NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Fuck Nintendo, seriously. Not supporting the circle pad pro, a fucking first party accessory, when there's no excuse not to is pure bullshit.

Really not doing the New 3DS 'enhanced' idea any favours when the 'enhancement' is purposely being disallowed with the means we all ready had.

Not to excuse them here, but it's probably not supported because the IR port is going to be used by the NFC stand for Amiibo support and they probably felt that asking people to disconnect it every time they want to scan a figurine in with was too much of a hassle (or maybe there were re-connection issues, dunno ::shrug:)

It's still stupid to not at least provide it as an option for those who would be willing to put up with the hassle, but that's probably part of the reason why.

or the New 3DS would have to intercept the games when they check on the IR port for the CPP otherwise they won't know about the new C Stick.

See, that's how I thought it was gonna work myself. Seemed simple enough, just tell the game that the CPP is attached and map the buttons/2nd circle pad accordingly). The way they're doing it seems pretty stupid to me (it's extra work for them to treat it as a separate input method), but maybe they couldn't get it to work for some reason :confused:

I hope not.

They totally will and you know it! They'll probably release a "Classic Character" DLC pack (no doubt the first of many DLC packs in the works) next year around the time when the New3DS comes out in the west (so March/April), with all of the Melee & Brawl characters that they couldn't get done in time for launch.

All of them will be playable on the normal 3DS, except for Ice Climbers, which will be Wii U/New3DS only.

It's either that or no Ice Climbers on the 3DS version at all...

Edited by Dcubed

Not to excuse them here, but it's probably not supported because the IR port is going to be used by the NFC stand for Amiibo support and they probably felt that asking people to disconnect it every time they want to scan a figurine in with was too much of a hassle (or maybe there were re-connection issues, dunno ::shrug:)

Wow, that's even worse if that could be the case. The idea that these stupid toys are taking precedent over core features is really bad.

MH4 is a game that came out last year, so supports the CPP.

As I said, games that supported the Circle Pad Pro can use the C Stick, but games coded to use the C Stick cannot use the Circle Pad Pro

Yeah, but as I said, you would think Nintendo would have sorted/coded it, especially for the western market who will miss out on using such a control scheme.

Could they patch in such a feature?

Wow, that's even worse if that could be the case. The idea that these stupid toys are taking precedent over core features is really bad.

Stupid toys? amiibo could easily save Nintendo's finances

Yeah, but as I said, you would think Nintendo would have sorted/coded it, especially for the western market who will miss out on using such a control scheme.

Could they patch in such a feature?

In theory they could, yeah.

I think that they didn't intend to have it, then they showed Sakurai the N3DS and he decided to work features from the N3DS into it.

Hell, it could explain why the game was delayed from Summer to September/October

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Stupid toys? amiibo could easily save Nintendo's finances

Maybe, but that doesn't redeem them from a gameplay perspective. The idea that a figurine you pick up and scan could be preventing you from using a second stick is pretty tragic, if that's the case.

No circle pad pro support sux but again Nintendo should have had the new 3DS ready to go with smash in all regions.

The fact we will have to wait until sometime in 2015 to have the option of the c stick when playing smash bros is ridiculous!!

@ Nintendo and @Serebii

dbc.gif

Sorry for explaining what the situation may be rather than shake my fist and go "damn that Nintendo".

It's weird that, sometimes here, the most rampant fanboy is the one with the most perspective and logic.

cpp.jpg?w=640&h=390&crop=1

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

I I I I I I

V V V V

refusebin.JPG

Nintendo know they can pull this bullshit with relative ease. It isn't like this will stop anyone buying Smash 3DS since we're all starving for it. Harsh decision though, especially with no New 3DS due any time soon.

I think it's fucking greptologous. Only die hard fans got the extra Circle Pad adapter and this is Nintendo telling those people to fuck themselves.

I think it's fucking greptologous. Only die hard fans got the extra Circle Pad adapter and this is Nintendo telling those people to fuck themselves.

I'm fairly certain it's not.

I fail to understand the uproar here, what will the c-stick be used for in-game anyway? I assumed it was just for moving the camera around when the game is paused or to look at trophies. :blank:

Oh nevermind, just read about the smash attack thing, surely it's better to have those assigned to buttons though? :p

I fail to understand the uproar here, what will the c-stick be used for in-game anyway? I assumed it was just for moving the camera around when the game is paused or to look at trophies. :blank:

Oh nevermind, just read about the smash attack thing, surely it's better to have those assigned to buttons though? :p

It's more the principal than anything else really. I don't really use c-stick/shake smashes much myself, but I'm still annoyed at the idea of not being able to use them (or any other potential New3DS enhancements) until next year, while Japan gets them from day 1...

It's more the principal than anything else really. I don't really use c-stick/shake smashes much myself, but I'm still annoyed at the idea of not being able to use them (or any other potential New3DS enhancements) until next year, while Japan gets them from day 1...

Ah I understand now, it's more that this is 'the thin end of the wedge' in the long-term which will eventually 'force' more people to upgrade. :(

Both a clever and sneaky move from Nintendo, I'm still going to buy one though in any case but I can see a lot of people getting annoyed if there is any actual game content that gets locked to New 3DS only in the future. :sad:

Also knowing that Super Smash Bros could be classed as technically 'incomplete' for several months until the new machines comes out is annoying too, thankfully the Wii U version will be out by then though, here's hoping Nintendo don't announce a gamepad redesign between now and then! :p

Edited by S.C.G

It wouldn't be so bad if the New 3DS was coming out with the game here like in Japan but we're all gonna be forced to be unable to use the C-stick, I suppose it's standard fare for Nintendo though to introduce an accessory, use it for 1 game and then forget all about it.

For whoever's wondering why it's a big deal well you can do instant smash attacks with it and also do aerial attacks e.g. back air attack while moving forwards.

Personally it sounds too fiddly to be assigning attacks to the 'c-stick' on the New 3DS because the thing is too small for that kind of quick reaction needed - from what I've seen in images/videos anyway - so I'd just rather perform the full moves with buttons.

Who knows though, perhaps it will be something that I'll use when I actually buy a New 3DS, we shall see. : peace:

u4XkvnM.jpg

I'm surprised to see the name change. Apparently, the victory announcer also says "Alph"

^ The above costume spoiler pleases me greatly! :D

MH4 is a game that came out last year, so supports the CPP.

O RLY?

Europe says hellooooo. But that's another matter.

Anyway, I am not surprised and am a bit disappointed that people actually bought the circle pad pro. You should know better than to buy Nintendo's endless amount of peripherals that are used few and far between. How's that 1080 snowboarding balance board supported game that we all wanted last generation?

O RLY?

Europe says hellooooo. But that's another matter.

Anyway, I am not surprised and am a bit disappointed that people actually bought the circle pad pro. You should know better than to buy Nintendo's endless amount of peripherals that are used few and far between. How's that 1080 snowboarding balance board supported game that we all wanted last generation?

Also, just because MH4 isn't out in Europe doesn't mean it shouldn't count, because it has in fact been out a year.

Also, just because MH4 isn't out in Europe doesn't mean it shouldn't count, because it has in fact been out a year.

Wow, 1080 looks amazing, where can I purchase it from? I take everything back.

Never go full retard, brah. Asking for 1080 and receiving Shaun White is the equivalent of asking for Scarlett Johansson and receiving Dawn French. I take it you assume that all racing games are the same, that all football games are the same, that all fighters are the same, too?

Great, it's been out for a year in Japan. Who cares? We are N-Europe, the big emphasis on the Europe and it's pathetic that we are still waiting for that fucking game to arrive here. But, like I said, that's for the other thread. (where others have already mentioned their displeasure)

Never go full retard, brah. Asking for 1080 and receiving Shaun White is the equivalent of asking for Scarlett Johansson and receiving Dawn French. I take it you assume that all racing games are the same, that all football games are the same, that all fighters are the same, too?

Great, it's been out for a year in Japan. Who cares? We are N-Europe, the big emphasis on the Europe and it's pathetic that we are still waiting for that fucking game to arrive here. But, like I said, that's for the other thread. (where others have already mentioned their displeasure)

I know, but I take every opportunity to laugh at that ridiculously poor E3 :p

Erm, Shaun White was brilliant! Better than 1080 in my eyes :)