NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I think I need to put some Miis on my console.

Was just htinking the same myself. You couldn't migrate the Wii Mii Plaza to the WiiU, could you?

You SEE!!

:blank:

I'm not so sure about that.

Isn't this the first time that the new Multi-man team has been shown officially?

I mean, yeah, they were in the leak. But I don't remember knowing that before hand.

Because if so, this further confirms that leak. Not that it needed much more confirming...

I think I need to put some Miis on my console.

I think I need to put some of N-Europes Mii's on my consoles.

It'd be fun to punch a few choice people here. And I'm sure some people would love to punch me as well.

Incredible trailer! :D

Who was that at the end?

Also the Xenoblade stage looks like a scrolling one too? or at least in part until you reach the top.

Incredible trailer! :D

Who was that at the end?

Also the Xenoblade stage looks like a scrolling one too? or at least in part until you reach the top.

He's a boss that shows up from time to time in Xenoblade.

He's a mechon called Metal Face, and it turns out that Mumhkar (Spelling?) is operating it. Mumhkar is Dunban's (The man in Shulk's Final Smash) previous former friend. Awesome moment that.

illust.jpg

Man, I love the promotional artwork!

Shulk may have just gotten me more hyped than Greninja did! I need to main him!

Lovingly nicked from GAF.

I couldn't help but smile when Shulk said, "Now it's Shulk Time"

Even Sakurai knows that Reyn had the best lines.

EDIT: Sakurai went into a bit of detail about how Shulk's Monado arts affect him.

Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.

疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.

盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.

斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.

撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

If you listen very carefully at the 1 minute mark of the trailer. You can hear the beginnings of this piece of music.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

My favourite piece of music from that game! Sakurai is spoiling me today!

EDIT: Some sneaky pages were added to the website today.

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry5.html

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry6.html

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry7.html

Here's some pics of items, Assist Trophies and Pokemon I believe we haven't seen yet. (Although, I might be mistaken)

entry5-6.jpg

entry6-11.jpg

entry7-4.jpg

entry7-5.jpg

entry7-6.jpg

entry7-7.jpg

Edited by Glen-i

entry7-6.jpg

Hey look @Glen\-i He got into the game after all! ;)

BTW...

BwNM2aNIcAIJJWo.jpg

Discounted price for 2 copies? I know what I'm picking up on October 4th! :D

Edited by Dcubed

entry7-6.jpg

Hey look @Glen\-i He got into the game after all! ;)

BTW...

BwNM2aNIcAIJJWo.jpg

Discounted price for 2 copies? I know what I'm picking up on October 4th! :D

Told you there was going to be no illusion shenanigans. (The website says he uses Fury Swipes, before slamming victims downwards)

I would be more than happy to pay for half of that! Discount Smash? YES PLEASE!

Edited by Glen-i

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236198-today-s-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-trailer-reconfirmed-a-returning-character

Today's Smash Bros. trailer was chock full of goodness, but there was a tiny bit that Nintendo either forgot to pull or left in as a very tiny Easter egg. Take a look at the image below to see for yourself.

kTpx6Kl.png

Yep, that's Ganondorf seen in that tiny circle. Those that followed along with the leak knew that Ganondorf was returning, but now you get another confirmation straight from Nintendo.

They don't have the same kind of physics attached to them as the Ice Climbers do and the 3DS' weakest point is its CPU... (and of course there's the problem of rendering 16 characters simultaneously on top of that...)

They might be able to now with the new 3DS. ;)

Shulk looks absolutely awesome. The music sounds awesome. His corny English voice sounds awesome.

He kind of took away the fighting style I imagined for Isaac, though. A multi-stance style where each stance gives you different attributes (though Isaac would use Djinni for the purpose).

Just seen the Shulk reveal clip via eShop, his accent/voice actor sounds off(poss a diff person) but still...I've got goosebumps on my dick.

Just realised nobody has posted today's second Picture of the day

zlCfzSYVSuM8YPSwuA

Pic of the day. From Xenoblade Chronicles, Shulk joins the battle!! He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out. This stage is Gaur Plain.

zlCfzSYVTJAe1E7dUO

What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

zlCfzSYVTfE5GWn_W0

翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.

疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.

盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.

斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.

撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

Shulk!

SHULK

SHULK

SHULK!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I hoped, I dreamed, I felt it would remain so.... *pinches self*..... nope still here it is REAL!

WOOOOTTTTTT

My only disapointment is the lack of Reyn in the Final Smash :(

I know Shulk said "It's Shulk Time" as a nice reference to Reyn but I wanted to see Reyn appear in the final smash and say it..... unless they are holding back and Reyn might be playable too?????

I don't have much interest in Xenoblade (not my kind of game), but the character seemed pretty awesome based on that trailer.

By the way, have we seen this game's Dark Link skin before now?

screen-6.jpg

Also, based on the trailer and this image

screen-7.jpg

It looks like he gets two random characters for his final smash (it was two creature things in the trailer, then one creature thing and this dude here).

Edit: Never mind, that dude was there.

Edited by Cube

Just seen the Shulk reveal clip via eShop, his accent/voice actor sounds off(poss a diff person) but still...I've got goosebumps on my dick.

His model and voice looked off in the cutscene. His in game model looks fine though.

It looks like he gets two random characters for his final smash (it was two creature things in the trailer, then one creature thing and this dude here).

They won't be random if you've played the game. :p

Someone translated the soundtrack listing:

• Menu
  • Super Mario 3D Land Theme / Sea Theme
  • Rainbow Road Series Medley
  • Gerudo Valley
  • Green Greens Ver.2
  • Star Wolf Theme / Sector Z
  • Tortimer Island Medley [Kotobuki Land Medley]
  • Running / Countdown BGM
  • Multi-Man Smash
  • etc.

"Rainbow Road Series Medley" sounds amazing already.

My only disapointment is the lack of Reyn in the Final Smash :(
But we get the legendary heropon...

RIKIIIIIIIIIIII! :bouncy::yay::grin: