NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

That's cool, with the block it somewhat reminds me of the first Smash Bros intro and the true size of the characters born from toys.

Have they not always been trophies brought to life by master hand?
Yeah (well no in the first Smash they were soft toys), it's just on all levels or the subspace emissary you loose all scale, or they appear like life-size trophies, until you get to Master Hand.

zlCfzRh1qWk0iPob4p

"Pic of the day. As shown in Little Mac's debut video, here is the height difference between Samus and Little Mac. He's used those mighty green gloves to punch out many challengers bigger than himself."

Getting a Heart Container is essentially gaining an extra life. Maxim Tomatos are close to that, too. It's just unfun.

The food, I only disable for a matter of consistency. Also, since a lot of it appears at once, there's a good chance someone's gonna recover a good chunk of life anyway (then again, I might try to have a go with food again, one of these days).

An interesting perspective. Personally I find quite the opposite - some of the hard hitters(namely the fire cracker and final smashes) can be unfun sometimes due to being such big and easy killers. Healing items whilst they can restore a lot don't unbalance things as much - if anything I find it quite amusing having food with party balls - for the person taking a gamble on all food coming out but actually getting surrounded with volatile bob-ombs. Also when it comes down to the line with just two of you and a healer appears - do you go for it and expose yourself or battle on and hope for the best? There's been many a moment someone's run for a heart in the 'final' moments - however it total telegraphs what you're upto and where you're going, perfect time to throw a bat or a lipstick your way to knock you away before you get there. Alternatively there's been not only cheap recoveries with healing items, but remarkable perseverance from the opposition that still lead to them winning the fight!

Ahhh smash brothers. What a game. What a game!! Can't believe they might be so foolish as to miss a summer release for this; really needs it imo.

In practice, that's not what usually happens, though. In practice, the heart will spawn right next to someone, so no tension there.

Meanwhile, the cracker launcher is not exactly a free KO, since it's hard to control, not to mention it's entirely possible to only use half of those bullets before someone knocks it out of you.

Diddy Kong.

main.png

screen-2.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-7.jpg

screen-3.jpg

screen-8.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-1.jpg

screen-9.jpg

screen-10.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-
3DS screens added.

Ahhh, hoped he wouldn't be back to take up a character slot - generally quite unfazed by him in Brawl, one of our least favourites :(

zlCfzRiDnykRIim5OS

"Pic of the day. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is out now in Europe and North America! ...And to celebrate, Diddy Kong joins the battle!!"

"We've increased Diddy Kong's flexibility this time. This picture shows how far his punches stretch during his strong side attack."

Ahhh, hoped he wouldn't be back to take up a character slot - generally quite unfazed by him in Brawl, one of our least favourites :(

Yeah I didn't like him at all :(

My little brother was good with Diddy. He was quite the pest during matches.

Might use him this time around.

My little brother was good with Diddy. He was quite the pest during matches.

Might use him this time around.

We've used him, and strangely manage to win with him often enough, but never really seem to get why. I generally dislike him on the whole though I find it difficult to articulate why, he seems generally unremarkable I guess? It's fun to try and hit people with his face rape though, pretty much the only thing I do with him! Maybe he'll have had a bit more of a changeup along with his increased flexibility and I'll like him more this time round.

Edited by Rummy

main.png

Dixie will be the other one, guaranteed. Do not want to see that stinkin ape Kranky.

main.png

Dixie will be the other one, guaranteed. Do not want to see that stinkin ape Kranky.

Diddy/Dixie barrel swap move? If they doubled them up like Shiek/Zelda, maybe I'd be a bit more interested and it gives another slot on the roster? Wonder what they'd do with Dixie if she was in it though...I've seen pretty much nothing of TF(which I presume she's in).

Wonder what they'd do with Dixie if she was in it though...I've seen pretty much nothing of TF(which I presume she's in).

mlss_dixie_kong_preview_4_by_chrispriter1-d3jdlyw.gifmlss_dixie_kong_preview_5_by_chrispriter1-d3jdm6l.gifmlss_dixie_kong_preview_4_by_chrispriter1-d3jdlyw.gif

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Retro_Link

I too hope Diddy is revamped. He felt very uninspired in Brawl, no real direction for him.

Honestly I didn't really like any of the new characters in Brawl, and what they did to some existing like Mario and Samus.

I forgot Diddy was in Brawl. I don´t care for him at all (as a Smash Brothers character).

Not even Ike, Pokémon Trainer and Snake?

Well with any luck Snake won't be back. Screw Konami and screw Kojima. Guesses for who else who else won't be back? I'd say Wolf definitely and R.O.B. possibly. Slippy's never got a look in, could be his turn.

Also I think Zelda will be combined with Shiek again even though that hasn't been shown so far. So maybe Diddy could be combined with Dixie. It's just an idea.

Super Smash Bros. - Diddy Kong Head-to-Head Comparison (Wii U & 3DS Vs. Brawl)

That music!

I just can't get over how good the characters look in this, the level of expression and animation is incredible :D