NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Pac-Man confirmed as a playable character.

Game & Watch confirmed as a playable character.

Just as I was about to go to sleep I go to check Twitter one last time and BAM!

Are these just announcements or are there videos to go with them?!

"Introducing customized fighters! Adjust the fighting style of the characters and use them in “With Friends” mode to duke it out"

"You can customize a Mii Fighter, from the special attacks, to clothing, hat and faces"

"Mii Fighters and Palutena are different from other characters and have new and unique special attacks!"

"You can level-up your figure player each time you use it to fight. It can go as high as level 50!"

"The figure player actually changes their approach to battle based on its opponent’s fighting tactics"

"You can also collect items in Smash Run on 3DS that can be equipped by your character. Each character can equip up to 3 items."

That's it. Q & A now.

Those were the main points. Too tired to go hunting for the smaller details.

Good night folks.

Edited by -Dem0-

How was that a World Invitational when 14 of the 16 players were from the U.S.? Other than that and cringy commentating it was very enjoyable.

Edit: And a tonne of them just happened to be from California. Where was my invite? How were they chosen?

Edited by Wii

How was that a World Invitational when 14 of the 16 players were from the U.S.? Other than that and cringy commentating it was very enjoyable.

I have not seen the world "World" used?

Happy Game and Watch is in. Love his ridiculous attacks and animation style.

Definitely a viable alt. character if I'm not feeling Pikachu.

I just love how they're using the Pac-man VS artwork style rather than the modern one with the teeth.

Since they obviously couldn't go with the pure Pac-man from the arcade game, it fits. Besides, Miyamoto created a Pac-man game.

What is this even teasing? It's circulating, and I can't even determine if it's real or not.

One Final Smash

The site is owned by scorpion203[at]hotmail.com.

Game & Watch and Pac-Man are good choices.

screen-2.jpg
Incredible. :bowdown:

Mind-blowing stuff for those of us that were gaming back in the eighties. :)

Ahh, finally the 3rd party character we all expected to see from the get-go when we all heard that Namco were involved :p

Still... What the hell!? Why not announce it at the Invitational!? Just imagine the crowd's reaction!

Anyway, I love how they've combined the in-game Pacman and the artwork Pacman together into one character moveset, it's brilliant!

My only real gripe is the fact that his final smash seems to be using the high-res Battle Royale version of his sprite and not the original 8bit one (or even the Championship Edition version). Bit lame...

screen-5.jpg

... this is brilliant though :laughing:

Edit: And a tonne of them just happened to be from California. Where was my invite? How were they chosen?

Most of them are the best players in the world, or certainly top 16 for either Melee or Brawl. The only European player that comes close is Armada from Sweden but he couldn't make it (because like, he's from Sweden).

And SoCal is a huge hub for Smash! Most of the best players come from there. Haven't you watched the documentary yet? :)

With 36 different combinations of total specials available for Mii Fighter, they're a bit concerned about balance.

Also, Mii Fighter's going to really difficult to ever fight because you can't learn your opponents moves like every other fighter, as you don't know which ones they've chosen.

Edited by Retro_Link

What a reveal video!! All of them have been so so so stunning!! I hope they're all on the game. Sakurai really is an utterly incredible developer. I'm really happy with this, just to have all those huge retro mascots in the game.

I'm surprised no ones been posting hands on from the show floor, is it being well received? How did the game look in the invitational? After the digital event yesterday I missed everything so just catching up now!

Love that mr game and watch is back :)

The smash bros tourney was good even if the fan favourite tourney dragged on a little. I think I could hold my own against any of the players there these were meant to be the best in the world ?

In the US:

The special Smash branded GameCube controller will be $29.99

The adapter will be $19.99

A special bundle containing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the adapter and the controller will be released for $99.99

The smash bros tourney was good even if the fan favourite tourney dragged on a little. I think I could hold my own against any of the players there these were meant to be the best in the world ?

I did get the feeling that 4 player free-for-alls were out of the players comfort zone. Some of them looked so confused and bewildered.

Pretty sure I could take half of them in a free-for all item match. 1-on-1 though with no items... (I'm a For Fun guy, definitely)

In the US:

The special Smash branded GameCube controller will be $29.99

The adapter will be $19.99

A special bundle containing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the adapter and the controller will be released for $99.99

So, the bundle is more expensive then buying them seperately? (I'm assuming that the game is $60)

Um... Woops?

I did get the feeling that 4 player free-for-alls were out of the players comfort zone. Some of them looked so confused and bewildered.

Pretty sure I could take half of them in a free-for all item match. 1-on-1 though with no items... (I'm a For Fun guy, definitely)

So, the bundle is more expensive then buying them seperately? (I'm assuming that the game is $60)

Um... Woops?

$59.99+$29.99+$19.99 = $109.97 :p