NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Hmm, some characters may be at a disadvantage when it comes to KO ability. Maybe this stage will feature more hazards to make up for this?

I can imagine smashing someone through the sides so hard they loop around and come back to you from the other side where you combo into an up smash to finish them off :D

Hahahaha! that comment actually made me laugh-out-loud!

I would love to see that!

zlCfzR17H84UFHC38J

Pic of the day. Yoshi's Egg Throw now leaves a rainbow trail, and we've improved the pose Samus strikes when she fires the Paralyzer. Every staff member is working hard as we brush up whatever we can.

Edited by Serebii

Yeah, I bet they´re working really hard on Samus.

Or maybe that´s Sakurai´s special project...

I love how they are clearly trying to make sure that this game is balanced from the get go, unlike Brawl which was such so broken from day 1. Hoping it pays off!

I love how they are clearly trying to make sure that this game is balanced from the get go, unlike Brawl which was such so broken from day 1. Hoping it pays off!

I never found Brawl to be broken. How was it?

-Meta Knight's existence.

-Snakes' broken hitboxes.

-Ike was covered in super armor.

Those were quickly off the top of my head, but Brawl was the least balanced Smash we've had so far.

I never found Brawl to be broken. How was it?

Over half the characters had ridiculously easy to perform chain grabs..Just pick Dedede and down throw someone...he's bloody invincible or levels like Hyrule bridge. I actually won a Nintendo Brawl tourament on launch day, netting myself a 40'' Samsung TV because I picked him in the pools matches and just infinite grabbed everyone off the stage :blank:

MetaKnight was the only Melee-esque character; not only could he combo, unlike every other character, he had like 3 recovery moves.

Snake was clearly not programmed properly because his hit boxes were so big that they actually exceeded that of Marths!

Then there's this gem...

Falco's infinite laser.....

Basically, Melee and this game (along with SB64) were programmed very carefully, with an aim to make them balanced, like most fighters. It's obvious that this game is as well, given the footage and announcements in the trailers. Namco will certainly help with that too. Brawl on the other hand is hands down the most glitched fighting game ever made, to a point where it's almost laughable.

Edit. Good on Demo for mentioning Ike's super armour. It looks like Little Mac has A LOT of it, especially during that beastly side B of his...Let's hope he doesn't end up being the new metaknight ;)

Edited by Goron_3

Dedede's chain grab is just laughable. I remember it was found out in the first-ever demo of Brawl, and it was still there in the final game! I managed to pull it off the first time I tried it, and I still occasionally use it whenever I get him in a walk-away stage.

The Falco infinite is one that happened with me by accident quite a few times.

Sometimes, sloppily balanced fighting games go the way of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (a.k.a. a game that's good almost by accident), but most of the time they end up with frustrating, broken things like the videos Goron posted.

EDIT: Also, what's wrong with Ike's super armour? It's a legit, tried-and-true property for slow characters.

Dedede's chain grab is just laughable. I remember it was found out in the first-ever demo of Brawl, and it was still there in the final game! I managed to pull it off the first time I tried it, and I still occasionally use it whenever I get him in a walk-away stage.

The Falco infinite is one that happened with me by accident quite a few times.

Sometimes, sloppily balanced fighting games go the way of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (a.k.a. a game that's good almost by accident), but most of the time they end up with frustrating, broken things like the videos Goron posted.

EDIT: Also, what's wrong with Ike's super armour? It's a legit, tried-and-true property for slow characters.

I've got no beef with super armour, I just felt it was slightly over-done on Ike's part when I first played the game. I think one of the Smash Wii U trailers showed that Bowser now had quite a bit of it too, so I hope we see him become more of a viable character!

Is that from an official source? First time I'm hearing about most of those guys being in the game.

Come on man....Magikarp for Goldeen anyday!

Is that from an official source? First time I'm hearing about most of those guys being in the game.

Their in the Greninja trailer.

Many of those Pokémon were seen coming out of PokéBalls at the start. While they're not confirmed, they're pretty damned likely.

zlCfzR2KPhQ2AATR2M

Pic of the day.

MegaMan.EXE!

X!

Mega Man!

Mega Man Star Force!

Mega Man Volnutt!

The Mega Man legends, united.

Glorious, simply glorious! : peace:

I'm loving the amount of care and fan-service that is clearly evident in every aspect of this game. :D

Is it Summer yet? :heh:

zlCfzR1WDaglLpyW-j

Pic of the day. Here's a special stage exclusive to the 3DS version, Balloon Fight!! The stage loops on the left and right sides so you can walk off one side and appear on the other.

Is/was this the first mention of a wrapped stage? I swear to god I was either talking or thinking of such a thing last week, but now I'm wondering if it was mentioned anywhere else to get me thinking?

Is/was this the first mention of a wrapped stage? I swear to god I was either talking or thinking of such a thing last week, but now I'm wondering if it was mentioned anywhere else to get me thinking?

Sakurai talked about it in the Direct.

Sakurai talked about it in the Direct.

Ahhh, I knew I couldn't have been that smart! Good to see a stage though, going to be interesting for both KOs and just general things coming in from off screen. I hope there's a wrapped stage on Wii U somewhere too(maybe the classic mario bros level even?)

zlCfzR1WDaglLpyW-j

Pic of the day. Here's a special stage exclusive to the 3DS version, Balloon Fight!! The stage loops on the left and right sides so you can walk off one side and appear on the other.

Better than a Final Destination IMO, no boot off the side crap with annoying edge grab drills - Just straight up KOs... literally.

Better than a Final Destination IMO, no boot off the side crap with annoying edge grab drills - Just straight up KOs... literally.

That fish looks like it might be an added KO'er, so possibly jumping up to eat/grab folks flying sideways.

zlCfzR17H84UFHC38J

Pic of the day. Yoshi's Egg Throw now leaves a rainbow trail, and we've improved the pose Samus strikes when she fires the Paralyzer. Every staff member is working hard as we brush up whatever we can.

Those pose looks really unnatural. It's doable (I just tried!) but it's really not one I can see someone falling naturally into, particularly given those unnecessary heels.