NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I don't quite recall the Hocotate Spaceship as an item. What does it do?

Has Sakurai said what they all do yet? Olimar's ship did explode for his final smash before though, so it exploding does make sense.

zlCfzRsYCeYgFkrGML

Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower.

zlCfzRsYC_cAAno1p8

You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

zlCfzRsYDSY9uwVhQZ

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

I wonder if Olimar will get a new Final Smash since that item pretty much copies his old one? The only difference is you can't predict when the item ship will drop down and blow up.

zlCfzRtfjIEAC72MHf

Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will.

About damn time that Smash Luigi got the Poultergust!

I like how it's the Poltergust 5000 from LM2 as well :)

Would've thought that they'd make it part of his moveset though (like how FLUDD became Mario's down-b).

Wonder how many other Final Smashes are getting changed...

zlCfzRt1n6ERnvLvx9

Pic of the day. This may look like a side-scrolling action game, but it's actually one of the stages.

If the spring and spike ball are part of the level, then Kid Icarus is most likely.

However, they could both be items (it does look like Villager has thrown the spike ball). If that's the case, then Fire Emblem is a possibility.

Edit: Actually, some of the designs are the same as previous Kid Icarus stage images, so it may actually be the very same stage.

Edit 2: Interesting note: The spring is from the Brawl stage builder.

Edited by Cube

zlCfzRuL3cI2lnUCUH

Pic of the day. The Gust Bellows can blow opponents away with its powerful wind blasts. When someone drops it, though, the gusts run wild! Out of the new items, more than a few will be from The Legend of Zelda series. We'll take the most interesting and straightforward ones and reformulate them to match the Smash Bros. world.

Edited by Serebii

Hope we get the Ball and Chain (with actual physics that make the ball flop around as you jump while holding it). That would be killer!

That would have been an awesome special for Toon Link, along with other Wind Waker and recent handheld items.

I think items like this and the Beetle are better off as items than specials, otherwise they'd either be overpowered or have to be nerfed beyond usability (think how Mario's FLUDD needs to be charged).

zlCfzRum7mMfrbwJxN

Pic of the day. Pikachu's Thunder now starts off with a thundercloud that deals a Meteor Smash! From left to right, you can see this combo starting with Pikachu throwing the opponent upward, Meteor Smashing with the lightning strike, and then directly attacking. Foes can dodge, of course, so the attack won't hit consistently, but when it does, it sure feels good!

How high is the thunder cloud? Pikachu's old thunder was good for attacking enemies above you since it came from the very top of the stage but I suppose now if you learn the range for the sweet spot you can just meteor smash enemies. Also since Sakurai mentioned using it in a combo it makes me wonder, will this game be more like Melee where you can actually do combos instead of every character floating away and being able to air dodge follow up attacks instantly like Brawl?

I like this, a combo! :hehe: Plus, Thunder having KO properties was very powerful (considering how easy it hit). Interesting to see they're nerfing it a tad.

Also, didn't Pikachu's Thunder always come from a cloud?

You may be right, me and my friends never really play as Pikachu so I'm not sure just how long his thunder attack is.

As long as you can still spam it and go PIKACU! PIKA! PIKA! PIKACHU! PIKA! PIKA! PIKA! PIKACHU!, it will be fine.

Very nice! I have found thunder to be one of the more spammy/spammed moves though - wonder if this'll still be the case with this update? Maybe it runs a risk where if you don't hit it 100% it leaves you vulnerable? He isn't one of the characters I consider using for some reason, but I do bloody love him when I get him on the random. Gust jar is cool too! I can see it being somewhat annoying, which I like :P

Pikachu's thunder was always deadly if it was preceded by his up-smash, which sends them directly upwards (I think the combo was reverse to as the thunder-flip).

So now it looks like he might be able to take it one step further by going:

Upsmash->Thunder->Another attack.

In fact, if he could up-smash them from there....