NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Yeah I realised that late yesterday evening. Apologies, good sir :)

No apologies needed ofcourse!

I fell for it too at first.... :(

Just wished people wouldn't stoop so low for some "internetpoints"...

Whelp! Now that the MK8 DLC is out of the bag and that it does contain content that affects the main game (a first for Nintendo) and potential splits the userbase, the floodgates are officially open for Smash now!

Fuck it! It's a free for all now! DLC characters, stages, god only knows what is now up for grabs!

I expect to eventually see all of the cut past characters characters from the first 3 games end up as DLC additions at some point now (Ice Climbers might end up being Wii U only though).

Edited by Dcubed

zlCfzSXuOrARd7rscn

Pic of the day. A panel in the Challenges area will unlock everytime you clear a challenge. When you unlock a panel, you'll see hints for unlocking panels directly adjacent to it on all sides. And this time, each panel will unlock pictures related to the challenge. This is tougher than it looks, you know? The challenges in the 3DS version are a little on the easy side, but the Wii U version challenges might be a bit trickier.

New music, too

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Not too keen on the Dream Team remix there.

Which is a shame because the original version is quite good.

That Green Greens music on the other hand...

Starting to seem like that leak is legit, huh?

I'm OK with that. Because that roster is stellar.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Leak

After these images were posted in the thread, the "Motherfucking Leaker" would then post a list claiming the following characters to be DLC: Lucas, Wolf, the Ice Climbers, Snake, and the Chorus Men implicated by the Gematsu leaks. However, the leaker would later admit on Smashboards that he made the DLC list up to catch "copycat leaks" and "to have a little fun", but maintained his leaked images were completely real.

Another point of debate is if the screenshots, if real, depict the entire playable character and stage roster. The seemingly strange placement of certain characters and stages, the conspicuous empty space on both, the lack of heavily implicated characters such as Mewtwo and the Chorus Men, the seeming over-saturation of past stages, and the question mark over Mewtwo in the original leak image lead many people to believe that there are more characters and stages that were not unlocked at the time the screenshots were taken. To compound the confusion, the leakers never stated if it was the full roster or not, with one of them, MasterLinkX, flatout stating on Smashboards that it was not, and the Smashboards mods investigating the leak being unable to come up with a conclusive answer. However, other observers who believe the leak have maintained that it is likely to be the final roster, citing that the character placement is sensible and complete looking, and that MasterLinkX cannot be trusted, as he refuses to give more information, while also having admitted that he attempted to sabotage his leaked images to create doubt in the leak and halt their spread (such as by photoshopping "disabled" in one of his screenshots to read as "disablad").

(Ice Climbers might end up being Wii U only though).

Y'know, I've been thinking about this and I can't wrap my head around why Sakurai is/was having trouble getting Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. Can the 3DS not handle the additional AI or what? I know there's a lot going on but he managed with Rosalina and Olimar, although they are probably simpler.

Y'know, I've been thinking about this and I can't wrap my head around why Sakurai is/was having trouble getting Ice Climbers in the 3DS version. Can the 3DS not handle the additional AI or what? I know there's a lot going on but he managed with Rosalina and Olimar, although they are probably simpler.

You're thinking too simple! You gotta think 4 player!

You ever played a match with 4 Ice Climbers?

And let's not forget they have to be rendered twice for the 3D effect! That's 16 Ice Climber renders!

You're thinking too simple! You gotta think 4 player!

You ever played a match with 4 Ice Climbers?

And let's not forget they have to be rendered twice for the 3D effect! That's 16 Ice Climber renders!

Ah, yes. Never considered that. Probably because I don't know why anyone would even use them. :p

The same would still apply to the other 2 characters I mentioned though I would assume.

Green greens is nice, but feels a bit thinned/light - not quite got the meajesty of it that I usually expect. The M&L is meh, tbh the track that sticks in my mind from M&L's is the minigame theme from Inside Story, could really go for a remix or general M&L medley including that somehow.

EDIT: So I youtubed some and ended up at a compilation;

vs

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The medley(well I don't know a proper name, I'm talking at 0:18-0:33 ish) in the remix seems a bit too light compared to most of the other versions, imo. Needs more oomph! Possibly even the most oomph. Arrrgh. It's not even that. I'm not sure what it is, but it really doesn't feel right to me. Lack of background? I just can't place it. Maybe I'm just the weirdo here.

What are the @Fused King's thoughts on the matter?

Edited by Rummy

zlCfzSYAKt4bdX9TN-

Pic of the day. Customize your characters in the Custom section. It sounded better to customize "characters" instead of "fighters," so that's what we went with. There are various ways to customize, but make sure you remember to set up the powers you're bringing with you before playing a round of Smash Run.

Yeah, "character" does sound much nicer and more friendly than "fighter" :)

Ah, yes. Never considered that. Probably because I don't know why anyone would even use them. :p

The same would still apply to the other 2 characters I mentioned though I would assume.

They don't have the same kind of physics attached to them as the Ice Climbers do and the 3DS' weakest point is its CPU... (and of course there's the problem of rendering 16 characters simultaneously on top of that...)

The medley(well I don't know a proper name, I'm talking at 0:18-0:33 ish) in the remix seems a bit too light compared to most of the other versions, imo. Needs more oomph! Possibly even the most oomph. Arrrgh. It's not even that. I'm not sure what it is, but it really doesn't feel right to me. Lack of background? I just can't place it. Maybe I'm just the weirdo here.

What are the Fused King's thoughts on the matter?

Yeah, I feel ya, I feel ya, but since it is a remix of a song that has been remixed countless of time in almost every Kirby game, it's nice to see they can still give it a new twist, I guess.

Oh, and whenit comes to the Mario&Luigi series there better be a remix in there of this track, or just a jazzed up version of the original!

Great battle music!

Come to think of it, Partners in Time also had a great Final Boss track:

I was very dissapointed in the tracks they chose from this series in Brawl (I believe it was just the original track of Dry Dry Desert from Partners in Time and another track not remixed or anything) and along with the Paper Mario franchise these two series could really do with some more representation music wise.

Some tracks are simply phenomenal!

WHY THE FUCK IS COUNT BLECK NOT PLAYABLE!?!?!?!?!

SSBB___Count_Bleck_by_WhiteWings.jpg

Thank God there's at least a Paper Mario stage this time 'round. Let's hope this means more music from that series.

Edited by Fused King

Yeah, I feel ya, I feel ya, but since it is a remix of a song that has been remixed countless of time in almost every Kirby game, it's nice to see they can still give it a new twist, I guess.

Oh, and whenit comes to the Mario&Luigi series there better be a remix in there of this track, or just a jazzed up version of the original!

Great battle music!

Ok, that'd be totally awesome for a Smash match.

You know what'd also be awesome? If they got KDJ to record a violin'd track or two.

I'm not even a Mega Man fan but this track is just too good.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Last Friday's pic of the day update was one of the best we've had. Being able to listen to these tracks in sleep mode is fantastic.

I'm not even a Mega Man fan but this track is just too good.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Last Friday's pic of the day update was one of the best we've had. Being able to listen to these tracks in sleep mode is fantastic.

I've not played a lot of MegaMans, I got into 2 from NES for a bit when I had my flash cart and I absolutely fucking loved the music. I don't know what it was, it's just kinda raw due to the technical limitations but for me vibes a bit reminiscent of DnB or something - absolutely fell in love and have the soundtrack in my music collection, always a delight when it all comes on. Would love to have some MM2 remix tunes in the game - tbh hopefully quite likely with the MM stage in it too!

Hmmm, my gut says tomorrow will bring a more interesting smash update...

But don't trust my gut, it has always been wrong ;)

Well, there IS a direct tomorrow, I'd be surprised if there isn't something Smash related.

zlCfzSYRhu8A_fCF1a

Pic of the day. The mysterious fighting teams that appear in the Smash Bros. series come in many shapes and sizes, but this time even we don't know what all of them will look like! It's said that they copy faces from Mii characters saved on your system and attack in a large throng…!! But wait, they all have big smiles on their faces. Looks like they're having a good time, so show no mercy and launch them all away!!

You SEE!!

:blank: