NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Less than a month until the Japanese release! Who's joining me, waiting on the eShop at 4PM on the 12th?

Yeah, that's the moment I'm going on blackout.

There might be a chance that there's stuff that hasn't been shown yet and I want it to surprise me.

Also, I can't read Japanese and I like reading the trophy descriptions.

Yeah, that's the moment I'm going on blackout.

There might be a chance that there's stuff that hasn't been shown yet and I want it to surprise me.

Speaking of a blackout, I would appreciate it if those who do import the JP version stick everything in spoilers. Maybe we could create a thread for those playing it before the western release.

Less than a month until the Japanese release! Who's joining me, waiting on the eShop at 4PM on the 12th?

I'm sure I won't be able to resist.

I can't say I feel to excited for the 3ds version for some reason. I'm obviously going to buy it, but I just can't get hyped.

In fairness, I haven't looked in this thread that much, nor have I watched many videos, character reveals etc - so maybe that's why.

But yeah, not getting hyped just yet. I guess it just feels alien to imagine a game of this scale on a handheld. :confused:

Am sure it will be amazing though! : peace:

I might not even bother buying the 3DS version. I've always preferred games on a big screen and there's also loads of other titles out in October I want.

Shall definitely pre-order the WiiU version though.

If only the 3DS were region free, sadly I'll have to avoid this thread when the Japanese version comes out. I wonder why Nintendo can do a simultaneous worldwide release for Pokemon and not Smash Bros which has less text to translate

Really annoying both versions are coming out so close to each other. If one came out in the summer, I probably would have bought both. I think I'll just go for the 3DS version for the portability - playing smash on the road will be a new experience. And it's a nice stall for RubySapphire. :)

I honestly wasn't planning on purchasing the 3DS version, but with the announcement of the limited edition XL which comes with the game installed, it looks like it's quite likely that I will end up with the game.

On the game itself, from what I played at Oz Comic Con, I wasn't the greatest fan of how it plays, simply the controls felt awkward due to the shape of the 3DS, and not being able to dodge using R felt unintuitive, hopefully the final build does include customisable controls. Not to mention perhaps it will feel better to play with a 3DS XL.

I honestly wasn't planning on purchasing the 3DS version, but with the announcement of the limited edition XL which comes with the game installed, it looks like it's quite likely that I will end up with the game.

On the game itself, from what I played at Oz Comic Con, I wasn't the greatest fan of how it plays, simply the controls felt awkward due to the shape of the 3DS, and not being able to dodge using R felt unintuitive, hopefully the final build does include customisable controls. Not to mention perhaps it will feel better to play with a 3DS XL.

Hmm, what was the dodge button?

Wild horses couldn't make me play Smash on a 3DS. It's wrong to me. That game needs tight controls.

I wish there was at least a 6 month gap , but oh well.

Any news on the limited edition wii u versions ? And gamecube controllers coming to the uk ?

zlCfzSU8uT4r40CA7I

Pic of the day. Nightmare Wizard appears as an Assist Trophy! He will engulf the stage in darkness, and fighters will need to brawl blindly for a while. Look out for the effect before it goes dark, and play it to your advantage. Blinding and reversal effects even make the computer players mess up.

DOS SHADEZ! :awesome:

Like a fine wine, he's only gotten cooler over time...

Nightmarewizard.png

Nice to see that the computers are actually affected by these visual effects.

Always annoyed me that they'd carry on like nothing was going on.

What's that guy from?

Final Boss of Kirby's Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land

So it would appear Super Smash Bros. 3DS is 2.1GB's in size.

tumblr_naickeh0Q81sw8d3mo1_1280.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was 7.92GB by comparison.

zlCfzSVRmjE9Agb0qz

Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!

zlCfzSVRm3Es4aQHJD

Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

I see what you're trying to do there Sakurai... The fact that these costumes have been made by a female designer doesn't mean that they aren't designed to titillate :indeed:

Edited by Dcubed

I see what you're trying to do there Sakurai... The fact that these costumes have been made by a female designer doesn't mean that they aren't designed to titillate :indeed:

Well it's not like he pulled them out of nowhere, these are actual costumes Samus has worn in Metroid games...

What is going on with the orange one's shoe? It's nearly the size of the lower leg.

Well it's not like he pulled them out of nowhere, these are actual costumes Samus has worn in Metroid games...

Well they're not quite the same costumes...

Mfend2.pngMetroidzero06.png

... but they are clearly based off of these two shots from the GBA Metroid games. They've taken their colour schemes and make sportswear out of them ;)

Edited by Dcubed

... but they are clearly based off of these two shots from the GBA Metroid games. They've taken their colour schemes and make sportswear out of them ;)

Based on the 3DS image, they look identical to the source material, though.

zlCfzSVRm3Es4aQHJD

Is that literally the inspiration for these 'cosutmes'? Two screenshots from GBA games, or are they actually featured more/elsewise? Feels a bit cheap to put her in them to me really.