NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

But Professor Layton is still a 3rd party franchise. Nintendo just publishes it in NA/EU.

But Professor Layton is still a 3rd party franchise. Nintendo just publishes it in NA/EU.

I know, I know, but NINTENDO is pretty cozy with Level-5 aren't they?

Guild 01/02

Professor Layton series

Youkai Watch (immensly popular at the moment)

Inazuma Eleven

Ni no Kuni DS

Wonder Flick (upcoming)

They seem to have a pretty good relationship with eachother and I hope Level-5 is one of the companies NINTENDO will outsource one of their IPs to.

If Layton isn't playable, I will settle for an epic stage inspired by his games on the 3DS.

And for GOD's SAKE think of the tea jokes that can be made between him and Peach.

iYLdDUPIWvx3p.gif

Getting the hang of creating GIFs now.

Edited by Fused King

I would be up for a Layton assist trophy.

He appears and makes everyone solve a puzzle. You fail, you die!

(That's a terrible idea, I know)

Stage is probably the best hope that series has.

Pic Of The Day

zlCfzSCAqdshr4lO0K

Pic of the day. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game where you collect tons of coins. Thus, it's only natural that many coins will appear in this stage… Wait, is this really Super Smash Bros??

zlCfzSCAqmkgmhTI5t

If you collect 100 coins, you transform into a gold fighter! For a short period of time, your attack power will increase and you won't flinch when you receive attacks. This unique stage's name is Golden Plains and it's exclusive to the 3DS version.

Edited by Wii

Pic Of The Day

zlCfzSCAqdshr4lO0K

Pic of the day. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game where you collect tons of coins. Thus, it's only natural that many coins will appear in this stage… Wait, is this really Super Smash Bros??

zlCfzSCAqmkgmhTI5t

If you collect 100 coins, you transform into a gold fighter! For a short period of time, your attack power will increase and you won't flinch when you receive attacks. This unique stage's name is Golden Plains and it's exclusive to the 3DS version.

Yesssssssss! I love it. Something awesome about being gold. Except that pink gold peach lady, I don't quite approve of that.

Every time I see a screenshot I marvel at how they get this running on a 3DS AND running in 60 fps. That's game programming at it's finest for sure?

I also love how the 3DS version seems to be filled with small quirky surprises like this!

May I ask when the Smash Tourny is taking place? UK time of course..can't seem to find it!

That's a really clever use of the fact that the 3DS version gives you your own private screen :)

It's just a shame that...

this means that...

mk8slide7.png

WE'RE GONNA GET THIS BLOODY THING AGAIN!!! :mad:

IT'S TONIGHT?! OH MY LORD YES YES YES :D

I grossly miscalculated and thought it was actually at midnight tomorrow, not tonight.

Alas, I probs can't watch it all until Friday, so I've decided to make another thread for it and spoilers etc can go in there, so that people in a similar boat might avoid them here.

Please have all Invitational discussion/spoilers in the other thread.

screen-3.jpg

So... I take it this is a Kid Icarus character as an Assist Trophy?

It could be the diorama mode which allows you to pose trophies together in stages and take photos of them, I remember Sakurai saying on Miiverse before that Phosphora was a regular trophy.

Is there an irony in the fact most of them look a little angry yet Kirby for once doesn't? :p

Some off-screen gameplay.

Edited by -Dem0-

Yesssssssss! I love it. Something awesome about being gold. Except that pink gold peach lady, I don't quite approve of that.

That's a really clever use of the fact that the 3DS version gives you your own private screen :)

It's just a shame that...

this means that...

mk8slide7.png

WE'RE GONNA GET THIS BLOODY THING AGAIN!!! :mad:

Ok. You and you?

Get the fuck out. :heh:

Ok. You and you?

Get the fuck out. :heh:

Clearly only one way to deal with this.

Smaaaaaaaaaaash offffffffff!

(i want smash so much :()

I want some more animated Kid Icarus episodes so much...

Tbh I was more excited about that than I was the Palutena reveal! I've not played Uprising though, so maybe that's why. Enjoyed their little clay skits scattered inbetween bits of the presser too.

Some off-screen gameplay.

*all the vids*

These are all fantastic. Really getting me looking forward to getting back into Smashing. Enjoying in particular the sightings of little mac, and most of all that quick end of match sudden death dropout/decision. Too often I've lost a match reaching for a drink in the Brawl delay.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

And for GOD's SAKE think of the tea jokes that can be made between him and Peach.

screen-10.jpg

"My apologies, Layton, but I already have a tea partner... I do hope we can remain friends"

Smash Run.

3DS Box.

gC8ddJb.jpg

Some Smash Bros. news (from Sakurai) coming up in just under 30 minutes.

Edited by -Dem0-