NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

So it's not that controller but a Gamecube one instead? Awesome, although I may try my hand at the Wii U pro controller as the jump and b button are closer together.

That... doesn't really look like the Gamecube controller.

And in light of there being two buttons called "L" and "R", does it even have shoulder buttons?

That... doesn't really look like the Gamecube controller.

And in light of there being two buttons called "L" and "R", does it even have shoulder buttons?

That's the controller they made for the Wii, not the controller they are making for this game :)

Bleh, that seems like a horrible solution. They should have made a gamecube inspired Wii U pro controller so you can use it for all WiiU games, not another wiimote accesory that is only compatible with a limited amount of titles. To be honest the adapter that connects an actual gamecube pad to a wiimote seems way more interesting.

zlCfzR9C_sYQd26mrL

Pic of the day. In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation.

Edited by Serebii

I'll buy the GameCube Wii U pad if it's half decent. Can't actually stand the thought of playing Smash without the GameCube controller layout.

What happens if you have the outlines turned off though? I wonder...

What happens if you have the outlines turned off though? I wonder...

The team-related outlines will still be there, most likely. They probably exist in the Wii U version, too.

I feel like they're missing a trick having the Gamecube style pad plug into Wii remotes and not being fully wireless like a Pro Controller

I feel like they're missing a trick having the Gamecube style pad plug into Wii remotes and not being fully wireless like a Pro Controller

It doesn't bother me, the original GC controller was also wired to my Wii, had zero issues with it. By connecting it to a Wiimote it even makes it semi-wireless ;)

Can't help but agree, but tbh this sounds like some easy/cheap deal Nintendo's struck up with a 3rd party - they profit on pads and Nintendo doesn't lose money investing or putting their name wholly to the product. The cost will be what interesting to me - another reason why it isn't simply fully wireless I imagine.

zlCfzR9PiBEhcvGQjf

Pic of the day. Ike, the swordsman of magnificent strength, joins the battle!! Strike your foes down with his powerful smash attacks.

zlCfzR9PhpkTNzfC0c

For this game, Ike's design is based on the hero that appears in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. His sword deals heavy damage in Smash Bros., so this design suits him very well! Rest assured, he can use Aether as well.

screen-1.jpgscreen-2.jpgscreen-3.jpgscreen-4.jpgscreen-5.jpgscreen-6.jpgscreen-7.jpgscreen-8.jpgscreen-9.jpgscreen-10.jpg

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Ike's looking beastly as hell.

One of the coolest screenshots we've seen so far. Add in Chrom and that's a wrap!

screen-5.jpg

So, let's update the list:

I’m sure we’ll see:

Captain Falcon

Wario

Ice Climbers

Ness

Mr. Game & Watch

Jigglypuff

I have my doubts about:

Falco

Ganondorf

Lucas

Meta Knight

Ike

Mewtwo

R.O.B.

Snake

Wolf

Pokémon Trainer

Alternate costumes:

Sheik

Zero Suit Samus

:awesome:

Almost sure won’t return:

Dr. Mario

Pichu

Roy

Can’t imagine will return:

Young Link

I’m sure we’ll see:

Captain Falcon

Wario

Ice Climbers

Ness

Mr. Game & Watch

Jigglypuff

I have some doubts about:

Falco

Ganondorf

Lucas

Meta Knight

R.O.B.

Wolf

Dr. Mario

Pokémon Trainer

Snake

Mewtwo

Young Link (No, NOT Toon Link :P)

Pichu

Roy

I’m sure we’ll see:

Captain Falcon

Wario

Ice Climbers

Ness

Mr. Game & Watch

Jigglypuff

I have some doubts about:

Falco

Ganondorf

Lucas

Meta Knight

R.O.B.

Wolf

Dr. Mario

Pokémon Trainer

Snake

Mewtwo

Young Link (No, NOT Toon Link :P)

Pichu

Roy

Falco and Ganondorf will almost certainly be in.

Don't forget, Sakurai said he doesn't really want to cut any characters.

Ah, right, Falco and Ganondorf...

I have my doubts about those two, mostly because their "cloney" nature.

They really deserve a more different move set...

YES! Radiant Dawn Ike! :yay:

Hell yeah, loved using him in Brawl, and this design suits that fighting style so much better.

I wonder if his Vanguard promotion will appear as an alternate costume.

Ike-Vanguard-Basic.png

It took me a while to realise that this was a character announcement. I was wondering why there were so many screenshots.

No Chrom!? I am legit shocked :o

No way will they keep Ike and add Chrom too, they wouldn't pull a Starfox and have 3 similar FE sword wielders (Smash is already very sword user heavy as it is)... They've broken the Fire Emblem protagonist rule!

Awesome that they're basing his look on Radiant Dawn this time instead of Path of Radiance :D But... I'd be lying if I wasn't disappointed to see that we're probably not gonna get a new Fire Emblem character this time around :( Ike might have been one of my favourite characters in Brawl, but I'm still disappointed to see no new FE representation this time around...

Edited by Dcubed

Swordsman yes, but that's where the similarities end, so too with the Star Fox clan.

I still expect to see Chrom. Fire Emblem deserves the three slots IMO and besides, Chrom could be sporting his Great Lord attire and wield a lance instead which would sweeten the deal even more.

No Chrom!? I am legit shocked :o

No way will they keep Ike and add Chrom too, they wouldn't pull a Starfox and have 3 similar FE sword wielders (Smash is already very sword user heavy as it is)... They've broken the Fire Emblem protagonist rule!

Awesome that they're basing his look on Radiant Dawn this time instead of Path of Radiance :D But... I'd be lying if I wasn't disappointed to see that we're probably not gonna get a new Fire Emblem character this time around :( Ike might have been one of my favourite characters in Brawl, but I'm still disappointed to see no new FE representation this time around...

Ike and Marth fight nothing alike, though. Chrom might still have a different fighting style as well. I would not write him off just yet.

I want Lucina rather than Chrom. Mix it up a bit; can be a more speedy character, with faster, but less hard hitting attacks. Plus another female character for the roster.