NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

zlCfzR8aGT8BdV00Vj

Pic of the day. Under certain circumstances, the creatures on this planet appear to grow larger and go berserk. The Pikmin and I must be cautious lest we lose our heads to these beasts.

Edited by Serebii

Jeeez, is it me or is the game looking better? Look at those gloves... Those teeth..:heart:

Edited by King_V

zlCfzR8oFuMhVdzLbU

Pic of the day. This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 inside….

It's either Ness or Lucas's discarded fetus soul.

Nope, it's Toad, running to another castle...

Mario looks so weird and different in this image. Like he's chibi-fied.

zlCfzR81YJ4BSeIb_W

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

zlCfzR81YY8cYB-YB1

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.

Edited by Serebii

It doesn't matter what other colours of Greninja get unveiled, there's only one colour that we're ever going to want to use...

1382817616158.jpg

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Greninja just looks FIERCE!!!

It doesn't matter what other colours of Greninja get unveiled, there's only one colour that we're ever going to want to use...

1382817616158.jpg

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

With the Protean ability, I've always felt it made sense to give Greninja a colour change when he changes his type - ie be green if grass etc.

zlCfzR81YJ4BSeIb_W

Pic of the day. The leg and arm positions of some characters will automatically be mirrored when facing left or right. Mario, for example, will have his chest shown in the foreground regardless of whether he's facing right or left. This was quite a tedious task, but thanks to it we can show the best features of each character even better.

zlCfzR81YY8cYB-YB1

Here's another example: in the previous games, you saw the back of Kirby's head when facing left. Now Kirby looks great from any angle.

Good god Dash Dancing is going to look absolutely HILARIOUS now. In melee it looked slick as hell but I've got some brilliant images popping up in my head atm.

Various characters have been confirmed to not have this mirroring, though: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Little Mac, Link and Toon Link so far because they obviously have focuses on one side such as through sword, cannons etc.

Various characters have been confirmed to not have this mirroring, though: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Little Mac, Link and Toon Link so far because they obviously have focuses on one side such as through sword, cannons etc.
Word.

u64XEGm.gif

:laughing:

Hmm. I kinda like the asymmetrical nature of the characters depending what direction they were facing. Not a big deal, but I never would have said it was an issue before either.

With the Protean ability, I've always felt it made sense to give Greninja a colour change when he changes his type - ie be green if grass etc.

Kecleon doesn't even do that, despite having both Protean and Colour Change. (Oh, and being a bloody Chameleon)

I don't expect Game Freak to start bothering with that now.

I was gonna say it'd be cool, but then I realised it could be harder for opponents to remember what type it is, therefore, giving you a slight advantage. (Yeah, it's a long shot, I know) So maybe it's better that it stays the same colour. After all, I have a shiny Greninja and I don't want it to change colour. Ever.

Hmm. I kinda like the asymmetrical nature of the characters depending what direction they were facing. Not a big deal, but I never would have said it was an issue before either.

I especially like it with Kirby this time around. It makes his SSB representation look closer to the actual Kirby games :)

BPfzc.jpg

That's very true for Kirby actually - on which note is that a regular from the Wii game or an upscaled shot from Dolphin or something?! I swear it never looked quite that pretty on my TV!

Yeah it's a bit weird, suddenly most of the roster is ambidextrous...

Yeah it's a bit weird, suddenly most of the roster is ambidextrous...

I think we can chalk it up to creative license.

After all, Charizard seems to be able to swim perfectly fine, when what it should really do is have a heart attack instantly.

(Actually, didn't the Pokemon Origins anime make that same mistake?)

That's very true for Kirby actually - on which note is that a regular from the Wii game or an upscaled shot from Dolphin or something?! I swear it never looked quite that pretty on my TV!

It is indeed a Dolphin shot (I was just looking for a good idle shot online of Kirby from that game... Ah well, maybe when we finally get Wii games on the VC...)

I think we can chalk it up to creative license.

After all, Charizard seems to be able to swim perfectly fine, when what it should really do is have a heart attack instantly.

(Actually, didn't the Pokemon Origins anime make that same mistake?)

Yes it did, and it was hilarious (I think you actually watched it with me. I remember us cracking up at that bit - especially when Charizard X battered Mewtwo with ease and Red caught Mewtwo on his first attempt with a crappy Pokeball. No way would that EVER happen in the actual game :laughing: )

Edited by Dcubed

It's probably common in other fighting games too.

ambidextrous-sprite_streetfighter2_6766.png

Yeah, at the beginning, it was a necessity, but it's still used in 3D games as a requirement for stuff like Vega's claw (to keep the vintage animation for his attacks).

I liked the way that Smash Bros. did it before, though. I wonder how it will look in motion...

PDP PARTNERS WITH NINTENDO TO RELEASE GAMECUBE CONTROLLER-INSPIRED PAD FOR WII U IN TIME FOR SMASH BROS.

The leading third-party manufacturer of video game accessories to release a line of Nintendo GameCube inspired controllers for Wii U, aligning with the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Performance Designed Products has*announced that they are partnering with Nintendo to develop the Wired Fight Pad, a new line of Classic Controller inspired by the original Nintendo GameCube Controller.

The Wired Fight Pad is licensed by Nintendo and designed for use with the Wii and Wii U consoles. The Wired Fight Pad plugs directly into the Wii Remote External Extension Connector. Players can use it for Wii and Wii U games that support the Classic Controller, the Classic Controller Pro, as well as some of Nintendo’s Virtual Console games.

The Wired Fight Pad will feature fan-favorite Nintendo characters such as Mario, Yoshi, and Princess Peach with a shape inspired by the original Nintendo GameCube Controller.

The Wired Fight Pad will be available at game launch at your local video game retailer this holiday season for $24.99.

Here’s the controller they created for the Wii:

original.jpg

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/pdp-partners-nintendo-release-gamecube-controller-inspired-pad-wii-u-time-smash-bros/

I PREDICTED THIS!!!!

Edit: D'oh, thought it was official.

Edited by King_V