they play (lucky for them, they get plenty of local people to play with as university students!).

Then it'll just be waiting for the Wii U version.

zlCfzSblzEc8wcbNGS

Pic of the day. This is the World Status you can see in Spectator mode. The game isn't released yet so the map looks pretty plain now, but I wonder what it'll look like once it's out? Also, this is where you can see all sorts of stats being tallied up. In Group play and Spectator mode, you can see characters you haven't unlocked yet, so watch out if you don't want to be spoiled.

zlCfzSblzN89_8hsXZ

Even if you don't want to be spoiled, it might be wise to select the Online option at least once before you start the game. Your Global Smash Power won't appear until the first time you connect to the internet. Not only that, but there could potentially be a patch available that can resolve potential issues, like the one being released now for the Japanese version of the game. For the package version, updates can be pre-downloaded to your system even before you purchase the game, so make sure you look out for them.

Edited by Serebii

I think the 3DS doesn't have the wireless 'n' support, only b and g:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

Also I don't think the new one is due to change that from something I read. :indeed:

Even with B the 3DS would have more wireless throughput than most people internet connections. I was convinced that I read it was N somewhere.... Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with the Wii U

I've never really considered Smash to be as lag-dependant(or lack thereof, rather) as many other fighting games where it's evolved into coming down into framecounts(unless you're M2K, maybe). I am one of the few people who apparently had no real issues with Smash online the times I played, so maybe I'm really super shit at Smash or it doesn't matter that much/I wasn't affected by what everyone else seemed to be.

I'm really disappointed about the lack of Smash Run online. It actually looked like a very cool feature and made the 3DS version look way more attractive, but who am I going to play it with? People are all ready defending it by saying it's terrible and grindy, pretty much the standard fanboy defence when a company makes such an omission, but as the exclusive feature of the 3DS version... Nintendo seems to have made a pretty big oversight here.

I'm going to mull it over today, but it's seeming unlikely I'll buy it at this point. It'll depend on how many of my friends in Japan pick it up for now and what modes they play (lucky for them, they get plenty of local people to play with as university students!).

Then it'll just be waiting for the Wii U version.

Quite a shame and quite the omission for me too, I'm still 50/50 on the 3DS version as it is; I'd be waiting to see how people find it - but really it's the WiiU version I'm really waiting for. Out of my friends I know a few with 3DSes, but I don't know if I could see us getting together to play a bit of 3DS smash - especially when we could eventually spend the time on WiiU Smash instead. Who knows though.