NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

So what if Pokemon is more popular? Mario is infinitely more popular than Fire Emblem, yet you don't find that franchise smothering Smash
No it just smothers the entire console.

Ah c'mon, Pokeballs are the absolute staple item of the series. Gotta have some love for the Pokeballs.

Pokeballs are great, plus you can just turn them off if you want so I don't see the problem.

You have to be a terrible person to actively dislike Pokemon imo. I haven't really enjoyed a Pokemon game since Crystal but I always enjoy throwing a pokeball at my opponent's feet, apart from when Goldeen comes out...

You have to be a terrible person to actively dislike Pokemon imo. I haven't really enjoyed a Pokemon game since Crystal but I always enjoy throwing a pokeball at my opponent's feet, apart from when Goldeen comes out...

I've haven't played any main Pokémon game since Blue (I hated it) and even I still enjoy the Pokéball item.

I've haven't played any main Pokémon game since Blue (I hated it) and even I still enjoy the Pokéball item.

Yeah that's what I mean, you don't have to like the games to like the item. Do you think they'll ever swap Golden for Magikarp? It could be cool if he could splash and have a rare chance of suddenly evolving into Gyarados and using surf :D

It's the last 10 seconds, you've got over 90% damage, and all your hope of winning the match comes down to a Pokeball.

A Pokeball that contains this troll:

tumblr_lpr9etxMu51qluebuo1_500.gif

zlCfzSPk7VIPGxb5B3

What's up with this bomb? This looks like the stadium for the Home-run Contest, but there's no bat. Once you touch the bomb, it begins to count down. Give it enough damage and launch it at the right time…then once the bomb's countdown hits zero…!!

zlCfzSPk7xwoE8XJDq

..It goes BOOOOOM! Not only will the blast destroy targets, but it'll also cause a chain reaction by using shattered walls and bomb blocks--all of which contributes to you getting a high score!! This is a new activity that combines the concepts of Target Smash and the Home-run Contest--it's called Target Blast! Your final score is the total you rack up over two rounds. Of course, your Target Blast scores contribute to your Global Smash Power, too.

Edited by Serebii

There's a Pokemon in that screenshot. FREAKING SAKURAI AND HIS POKEHARD-ON. WHERE'S THE DIVERSITY?

Target blast sounds great but I really hope Break The Targets still exists! Unique levels for all characters please :)

Did anyone else LOVE Home Run Contest? God damn. So addictive! I always it hardest to do well with Falcon :(

Edit. HOLY BALLS that Link attempt is insane.

Yeah that's what I mean, you don't have to like the games to like the item. Do you think they'll ever swap Golden for Magikarp? It could be cool if he could splash and have a rare chance of suddenly evolving into Gyarados and using surf :D

MotherF yes! Was about to write this when I read your first Goldeen post... Dont understand why that Pokemon persistently gets let in! Margikarp is the no.1 'fail' Pokemon, and imagine the lovely surprise when, say, 30 secs after the Margikarp is flailing away and everyone has forgot about it - it violently evolves into Gyarados firing horizontal Hyper Beams.

:yay:

Edited by King_V

Target blast sounds great but I really hope Break The Targets still exists! Unique levels for all characters please :)

Did anyone else LOVE Home Run Contest? God damn. So addictive! I always it hardest to do well with Falcon :(

Edit. HOLY BALLS that Link attempt is insane.

Yeah I like all the mini games they have and multi man battle. For Captain Falcon and Ganondorf what I'd do with the sand bag is just jump and do their down + A stomp attack until time was almost running out then do a Falcon Punch to send the bag flying. I liked Break the Targets in the N64 and Melee Smash but not Brawl cause they only had 5 stages in that one :( I'd like it if they brought back character specific stages and BOARD THE PLATFORMS :D

Yeah I like all the mini games they have and multi man battle. For Captain Falcon and Ganondorf what I'd do with the sand bag is just jump and do their down + A stomp attack until time was almost running out then do a Falcon Punch to send the bag flying. I liked Break the Targets in the N64 and Melee Smash but not Brawl cause they only had 5 stages in that one :( I'd like it if they brought back character specific stages and BOARD THE PLATFORMS :D

Yeah we definitely need character specific break the target levels! I loved how they really tested your knowledge of the characters..in fact I remember Young Link's stage required the player to wall jump out of a box at the beginning!

Look at that time..5.33s?!

Look at that time..5.33s?!

Wowzers. :o

That is nuts. :awesome:

I was like "ha! he missed one"... oh. :heh:

Wowzers. :o

That is nuts. :awesome:

I was like "ha! he missed one"... oh. :heh:

The Link one is even more insane! Give it a quick google, think he does it in 3 seconds lol.

The Link one is even more insane! Give it a quick google, think he does it in 3 seconds lol.

Do you mean this one?

I had no idea you could use the hookshot after air dodging in Melee...

Do you mean this one?

I had no idea you could use the hookshot after air dodging in Melee...

Yeah that's the one! Samus can use it after air dodging too :) It has to be within 30 frames of the air dodge starting though..otherwise you just fall to your death.

Man the music in that game was so good!

Nintendo Exec Names Rayman as Playable Character For Smash Bros

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/nintendo-exec-names-rayman-as-playable-character-for-smash-bros#.U92Pr2NIrMg

In the above video, right around 2:10, the Communications, Marketing, and Partnerships Director of Nintendo of Canada, Matt Ryan, mentioned Rayman after Pac-Man when he mentions newcomers. While this is by no means a confirmation of the character, between Sakurai's Miiverse tease and this mention, the idea of the limbless character joining the ranks of Smash Bros. is seeming less and less out of the question. For those who would like to see what Sakurai said when he posted the image, the original quote is below:

"Pic of the day. In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, they sent us data of a brand new 3D model that they rendered for this game!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!" — Masahiro Sakurai

With this new information, it now appears that Sakurai might have purposely stuck to his trademarked inconclusive language, as there is absolutely nothing in the quote regarding Rayman as a character or the use of other Ubisoft properties in the game.

I'd love to see this. Personally, I think having third party characters adds to the appeal of the game, especially if you're a person who is unfamiliar with Nintendo characters. I'm the only Nintendo gamer among my friends, and the only game of Smash Brothers they ever enjoyed was Brawl since it had Sonic and Solid Snake. Everyone else, save for Mario and Luigi, were completely unrecognizable to them.

Regardless of all that however, I think it's too good to be true. I remember the character roster was leaked ages ago by an unknown source who had named Pacman as a new-comer right before the E3 announcement. And since Rayman wasn't part of that leak, I doubt he'll make it on here.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Gematsu_leaks

Nintendo Exec Names Rayman as Playable Character For Smash Bros

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/nintendo-exec-names-rayman-as-playable-character-for-smash-bros#.U92Pr2NIrMg

I'd love to see this. Personally, I think having third party characters adds to the appeal of the game, especially if you're a person who is unfamiliar with Nintendo characters. I'm the only Nintendo gamer among my friends, and the only game of Smash Brothers they ever enjoyed was Brawl since it had Sonic and Solid Snake. Everyone else, save for Mario and Luigi, were completely unrecognizable to them.

Regardless of all that however, I think it's too good to be true. I remember the character roster was leaked ages ago by an unknown source who had named Pacman as a new-comer right before the E3 announcement. And since Rayman wasn't part of that leak, I doubt he'll make it on here.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Gematsu_leaks

I saw this the other day but decided not to post it as I think he made a mistake and no point adding to the rumour mill. I think he's distracted while trying to play the game and talk at the same time. I'd say he meant Megaman. None of the others even noticed what he said or pulled him up on it. I wouldn't mind Rayman but I don't think he's worthy enough and they're probably set on 3rd party characters. Any other announcement wouldn't rival the other reveals.

I think he's distracted while trying to play the game and talk at the same time. I'd say he meant Megaman.

I thought so too, but I don't think it would make sense for him to talk about characters that the other people are already seeing on-screen in front of them (since Megaman was already selected by player 2). It would make more sense for him to describe characters that aren't on the roster they're selecting from, given that he started his sentence by mentioning Pac-Man, who isn't playable in any of the builds.

Admittedly this guy's position might not qualify him to know developer secrets. Bill Trinnen himself said only a select few from treehouse were allowed to see the new characters and play the latest build, as the room they have set up for testing is literally a closet. But the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope is that this guy is the head of partnerships at Nintendo Canada, so maybe that was what got him the info.

Unless "partnerships" means a completely different thing than what I'm imagining.