NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I saw that earlier :( Probably the best Webcomic around. The author seems to go on occasional pauses due to being involved in several projects, so this makes sense. Sad to see it go, but at least he'll keep doing stuff.

It's supposed to be ending at some point later this year. Maybe it can reach Comic#600, at least.

Played the 3DS version today. Looks nice and plays real smooth, but the controls are insanely foreign to someone used to playing with the GameCube pad.

Very confusing, repeatedly pressed the wrong buttons and such. I also missed flicking the C-stick for the quick smash attacks immensely.

Can Nintendo (or a third party) just release a Smash shell for the 3DS with GameCube layout buttons on the right of the system alongside a second stick for those tasty quick smashes?

Such a shame that the Wii U version of this wont be out in time for Extra Life. Would have been a good tournament game to play.

In exactly 7 weeks, I'll likely have downloaded Super Smash Bros for 3DS and will be playing it til my hands are cramped forever.

Let that sink in :) Less than two lunar months to go. Japanese 3DSs ftw!

In exactly 7 weeks, I'll likely have downloaded Super Smash Bros for 3DS and will be playing it til my hands are cramped forever.

Let that sink in :) Less than two lunar months to go. Japanese 3DSs ftw!

The Smashboards mods get the game in 6 weeks so hopefully we'll have lots of details by then too :)

The Smashboards mods get the game in 6 weeks so hopefully we'll have lots of details by then too :)

So, I'm not even gonna get a chance to play it before all the secrets are ruined. So just like Brawl then?

Are you sure they didn't miscount the weeks to Japanese launch? Because them getting it would be unprecedented (I can't get a Pokémon game early) and them being able to leak things before Japanese launch would be horrific.

SDCC 3DS Live stream:

There was some horrific lag on it. People who were participating have said it was smooth on their end, though. It's weird.

It reminded me of Brawl online lag. Let's hope it's due to wireless interference, the capture device and so forth and isn't representative of the game.

It's going to be an extremely painful wait for Smash Bros. once Japan/reviewers get it early.

Edited by -Dem0-

So, I'm not even gonna get a chance to play it before all the secrets are ruined. So just like Brawl then?

It's the same for any game that is given out before the release date. Famitsu are already revealing most of the contents this week and the daily updates have revealed most of the surprises. The Melee-esque days are gone; Nintendo are revealing as many secret as possible to get people interested in the game. The same thing happened to Mario Kart 8.

Also, Brawl still had secrets left at launch, albeit only a few. It will be the same for this game.

Are you sure they didn't miscount the weeks to Japanese launch? Because them getting it would be unprecedented (I can't get a Pokémon game early) and them being able to leak things before Japanese launch would be horrific.

Yeah they are getting the game before the Japanese launch. Makes sense when you think about it. Even reviewers are scheduled to get it 3 weeks before launch.

There was some horrific lag on it. People who were participating have said it was smooth on their end, though. It's weird.

It reminded me of Brawl online lag. Let's hope it's due to wireless interference, the capture device and so forth and isn't representative of the game.

Some people there have said the game was very laggy. I've seen a few tweets where people have said that the performance varies on the levels, with fights on certain levels leading to a big frame rate drop.

Also these players are terrible. smh.

Will you be picking up the English release as well?

Will you be picking up the English release as well?

Yep.

I cover Smash Bros for my site for the Pokémon aspects mostly, but cover everything else anyway, so it's like Pokémon games. Once for the site, the rest for fun

====

They addressed the lag. Blaming it on the video cable. Interesting.

Dat graphically glitchy Wii U version at Hyper Japan :P

Shit was crazy fun though, I won my first match!

WHERE. THE. FUCK. IS. NESS.

They should have tied in his announcement with the anniversary of Earthbound being on the Wii U VC.

Ok. I wont be asking again.

But...

7af19d996b291e2fd78f8debb833c302cf8a341fc8274ef674a9c7a15cd5311f.jpg

He's HM01...

:p

Ok. I wont be asking again.

But...

7af19d996b291e2fd78f8debb833c302cf8a341fc8274ef674a9c7a15cd5311f.jpg

There is no need to panic over Ness. His spot is as guaranteed as Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and Luigi. No way are they ever getting rid of the Smash perfect attendance crew.

Also, Brawl still had secrets left at launch, albeit only a few. It will be the same for this game.

I wouldn't call every secret character apart from Sonic and Snake a "few".

And I'm sure you don't mean the European release date.

Oh, the insufferable waiting for that! At least this one won't be as bad.

lol at Nintendo cutting off the stream cause the game keeps lagging.

Nope. :blank:

Turns out my Wii U doesn't get any sound from the stream, but every thing else does. Bizarre.