NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

This was such a non-story to begin with.

I know, I did tell them.

zlCfzSQ0HAk8p4-4eU

Pic of the day. Look at these three radiant pieces... Yup, you guessed it! It's another combinable item like the Dragoon-the Daybreak.

zlCfzSQ0Hak5PE0DDa

This is what it looks like when all three parts are combined together. How powerful will its beam blast be? FYI, you can fire shooting items while moving backward and forward. Change direction by flicking the Control Stick or Circle Pad toward the back of the fighter.

Does anyone know what it's from? Or is it an original Smash Bros item?

Does anyone know what it's from? Or is it an original Smash Bros item?

It's a Sakurai game.

It's from Kid Icarus, like half the game's content :p

Yeah, it's from Uprising. The item was only available in multiplayer.

In Uprising you only had one shot after collecting all three parts, and when you pick up the last part there's a brief moment to aim your weapon before it automatically fires a OHKO beam. Pretty sure it was the strongest item in the game.

Yeah that's what I mean, you don't have to like the games to like the item. Do you think they'll ever swap Golden for Magikarp? It could be cool if he could splash and have a rare chance of suddenly evolving into Gyarados and using surf :D

That'd be brilliant. Tbh I never really understood why it was Goldeen instead of Magikarp anyway. Do second that the pokeballs are absolute classics of Smash though, the assist trohpys were an excellent addition in Brawl for the same effect with non-pokemons.

zlCfzSRICv0mhm5u8Z

Pic of the day. Victini and Xerneas are both support Pokémon. Victini's Victory Star boosts the attack of whoever throws the Poké Ball, and also prevents flinching. Xerneas's Geomancy increases the launch power of all fighters, but exceptionally raises it for whoever had the Poké Ball.

Nice to finally see some Pokeball Pokemon that actually affect the stats of the characters themselves. Makes a nice change from them just becoming stage hazards :)

zlCfzSRca1kyyVPZbA

"Pic of the day. Here's the trophy gallery for the 3DS version. You can rotate the trophies by drawing circles on the bottom screen. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had tons of trophies, but rumor has it that the 3DS version alone may have more than Brawl. Looks like the Dr. Wily that we made from scratch for the 3DS version is on his knees in disbelief".

zlCfzSRcbMAX8ULwuf

"Here's something new--the trophy shop. If you're having a hard time getting certain trophies, why not just buy them? They sometimes go on sale, too".

Edited by Wii

zlCfzSRca1kyyVPZbA

Pic of the day. Here's the trophy gallery for the 3DS version. You can rotate the trophies by drawing circles on the bottom screen. Super Smash Bros. Brawl had tons of trophies, but rumor has it that the 3DS version alone may have more than Brawl. Looks like the Dr. Wily that we made from scratch for the 3DS version is on his knees in disbelief.

zlCfzSRcbMAX8ULwuf

Here's something new--the trophy shop. If you're having a hard time getting certain trophies, why not just buy them? They sometimes go on sale, too.

^^^ Unbelievably sad. In other news:

First Japanese Super Smash Bros. for 3DS commercial

Edited by Wii

Considering the 3DS card size constraints in comparison to a dual layer DVD (unless this is gonna be the first 8GB 3DS card), that's pretty impressive that they've crammed in more trophies than in Brawl :)

Considering the 3DS card size constraints in comparison to a dual layer DVD (unless this is gonna be the first 8GB 3DS card), that's pretty impressive that they've crammed in more trophies than in Brawl :)

Brawl fits onto a regular DVD if you get rid of the Subspace Emissary cutscenes, that's what I had to do for my friend's Wii which couldn't read dual layer DVDs. The 3DS game has less music compared to Brawl as well... Videos and music take the most space in storage.

Saying that, Wii U discs have 25gb of storage... Imagine how much they'll be able to put into that :D

Y U STOP THERE?! That commercial forced me to go and listen to the menu theme again.

Brawl fits onto a regular DVD if you get rid of the Subspace Emissary cutscenes, that's what I had to do for my friend's Wii which couldn't read dual layer DVDs. The 3DS game has less music compared to Brawl as well... Videos and music take the most space in storage.

Saying that, Wii U discs have 25gb of storage... Imagine how much they'll be able to put into that :D

Sod that, lets use a dual layer disc and go with 50GB!

All dose trophies... :D

That video sums up why Smash is the most awesome thing ever.

: peace:

zlCfzSRxiAk1PcLHKE

Pic of the day. "♪Ba-ding!♪"

If you turn on the 3D effect, it really looks like there's a Game Boy inside the screen.

Ha! Love how all the characters are made black & white :)

I wonder if the battery indicator will actually match the 3DS' own built-in battery indicator, like how it does on GB/GBC VC games... (I mean, they're using the same S3D effect as the VC games, so...)

Finally, a Game Boy stage! :yay:

Kirby and Dedede aren't the right colours, they should be green&yellow. Which leads me to believe those are just their usual alternate costumes (go check, they have them in Brawl)

Yeah they're just the ALTs, but what if the stage forced everyone to automatically take that colour(or teh closest approximation) it'd be a little touch.

Yeah they're just the ALTs, but what if the stage forced everyone to automatically take that colour(or teh closest approximation) it'd be a little touch.

True, but it would make it hard to immediately distinguish your own character. Like, say, Mario&Luigi or Fox&Wolf, would look very similar, if everybody had the same colour palette.