NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

zlCfzSV5k0QFnqodti

Pic of the day. "No, I'll just beat you within an inch of your life!" Demon Lord Ghirahim makes an appearance in Smash Bros!! He's an Assist Trophy, so he could conceivably back up Link, too.

New stage?

Looks like it. The same way the Metroid stage was shown the other day for the 3DS version.

zlCfzSVRm3Es4aQHJD

New stage?

Based on the odd looking statue, looks like a Pokémon stage.

New stage?

Na, we've known of this one for a while. It's the Kalos Elite Four stage from Pokémon X & Y

Duck Hunt = The gayest Banjo Kazooie clone.

Are you ever happy about anything?

If that leak is legit, I will be more than satisfied with that roster. Even with the lack of playable Dillon. Greninja and "new character on the bottom row next to Pac-Man" make up for it and everything else is just gravy.

(Also, I know it's a rumour still, but you could spoiler tag that, you know? It's plausible enough to be true, especially after Famitsu showed a room in the Tomadatchi Life stage that matched the one shown in the leak perfectly, 2 days after the leak)

Smash Bros. Creator Explains Why Wii U Owners Have to Wait

As the release date of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS fast approaches, you might take a moment to ponder why Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Wii U isn't coming out simultaneously. Series creator, Masahiro Sakurai explains why.

In his semi-weekly column in Weekly Famitsu, Sakurai noted that at the time of writing, he is currently in the middle of the debug process for the 3DS version of the new Smash Bros. Debugging is where a team tests a game for any unintended glitches for the programmers to fix before the final product is released. the process is time-consuming, painstaking, and potentially ripping-out-fists-full-of-hair frustrating.

"Checking is done both domestically and overseas, so for a game like Smash Bros., several hundred people are employed." Sakurai explained. "So, debugging alone becomes a huge project. So much so that one of the biggest reasons for the separate release dates for the 3DS and Wii U versions was so that we could shift the debugging periods."

As gamers, we are able to laugh at funny glitches, and yell at developers over game-breaking bugs that are stumbled upon by accident, but very few of us are subjected to the process of actually finding them. With a game like Smash Bros., the varying combinations and complex coding involved is mind-blowing.

"In a previous Smash Bros., we found a bug during the debugging process where if fighter A hits item B and fighters C and D are simultaneously affected, the game would freeze." Sakurai recalled. "Considering not only the different fighters, but items, stages, color settings, play rules, and game modes, the number of varying combinations are astronomical. In order to properly debug, every pattern must be tried, but such a task would be impossible no matter how many decades or centuries you take."

While this doesn't necessarily excuse the existence of bugs – give me back my damn save data, Fallout: New Vegas – it does make you empathize with the hundreds of individuals who have to play the same parts over and over trying to find any bugs. "There are many reasons why a game's release date will be delayed, but eight or nine times out of ten, it's usually because a bug couldn't be fixed in time." Sakurai wrote. "But it's better than releasing a product like that."

I suppose we can wait a little longer for the Wii U version of Smash Bros. So long as both versions are awesome.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is scheduled for release in Japan on September 13th, in North America and Europe on October 3rd, and in Australia on October 4th. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is scheduled for release 4th quarter, 2014.

http://kotaku.com/smash-bros-creator-explains-why-wii-u-users-will-have-1624879347?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Are you ever happy about anything?

Not entirely sure exactly what your problem here is to be honest.

But I fail to see how anyone can't think the expression on their faces as rather camp.

ness_smash_bros_leak.png

Unless you were thinking of gay being used in the critical sense, which is just downright rude of you.

So why not prioritise it the other way round, instead?

If the Wii U one came out first, barely anyone would bother with the 3DS version.

If the Wii U one came out first, barely anyone would bother with the 3DS version.

What about the 35+ million people that own a 3DS but not a Wii U?

I have been thinking lately about why Nintendo thought to release Smash on 3DS in the first place.

It's not like anyone was desperately crying out for it right? Never have I once thought to myself: "Gee I love Smash, but wouldn't it be great to be able to play it on the go by myself on a tiny screen with worse controls?".

Smash is fundamentally a multi-player game and, for the majority of people who buy it, a party game. It just doesn't fit the mould for a handheld game.

To me personally, it's just taking development time and resources away from the proper, definitive version of the game.

I guess the issue for Nintendo is that, like Cube has said, millions of people own a 3DS and hardly anyone owns a Wii U. It will be interesting to see how many they actually do sell on 3DS after the Wii U version is released.

I thought I put a winkie face on the end! Cos yeah...whilst that justifies the delay aptly, it doesn't justify the priority of 3DS vs WiiU. I would, in fact, put WiiU first given the 3DS saturation. Some folks might be happy on 3DS over Wii U(unless as it's been reported, the 3DS sucks enough that people'll buy, think 'fuck this!', then WiiU up!)

EDIT: Winkie now present.

;)

Must be something good coming because this is officially the latest Pic Of The Day.

It's gone 10 bells and still nothing. We're well and truly in uncharted waters at this stage. It has to be EPIC!

zlCfzSWPBgYpZixJI8zlCfzSWPHNcCUKFZnv

Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases.

zlCfzSWPCCQ6Wmcjv3zlCfzSWPIh4RY95EG4

Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!

Edited by Serebii

Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases.

zlCfzSWPHNcCUKFZnv

In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area.

zlCfzSWPIh4RY95EG4

Edited by Wii

Edit: Did people edit previous posts? Those weren't there a few minutes ago.

Anyway, play in sleep mode sounds good.

Edited by Cube

I suppose that means that the leak is probably real then. 2 days and no rebuttal?

With this update, he's basically telling us "look! There's still stuff other than stages and characters that haven't been leaked yet!"

Oh screw it. I'm just going to get this. Said before why I never bother much with them (screwy personal online & zero friends/family that...actually try), but the lag on MK7 online wasn't that bad for me, so the 3DS one should be alright.

Looking more forward to the Wii U version for some sort of lengthy adventure mode, though (yeah, I know there's no zillion CGi scene adventure mode, but there's sure to be at least some sort of adventure mode). Try and get some sort of local MK8/Smash U going at Christmas.