NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I hope everyone gets a baby form and a metallic form as well :laughing:

chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

Don't joke about stuff like that, man!

zlCfzSGFj88f9br6f0

Pic of the day. Some of the physical characteristics of Miis get carried over when you use them as Mii Fighters. The smaller ones become speed fighters and the bigger ones are more akin to power fighters.

Yay! I was hoping that they'd do that :yay:

Now here's hoping that the Mii voices are just as retarded and hilarious as in MK Wii/8 and MG World Tour! :D

Japan getting first hands on with Super Smash Bros. 3DS at Generation World Hobby Fair ’14

YWJ6JXH.png

In addition to today’s daily screenshot, Sakurai also announced that Japan will be getting their first hands-on with the latest generation of Smash games at this year’s Generation World Hobby Fair. It’s unknown whether this will be the same build as E3 or whether or not they will have something new in-store.

http://nintendoeverything.com/japan-getting-first-hands-on-with-super-smash-bros-3ds-at-generation-world-hobby-fair-14/

Edited by Wii

NEW SMASH BROS CHARACTER TO BE REVEALED TOMORROW?

smash_bros_world_hobby_fair.jpg

A flyer from this year’s World Hobby Fair suggests that there is another playable character in Smash Bros Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The World Hobby Fair, which is taking place in Japan, ends tomorrow, so there’s a distinct possibility that the mysterious character will be revealed then. Most people seem to be speculating that it’s either Shulk or Chrom for the reveal. Hopefully we will find out soon.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/28/new-smash-bros-character-to-be-revealed-tomorrow/

Edited by Wii

Nonsense flyer really. A new character wouldn't be hinted at through a flyer or anything else of the sort. All Smash Bros. news comes from one source, Mr. Sakurai.

This is LEGENDARY! Check it out!:

Edited by -Dem0-

zlCfzSG6-ksscCQ9bv

Pic of the day. Here's a Poppant, an enemy that appeared in the previous game in this series. Poppants will appear in Smash Run, scampering around as they drop a variety of items.

zlCfzSG6-3cirgLT6v

There are other bonus characters that appear in this game, too. Here's an Iridescent Glint Beetle from the Pikmin series. Keep hitting it!! Keep hitting it for gold!!

So is anyone looking forward to the 3DS version of this game? As much as I like the look of the change in art style I can't see the 3DS version being the go to for me once the Wii U one hits. It almost seems as though it's a stop gap to keep us entertained until the Wii U version arrives.

Also, as an original 3DS user, that small screen is gonna make for some difficult viewing right? When the stages move out? Or is it that the stages in that version are on a smaller scale to prevent that?

I'm looking forward to both versions but can't see me bothering with the 3DS once the Wii U version comes along.

Just me?

Also. WHERE THE FUCK IS NESS.

Also. WHERE THE FUCK IS NESS.

Ness and Captain Falcon will be revealed along with a new iteration of their own respective series.

Be a Leaf!

Ness and Captain Falcon will be revealed along with a new iteration of their own respective series.

Be a Leaf!

I want to be a leaf Fused. I really do!!

Until then I shall continue to weep daily. :cry:

Gametrailers complained about the 3DS version being difficult to see and keep track of your character especially if someone picks the same character or two characters of similar colour, and I imagine that was on an XL too at E3. I didn't even consider the additional problem of the original 3DS screen!!

This is LEGENDARY! Check it out!:

Oh my daze! This is hilarious!

Now I'm going to be disappointed when this isn't an unlockable CD for Final Destination!

The screen size isn't an issue for me, I'm more worried about breaking my circle pad...

Still getting both, I can't not have Smash Bros as soon as it's out! I need to main Greninja as soon as humanely possible.

I can't see myself being too fussed about the 3DS version at all.

zlCfzSHLXBQhmMZN0q

Pic of the day. The pink sweatshirt looks really cool on Little Mac, so you can use that outfit in this game… How can a pink sweatshirt look so cool?

Looks like some of you noticed that this version of Little Mac wasn't shown at E3. There are many things, like Link's Skyward Sword tunic design I posted earlier, that haven't been revealed yet.

Edited by Serebii

Actually relieved to see today's pic of the day.

Last night, I had the worst dream ever.

Saw Pit slowly close his eyes, turn around and fly back into the dark room he came from (before the Uprising reveal) while a message was shown at the bottom of the screen reading:

"Sorry, we're going to keep you waiting a little bit longer. Smash Bros. will now be released in Summer 2016."

Actually relieved to see today's pic of the day.

Last night, I had the worst dream ever.

Saw Pit slowly close his eyes, turn around and fly back into the dark room he came from (before the Uprising reveal) while a message was shown at the bottom of the screen reading:

"Sorry, we're going to keep you waiting a little bit longer. Smash Bros. will now be released in Summer 2016."

Don't worry, there's no way in hell Nintendo are going to let Smash get delayed. At absolute worst, they'll day 1 patch it.

SSB Wii U will in no way shape or form make it for 2014. Not a chance.

The fact that the 3DS version has been pushed back to October 4th from its original "Summer" release date is evidence enough. There isn't enough of a gap from October to December for them to get the Wii U version finished in time.

It'll be March-April 2015, mark my words.

SSB Wii U will in no way shape or form make it for 2014. Not a chance.

The fact that the 3DS version has been pushed back to October 4th from its original "Summer" release date is evidence enough. There isn't enough of a gap from October to December for them to get the Wii U version finished in time.

I'll take that bet. It'll be December at the absolute latest, but they will get it out for Black Friday in North America.

For one, 3DS is out in September in Japan. Second, the engine exists alrerady, the characters will exist etc. There wouldn't be much left to do.

Amiibo is a big part of Nintendo's plans for this autumn...without Smash Bros, it'll be useless. It'll not be delayed. If it does, Nintendo are making a catastrophic error.

Edited by Serebii

I'll take that bet.
Oooh... Interesting. :hehe:

Dcubed has a great track record with these kind of predictions though, so I must say I'm now kind of worried about Smash for Wii U. :hmm:

Amiibo is a big part of Nintendo's plans for this autumn...without Smash Bros, it'll be useless. It'll not be delayed. If it does, Nintendo are making a catastrophic error.
It's still going to be useable with MK8 and Captain Toad, so it won't be useless. But even so, they definitely don't want to be delaying Smash. :shakehead

Reading through Smashboards recently I noticed that many said that the game clearly felt incomplete and had a lot of glitches/bugs in it. I could see it being delayed but they released Brawl as a completely unbalanced game and cut things out to save time (unique break the targets) so I can see them definitely releasing this, with maybe a patch coming later on.

The most interesting/frustrating thing I read is that the game lacks momentum, which was my favourite thing about Melee (and any 2D game since Super Mario World) and it's the reason I didn't enjoy Brawl.

It won't be delayed. Mark my words.

I wish I could be as positive as you about this, but I really don't see Smash WiiU coming out this year. I'm with DCubed on this.

(Although, that said, I would happily be proven wrong.)

The most interesting/frustrating thing I read is that the game lacks momentum, which was my favourite thing about Melee (and any 2D game since Super Mario World) and it's the reason I didn't enjoy Brawl.

Hmm would you mind elaborating on this please? As to me it could mean one of two things...

* Lack of Momentum in unlocking things, game progression etc

* Lack of Momentum in the actual characters or physics themselves

I know which of those I'd rather it be out of those two options if it turns out to be true but I was just interested in getting some clarification on the possible issue, thanks. :)

I'm just really looking forward to the game - well both really - and I don't want anything game-breaking to artificially 'ruin' them, I'd rather wait until 2015 for the Wii U version if more balancing is required.