NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Aside from the screensize, their complaint is that the controls aren't Gamecube controls? What?

Same complaint I have every game.

Really hoping I can get to grips (hawhaw) with the 3DS controls. The GameCube controller is something I consider essential for Smash Bros, so this should be an interesting experience.

At the moment I'm pretty set on importing a 3DS from Japan and eShopping this in September. Might even be able to get a bunderu if one is announced.

Imported all the other Smash games, why stop now?

Edited by Guy
I will always edit my posts.

The best controls for the 3DS version will most likely come from the CPP. I still need to buy that (XL).

The best controls for the 3DS version will most likely come from the CPP. I still need to buy that (XL).

They totally need to release a Gamecube variant of it.

Does the 3DS version support the CCP? Being able to use that second slidepad for Smash Attacks would make me and my Pikachu extremely happy.

My hands would also appreciate the comfort.

Nintendo should've included an option for wireless connection with the GameCube controller adapter, so that it could also be used with the 3DS.

3DS XL + Kid Icarus stand + GCN controls would have been a pretty sweet setup for 3DS Smash.

As awkward as that setup sounds for a portable system, my slavery to the GameCube controller pretty much guarantees I'd use it.

Aside from the screensize, their complaint is that the controls aren't Gamecube controls? What?

No, it's that aside from the size if the characters being terrible and this hard to distinguish your own character at times if they are the same or a similar colour to another, the controls are bad and take getting used to.

Classic Controller master race here, I've already adjusted to using a normal controller for Smash Bros so playing on 3DS won't be a problem for me :D

I saw a Gamexplain video of them playing the 3DS version and it actually looks really nice on a big screen. I wish Nintendo would let us play 3DS games on Wii U with an adapter or something like we could do with GBA and Gamecube.

zlCfzSDcqaAKkFdD6b

Pic of the day. Here are some weapons the Mii Swordfighter can use: Shurikens of Light, Chakrams, and Gale Strikes. You can control the direction the Chakram is thrown, or even make it stall in midair. The Chakram is also the only one of these tied to the side special move, so you can use one of the other items consecutively with this one.

Edited by Serebii

zlCfzSDrttg1hcxJZj

Pic of the day. Here's Dr. Eggman's machine, Eggrobo. It'll appear as a guest character in Smash Run and attack you with laser beams.

Edited by Serebii

I feel its a bout they stopped these updates - we already have so much info, to explain every detail is just pointless.

Use that energy on a massive marketing campaign etc.

I feel its a bout they stopped these updates - we already have so much info, to explain every detail is just pointless.

Agreed. The remaining updates should just be this gif. Every day.

iOtbVuPB7Dk5s.gif

;)

zlCfzSD6ObMh9Lou-5

Pic of the day. Here's a new mini-game that's quite a bit different from Coin Launcher in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It's called Trophy Rush! The details…will be kept secret for now.

Use that energy on a massive marketing campaign etc.

I thought the website was one massive marketing campaign?

BTW, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's a page detailing the customisation aspects on the official website.

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry2.html

However, Mii Fighters and Palutena don't have spin-off variations, but rather completely unique types of attacks.

Seems that Palutena has completely different moves to choose from instead of move variations. Quite clever considering she fights with Uprising Item Powers.

Edited by Glen-i

Too little self promotion, too much self promotion... It appears that whatever Nintendo do, they will get criticised.

zlCfzSEIZVE2V0mAgs

Pic of the day. Pac-Man's standard special move, Bonus Fruit. As you charge this move, the bonuses will change, and all of them have different characteristics and movement patterns when thrown. The bonuses cycle in the same order as in the original game, and the charge-up period doubles once you cycle beyond the orange.

Too little self promotion, too much self promotion... It appears that whatever Nintendo do, they will get criticised.

Im not one to complain as much as others, but we have had massive information about core details of the game for a long time now, and the Smash showing at E3 pretty much showed it all, or most.

This form of promotion is more the Nintendo faithful who will check a website everyday for info. But this game being one to bring in new Wii U owners, its probably best now to focus on marketing campaigns for them.

I wanna see billboards in tube stations, adverts in casual magazines, newspapers etc. Quietly tweak the game for now, and start bringing these out for Sept.

Im not one to complain as much as others, but we have had massive information about core details of the game for a long time now, and the Smash showing at E3 pretty much showed it all, or most.

This form of promotion is more the Nintendo faithful who will check a website everyday for info. But this game being one to bring in new Wii U owners, its probably best now to focus on marketing campaigns for them.

I wanna see billboards in tube stations, adverts in casual magazines, newspapers etc. Quietly tweak the game for now, and start bringing these out for Sept.

Like you implied, doing that 4 months before the game is out is a waste of money. Look at Mario Kart 8. The marketing push didn't start until a few weeks before launch.

As such, what they're doing is fine now. Keep it in the mind of the core for now, and bring it to the mass populace when the time comes.

You know, at this rate, Captain Falcon will be the 'revived character of an old franchise' so to speak...

Mate, I thought the Dojo was one of the best things they did! I'm happy for it in SSB4 too, though being a little lesser in detail I haven't been as fussed. Have to say the daily picture format is kinda nice though, keeps Smash on my horizon and always in mind.

Been watching a few gameplay vids today and I think I might be playing as Little Mac this time around... depends if Falco is included which is looking doubtful.

zlCfzSEWigYfd1BJ72

Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling.

We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization.

zlCfzSEWigYfd1BJ72

Pic of the day. Here's Donkey Kong's third standard special attack, Storm Punch!! Thanks to the customization options, each fighter is stocked with 12 different special moves. The number of attacks is pretty appalling.

We've made it so that customization options, including special attacks, will be disabled when you're playing online in With Anyone mode. After all, we have to think about game balance, and it's crucial for anonymous players to be able to use reliable tactics against one another. When you're playing in single player, battling with friends online, or playing locally, you're free to play however you want--with or without customization.

Oh, now I didn't know that. 12 customisable moves? I thought it was just the Mii character with multiple move sets.

^I must admit, this game seems to have a tremendous amount of detail/stuff in it. I just don't know where they find the time. I guess that's what you get with a big dedicated team who've worked on the previous games, who all know exactly what they're doing, rather than just some random bunch of people thrown together by the company and told to get on with it. I only hope the next proper Mario/Zelda/Starfox/Metroid are getting this kind of love. Sadly I doubt it, though.

Oh, now I didn't know that. 12 customisable moves? I thought it was just the Mii character with multiple move sets.

^I must admit, this game seems to have a tremendous amount of detail/stuff in it. I just don't know where they find the time. I guess that's what you get with a big dedicated team who've worked on the previous games, who all know exactly what they're doing, rather than just some random bunch of people thrown together by the company and told to get on with it. I only hope the next proper Mario/Zelda/Starfox/Metroid are getting this kind of love. Sadly I doubt it, though.

Miis and Palutena have completely different moves that you can select. The other characters just have variations on their special moves.

Sakurai always crams in a ton of content into his games, I dunno how he does it! He makes every other Nintendo game seem bare bones in comparison.