NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Not sure if anyone else watched the stream but Bowser is so flippin' powerful it's unreal! His down-B(where he jumps up and slams down) will destroy a shield and leave his opponent stunned if they try and shield it.

Also, it was confirmed that this version and the E3 version of the game were pre-Smash direct versions of the game, so I expect that there'll be a lot of differences to the final game. Can anyone remember when the smash-direct was?

It was either in March or May. I wish we saw more characters instead of everyone picking Bowser and Toon Link, but the guys who made it to grand finals played very well and deserved their spots. I like how big Bowser's fire breath move is now and just how fast he runs. I also like how Giga Bowser has the classic belly slide run :D

Had a watch of some of the stream from after I left last night, and the lag seems minimal there so it must have been their cable

It was either in March or May. I wish we saw more characters instead of everyone picking Bowser and Toon Link, but the guys who made it to grand finals played very well and deserved their spots. I like how big Bowser's fire breath move is now and just how fast he runs. I also like how Giga Bowser has the classic belly slide run :D

People picked Toon Link? OK...

Nothing against Toon Link, he's an absolute beast in Brawl. But you'd think the new characters would get picked the most.

"OK, I'm gonna try the new Smash Bros! Who will I try out? Maybe Villager, or Little Mac? Oh! Mega Man looks fun!

No, I'm gonna pick Toon Link!"

I can't be the only one thinks this reasoning is utterly dumb?

People picked Toon Link? OK...

Nothing against Toon Link, he's an absolute beast in Brawl. But you'd think the new characters would get picked the most.

"OK, I'm gonna try the new Smash Bros! Who will I try out? Maybe Villager, or Little Mac? Oh! Mega Man looks fun!

No, I'm gonna pick Toon Link!"

I can't be the only one thinks this reasoning is utterly dumb?

Megaman is definitely the first character I'll be picking! Assuming he's available from the start..

That said, I'll be straight on to Marth after that. Totes my main as always.

Not sure if anyone else watched the stream but Bowser is so flippin' powerful it's unreal! His down-B(where he jumps up and slams down) will destroy a shield and leave his opponent stunned if they try and shield it.

Good! Bowser has always been one of the more lamer characters in Smash.

Anyway, with him crashing down on you, it shouldn't be surprising that it breaks shields really.

I'm loving all the buffs Bowser is getting. He's the King of Awesome, after all. He deserves it!

Pikachu has been my boy since the N64 version and I was very pleased to discover he has the red/white cap in the 3DS version. Probably happier about that than actually playing the game to be honest with you. I also love a bit of Game and Watch for how ridiculously weird his moveset is - flinging sausages off the stage at people is always fun.

I'll probably give Villager a go, but he'll have to be something special to pull me away from the yellow mouse powerhouse.

From what I saw yesterday of the Wii U version, Sonic seemed surprisingly meaty this time around. Hopefully the roster will be really well balanced, but we all know that won't stop everyone picking Fox and Marth online.

He deserves it!

Indeed he does! He's been an over-sized punching-bag for far too long.

Speaking of punching, Little Mac will be the first character I pick if he's in the starting roster.

I'm so hyped for this game after the recent tourny. It looks like they are going to make this into a great fighting game as well as a great party game. The E3 Smash tourny was so huge and I really think that if the competitive potential of this game is at least half that of Melee's, Nintendo will be able to get some serious publicity from the game.

Pikachu has been my boy since the N64 version and I was very pleased to discover he has the red/white cap in the 3DS version. Probably happier about that than actually playing the game to be honest with you. I also love a bit of Game and Watch for how ridiculously weird his moveset is - flinging sausages off the stage at people is always fun.

Still think it's a huge missed opportunity to not have Pikachu with his Mystery Dungeon scarf as an alternate costume...

l_21343758_005.jpg

I mean, come on! They skipped it for Brawl for no good reason and now it looks like they're doing it again :(

What more fitting alt costume is there for Pikachu than that? The series has had ZERO representation in the SSB series, not even stickers in Brawl! Come on! It's time already!

Still think it's a huge missed opportunity to not have Pikachu with his Mystery Dungeon scarf as an alternate costume...

l_21343758_005.jpg

I mean, come on! They skipped it for Brawl for no good reason and now it looks like they're doing it again :(

What more fitting alt costume is there for Pikachu than that? The series has had ZERO representation in the SSB series, not even stickers in Brawl! Come on! It's time already!

Now you mention it, that is proper weird. The Mystery Dungeon games sell pretty well too, don't they?

Oh man, if Mystery Dungeon gets gipped again, I'll be very disappointed.

If not a stage, then at least some of the bloody music!

3 perfectly great soundtracks to choose from this time! There is NO excuse!

Now you mention it, that is proper weird. The Mystery Dungeon games sell pretty well too, don't they?

Safe to say as far as the Pokemon Spin-off's go, Mystery Dungeon is easily one of the highest sellers.

I have had a very busy few days(and continuing) with a wedding so I haven't been in here, apologies if this is already answered but - who went to hyper japan and played this and what were your thoughts/impressions?? Need to hear opinions!!

Oh man, if Mystery Dungeon gets gipped again, I'll be very disappointed.

If not a stage, then at least some of the bloody music!

3 perfectly great soundtracks to choose from this time! There is NO excuse!

Safe to say as far as the Pokemon Spin-off's go, Mystery Dungeon is easily one of the highest sellers.

It is THE highest seller, by quite a bit... (not sure about TCG GBC though, that could've topped it but I have no idea how much it sold...)

Bollocks to Mystery Dungeon, we need a Pokémon Ranger game! :yay:

A Wii U one!

hVT4xaN.jpg

Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Well that explains the timing of the announcement of Murasame Castle's US 3DS VC release!

daily-en_20140729_zqo3j.jpg

Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, here's a Paper Mario stage! It's made of paper, so strong winds will blow it away.

Edited by -Dem0-

A Paper Mario SS stage!? Well it's about damn time the series got some representation outside of the stickers/trophies!

I for one, am pleased! Very pleased :D

(speaking of which, if the stickers return, I think it's safe to say that I know what game would be getting a lot of representation through those...)

Edited by Dcubed

Part 2

zlCfzSOqcm4ENc3A8R

Since the stage is paper, it transforms when it folds over and opens up again. This ship is the S.S. Flavion from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

Oh man...that brings back some amazing memories of that wonderful game :)

It really is about time we got a Paper Mario stage! Amazed there wasn't one in Brawl.

I do hope there's Original Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario versions here. That'd be sweet!