NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Yeah didn't Serebii lose his shit when the date was announced during E3?

That's what I found when I looked at it two weeks ago, but it seems to be the 28th now.

WTF... we're the only region getting it a week late. :shakehead

zlCfzSaDrTA3dB5hkX

Pic of the day. So what is this Games & More option in the menu? I assume that some people may use this mode the most.

zlCfzSaDrYUZhfGlS7

This is what you see after you click on Games & More. There are many modes to choose from. There's the Options button, too.

zlCfzSaDri4O7kudQq

Futhermore, this is what the screen looks like after you click on Solo. In the Stadium, you can find the Home-Run Contest, various Multi-Man Smash challenges, and Target Blast!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Serebii

Dat Mario 3D Land beat! So toe-tappingly good!

Kinda sad that there's no event match in the 3DS version. Those were fun!

Hmm... What's the difference between "SMASH" and "Games & More"? I assume "Challenge" is the "achievement list" (I first thought it was the Event Mode, but I guess not), but I'm drawing a blank on that big red button.

Also, lol at the All-Star icon. Everybody else looking intense and Sonic be all lookin' at the 4th wall :laughing:

Hmm... What's the difference between "SMASH" and "Games & More"? I assume "Challenge" is the "achievement list" (I first thought it was the Event Mode, but I guess not), but I'm drawing a blank on that big red button.

I assume it's just the "play a match against computers and local friends" mode.

Also, lol at the All-Star icon. Everybody else looking intense and Sonic be all lookin' at the 4th wall :laughing:

Somehow, I can picture him saying something like "Yep, I got here, not Snake"

I assume it's just the "play a match against computers and local friends" mode.

Isn't that the "Group" mode we see in the second picture? At least that's how I interpreted it.

Isn't that the "Group" mode we see in the second picture? At least that's how I interpreted it.

I think that Group button is to play co-op versions of the solo games.

Maybe there's an option to play Co-op Classic? But Brawl did let you play Co-op All-Star, Home-run contest, multi-man, etc. So I assume it's that.

Co-op All-Star is way better than solo All-Star!

Edited by Glen-i

Ask me this time next week...watch my stream! :)

Ask me this time next week...watch my stream! :)

That reminds me, we need to create an import thread for those who are getting it early. It's bad enough a bunch of stuff has been spoiled already, without wandering in here and seeing more stuff.

Holy crap, if those alt skins and costumes people are listing from the new Japanese store demo are accurate, this Neogaf gif someone used in the thread is so, so appropriate.

SlP3Nrw.gif

BIGGEST MONUMENTAL SPOILER:

SEVERAL baseball caps for Pika. Aw yeah.

Edited by Guy

Holy crap, if those alt skins and costumes people are listing from the new Japanese store demo are accurate, this Neogaf gif someone used in the thread is so, so appropriate.

SlP3Nrw.gif

BIGGEST MONUMENTAL SPOILER:

SEVERAL baseball caps for Pika. Aw yeah.

Just came from there. Spoilers ahoy after the jump and some weird $H1T with a Japanese group called AKB48.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=889829

So looking forward to this game. If it has voice chat it will be even more immense!!

Well this is interesting...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889895

Apparently, you can use the C Stick on the New3DS to perform Smash attacks, but the game does NOT support the Circle Pad Pro on the normal 3DS/3DSXL!

So I guess that means that Smash 3DS is officially the first New3DS enhanced game (and I guess it also means that CPP compatible games can't use the enhanced control options with the New3DS' extra buttons & stick... Which is disappointing :( )

I wonder if there will be any other New3DS only enhancements... (Faster loading, 60FPS Assist Trophies, exclusive playable Ice Climbers...)

Great. Now I'm even more annoyed that the New3DS isn't coming out here until next year :cry:

(and I guess it also means that CPP compatible games can't use the enhanced control options with the New3DS' extra buttons & stick... Which is disappointing :( )

Either the games will need a patch, or the New 3DS would have to intercept the games when they check on the IR port for the CPP otherwise they won't know about the new C Stick.

I wonder if there will be any other New3DS only enhancements... (Faster loading, 60FPS Assist Trophies, exclusive playable Ice Climbers...)

I hope not.

Edited by Ike

the game does NOT support the Circle Pad Pro on the normal 3DS/3DSXL!

That sucks big time.

Fuck Nintendo, seriously. Not supporting the circle pad pro, a fucking first party accessory, when there's no excuse not to is pure bullshit.

Really not doing the New 3DS 'enhanced' idea any favours when the 'enhancement' is purposely being disallowed with the means we all ready had.

Fuck Nintendo, seriously. Not supporting the circle pad pro, a fucking first party accessory, when there's no excuse not to is pure bullshit.

Really not doing the New 3DS 'enhanced' idea any favours when the 'enhancement' is purposely being disallowed with the means we all ready had.

I don't think it's being purposefully disallowed.

What the page that was linked to was saying was that games coded with the Circle Pad Pro in mind can work fine on the C Stick on the New 3DS.

Super Smash Bros. was not coded with the Circle Pad Pro, so it is not eligible.

What the page that was linked to was saying was that games coded with the Circle Pad Pro in mind can work fine on the C Stick on the New 3DS.

So, how does this make it okay? Surely, knowing they have an official accessory out that has this function and the fact that the machine comes out after the Smash release means they really should have done something for compatibility? It might as well have been purposefully been done this way, or Nintendo are pants on head retarded and can't keep up with their mountain of peripherals. Then again, considering you can't enable the mini map on Mario Kart 8 with the pro controller, that's likely to be the reason.

Considering its a 1st party game, you would have thought Nintendo would have had it in mind. As it stands it looks to be a middle finger to those who want to use the stick, especially in the west as they don't have the option to buy the new 3DS.

Does MH4 support the stick add on? If so then this news is even more shocking.

So, how does this make it okay? Surely, knowing they have an official accessory out that has this function and the fact that the machine comes out after the Smash release means they really should have done something for compatibility? It might as well have been purposefully been done this way, or Nintendo are pants on head retarded and can't keep up with their mountain of peripherals. Then again, considering you can't enable the mini map on Mario Kart 8 with the pro controller, that's likely to be the reason.

I never said it was ok. I'm just saying that coded for Classic Controller Pro can be translated to the C Stick while coded for the C Stick seems to not be able to be translated to the CCP.

So frustrating. I bought the 3ds ccp, then the xl one. For what? Nintendo really don't help themseleves sometimes...

Considering its a 1st party game, you would have thought Nintendo would have had it in mind. As it stands it looks to be a middle finger to those who want to use the stick, especially in the west as they don't have the option to buy the new 3DS.

Does MH4 support the stick add on? If so then this news is even more shocking.

MH4 is a game that came out last year, so supports the CPP.

As I said, games that supported the Circle Pad Pro can use the C Stick, but games coded to use the C Stick cannot use the Circle Pad Pro