NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Usually with ranked matches against strangers online you face an opponent once then find someone else after you win/lose so Final Destination is the most fair and neutral stage since you don't know who you'll face. And if this game does let you pick who you'll fight and you see a familiar name you can just avoid them if they're too hard... :p

Looks like you can play as the male wii fit trainer from the last image?

Looks like you can play as the male wii fit trainer from the last image?

It was confirmed back in one of the daily photos (as well as this Direct).

Also, damn, Greninja is officially the only Water-based fighter we know about. At least he's pretty cool.

Can anyone make an educated guess whether there will be a single player storyline mode or not? I know of two people with a 3DS and neither interested in Smash Bros.

I am just going to be geting the 3DS Version

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

See you online on WiiU at Christmas. ;)

Can anyone make an educated guess whether there will be a single player storyline mode or not? I know of two people with a 3DS and neither interested in Smash Bros.

Sakurai has said there won't be a subspace emissary mode like in brawl but I think the adventure mode from Melee will return.

This is going to get pushed back to few isn't it :) With them saying winter and not "fall" it's December at the earliest. Really hope Nintendo have a couple of huge surprises at e3 for this year! Just can't see it. And will x2 make it this year? Highly doubtful!

This is going to get pushed back to few isn't it :) With them saying winter and not "fall" it's December at the earliest. Really hope Nintendo have a couple of huge surprises at e3 for this year! Just can't see it. And will x2 make it this year? Highly doubtful!

Na, it'll be November. Have faith :)

===

I'm really interested in how Assist Trophies are going to be incorporated into All-Star Mode.

It was confirmed back in one of the daily photos (as well as this Direct).

Also, damn, Greninja is officially the only Water-based fighter we know about. At least he's pretty cool.

Did direct say it's a different character or skin? Do they both have the same attacks then?

Did direct say it's a different character or skin? Do they both have the same attacks then?

Just skins. Same attacks, strength etc.

Yeah, this is what concerns me. As soon as Winter was touted as the launch window alarm bells started ringing. Lets hope they don't pull a Donkey Kong on us and push it to Jan/Feb time.

Still can't believe they are shipping the 3DS version first. :shakehead

===

I'm really interested in how Assist Trophies are going to be incorporated into All-Star Mode.

Hope so... Wii u needs all the games possible. And smash is the second biggest game of the year for them! Hyrule warriors, yarn yoshi, bayonetta 2.... Not the most exciting of lineups...

Yeah, this is what concerns me. As soon as Winter was touted as the launch window alarm bells started ringing. Lets hope they don't pull a Donkey Kong on us and push it to Jan/Feb time.

You'd hope not... DK was definitely rescheduled for gaps rather than delayed. This looks pretty much done and SURELY Nintendo will have gotten over all the hurdles and such and start a good streams of games so they don't need to... E3 really is do or die, yet another barren year really will be it I feel.

And yeah. Worried 3ds version will satiate everyone's smash desire

And their games are infinitely better for the delay. I'd rather they polished them to perfection than release half arsed ones just to satisfy certain fans' impatience.

I'd rather a company like Nintendo who have been in the business for more than long enough would be competetant enough by now to manage their projects appropriately. Imagine if your job was to deliver and you were constantly late to complete? How long would it be before they're kicking your arse out for someone who can actually do the job? All this polish and perfection bullshit holds no weight - they aren't amateurs and should know what they're doing by now.

Currently my greatest worry. I haven't caught the direct yet though I read the N-E roundup and my first concern was that it might fall back further on Wii U. I wonder if an earlier 3DS release will help or harm Wii U sales as well. Then again, we all know what Nintendo's 'summer' is like so they might even be only days apart :P

(in other news it seems despite my previous repair - my 3DS L button is completely non-functional...so I'll be sending it in for it's 4th? 5th repair?!)

Everything looks so amazing this time around. The 3DS looks too small to pack so much epicness in.

Just watched some of the footge again and man, I love the fact that we have COMBOS again. So sweet. Greninja pulled a couple (down air->back air) and it looked so smooth, just like Project M.

I just can't look at those awesome trailers for new characters knowing that there won't be a Subspace Emissary like experience.

It's so incredibly cruel!

===

Have faith? In Nintendo's release schedule? Really? :p

Have faith? In Nintendo's release schedule? Really? :p

I stand by my statement :p

God, Zero Suit Samus is so fucking sexy!

I'm really intrigued by the fact that one can customize your movesets.

Very interesting.

God, Zero Suit Samus is so fucking sexy!

I'm really intrigued by the fact that one can customize your movesets.

Very interesting.

Nothing beats Dark Samus :p

GtYuKbt.jpg

Nintendo need to release a special edition 3DS bundle for this. The system should have the GameCube ABXY buttons and layout. I would CONSUME that.

Nintendo need to release a special edition 3DS bundle for this. The system should have the GameCube ABXY buttons and layout. I would CONSUME that.

They need to release this.

wiiuclassic2.png