NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Very interesting! He looks like a speed demon, hitting hard and fast and not sucking as much as sonic. His weird power meter(I've never played any punchouts) looks interesting a mechanic too; I always like seeing something a bit different in the mix and he seems to be just that!

Not the biggest fan of the Punch Out games but I thought that Little Mac reveal was a pretty awesome one. Did think he should have been playable last time around and not simply an Assist Trophy so good to see him make the roster. Made me look up that awesome video put out in the build up to the release of Punch Out on the Wii:

And hopefully it bodes well for them thinking a little outside the box/bringing in other previous Assist Trophy characters to be playable (like say the characters from Sin and Punishment which, with this Little Mac reveal, I wouldn't put it passed them now what with the sequel on the Wii).

I am liking that there does seem to be a noticeable difference in the fighting style of the characters this time around, and especially with the new additions they've revealed so far where they all pretty much seem to have something different/unique to them.

Watched the trailer again and I think with Little Mac's KO meter it's just basically you holding down the B button to charge his punch and when you let go he does the punch, kinda like Marth's/Ike's/Roy's charged sword swing attack.

All the new characters look to be cracking additions so far.

I'm really liking the look of Little Mac, as Rummy says something a little different.

That knockout punch sounds amazing.. I wonder if he'll rack up damage easily but have limited options for a KO without that punch? Or maybe it's to compensate for a weaker recovery game?

I'm looking forward to paying as so many of the characters in this, whereas I'm usually a one trick pony (maybe 2.. Ness & Lucas)

Nintendo continue to impress me regardless.

Didn't see F00had's post. It could be charged, I interpreted it to be an actual KO though from the ko punch which would be so overpowered unless you have to charge it long enough to make it impossible to hit with?

All the new characters look to be cracking additions so far.

I'm really liking the look of Little Mac, as Rummy says something a little different.

That knockout punch sounds amazing.. I wonder if he'll rack up damage easily but have limited options for a KO without that punch? Or maybe it's to compensate for a weaker recovery game?

I'm looking forward to paying as so many of the characters in this, whereas I'm usually a one trick pony (maybe 2.. Ness & Lucas)

Expanding on my previous thought, I'm starting to think he might actually be a Sonic surrogate/replacement - speedy etc but with his KO punch to balance out some of Sonic's somewhat weak hitting/knockout ability.

I already see Villager, Rosalina and Little Mac being much played with me early on - very keen for all the new being brought to the game!

I think he's a perfect fit for the game, just like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Mega Man. Looking good so far!

zlCfzRhEUVI_My9X8H

"Pic of the day. Little Mac can deliver some solid punches while fighting on the ground."

Did anyone else actually realise Little Mac was this... little? :p

I always presumed he was just 'little' against his boxing opposition, but he's actually tiny, which is strange because in that case shouldn't his trainer be bigger than him too?

Edited by Retro_Link

Here's a bonus image from Miiverse today

pwtcbiQl.jpg

...However, he's not the strongest fighter while airborne. Try keeping his feet on the ground and avoid being blasted into the air when you use him in battles.

Dis anyone else actually realise Little Mac was this... little? :p

I always presumed he was just 'little' against his boxing opposition, but he's actually tiny, which is strange because in that case shouldn't his trainer be bigger than him too, which he's not really.

His Punch Out profile lists him as 5'8, dunno why they made him so small for Smash Bros.

Edited by f00had

I don't think this is necessarily to scale as if you actually compare the sizes of most of the characters already they don't match well. I think they just wanted little Mac to be smaller than his opponents, as he's famous for.

Well yes ok. Pedantic.

But generally characters are in groups of Short, Medium and Tall characters.

I'm just saying I was surprised to see Little Mac as the shortest. But ok.

Well yes ok. Pedantic.

But generally characters are in groups of Short, Medium and Tall characters.

I'm just saying I was surprised to see Little Mac as the shortest. But ok.

Maybe in Nintendoland things are just much bigger! Toads are actually 8 feet tall and our world humans are just small and inferior beings compared?

Could you turn off the Smash Ball in Brawl? I can't remember.

I hope you can in this, for some reason I didn't really like the addition of final smashes.

zlCfzRhWgV0TPe3BjB

"Pic of the day. Hey look, a bottle!! This is a special item that can even heal fighters who have accumulated over 100% damage."

His Punch Out profile lists him as 5'8, dunno why they made him so small for Smash Bros.

Aww, I'm even shorter than him! Just call me Little Mike. :p

Could you turn off the Smash Ball in Brawl? I can't remember.

I hope you can in this, for some reason I didn't really like the addition of final smashes.

We turned it off after a while. Think we got rid of the firecracker sometimes too, as it was just a bit too overpowered imo. I'll be playing with final smashes in the early days though, mostly just to see what they do etc.

The only items I disable are Smash Ball and Healing items. So I guess I'll be disabling the fairy as well.

The only items I disable are Smash Ball and Healing items. So I guess I'll be disabling the fairy as well.

Why healers? I can see, but I don't think they're as bad as some of the more devastating/hard hitting items, and I actually find they lead to some good moments!

Getting a Heart Container is essentially gaining an extra life. Maxim Tomatos are close to that, too. It's just unfun.

The food, I only disable for a matter of consistency. Also, since a lot of it appears at once, there's a good chance someone's gonna recover a good chunk of life anyway (then again, I might try to have a go with food again, one of these days).

zlCfzRhmz6gnmR9z7Z

"Pic of the day. This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn't always stay true to scale."