NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Yeah, the game will be more accessible without that emissary garbage. Adventure mode in Melee was ok.

But something like Soul Calibur 2's minimal story-based but still fighting quest mode would be ideal.

Remember the home-run contest in Melee?? Ahhhhhhhhh memories man. (what was the hidden character you got again?)

Blasphemy! I thought SSE was a cracking little adventure, really liked how they managed to bring all these different characters togther with it. Only majorly wank thing about it was probably Taboo and maybe the sticker system/idea, but that's cos I'm a massive hoarder and don't like to use stuff.

(home run records unlocked a stage and some trophies unless I'm mistaken)

Blasphemy! I thought SSE was a cracking little adventure, really liked how they managed to bring all these different characters togther with it. Only majorly wank thing about it was probably Taboo and maybe the sticker system/idea, but that's cos I'm a massive hoarder and don't like to use stuff.

(home run records unlocked a stage and some trophies unless I'm mistaken)

Sure, maybe the first time it was ok, but only okay because of the character interaction. Try playing it a second time and you (I) find a generic, boring side scroller with uninspiring enemies and music.

Melee's adventure in my opinion, had a decent time span and was much more action based and exciting.

Also something about the brighter, casual Nintendo like colours and visuals that I look back on more fondly than Brawls darker hues and blur.

KeOeuFR.jpg

"Pic of the day. The Home-run Bat in this game is black! And it's so powerful that your eyes might bug out!!"

Oops, forgot the 2nd part.

Bcv6Cbg.png

"And here's a look at a home run exiting the arena."

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

Sure, maybe the first time it was ok, but only okay because of the character interaction. Try playing it a second time and you (I) find a generic, boring side scroller with uninspiring enemies and music.

Melee's adventure in my opinion, had a decent time span and was much more action based and exciting.

Also something about the brighter, casual Nintendo like colours and visuals that I look back on more fondly than Brawls darker hues and blur.

Melee's adventure mode was fantastic :) Still love it to this day; it was nostalgic and to the point. Compare that to the SSE which was so long and drawn out....:(

KeOeuFR.jpg

"Pic of the day. The Home-run Bat in this game is black! And it's so powerful that your eyes might bug out!!"

Oops, forgot the 2nd part.

Bcv6Cbg.png

"And here's a look at a home run exiting the arena."

The new bat has an air of japanese sex toy about it...

'The baseball bat is back! To keep things fair, it takes a bit longer at 2 minutes to swing up but boy are you opponents in for a smashing!'

Barely ever used it for a screamer hit in Brawl because anyone with sense saw it coming a mile off(not to say it wasn't done on occasion though) - much prefer lobbing it in the face* of a fiercely approaching opponent instead!

(*ftr i will throw lots of things in your general direction)

Edited by Rummy

Love me some home run contest.

:)

Actually, this is even better!!!

Edited by Goron_3

That's 2 seconds and not 2 minutes right? :P

Seriously, the speed drop of the bat smash from melee(where everyone wanted to try it) to brawl is just appalling. I do half see why, the bat's a bit of a mental tide turner if you get it and can use it to smash well - but still. I remember liking it in melee. You notice the screamers whatever you're doing, and whilst you continue to play you take a bit of focus off to ask everyone what happened!

EDIT: I should mention I'm a MASSIVE fan of Brawl, and not a melee reminiscent - whilst changing a lot of things I found Brawl superior for my own tastes with all the extra it brought. Of course, a nice balance would maybe have been even better...

Love me some home run contest.

:)

Actually, this is even better!!!

I could never master those crazy bat drop attack cancel sandbag tricks for melee :(

Edited by Rummy

KeOeuFR.jpg

You mean like this?

tumblr_ljwxs5FkEe1qe3twro1_500.gif

Edited by Wii

The new bat has an air of japanese sex toy about it...

Well, we know what you got up to in Japan.

bbJ2BPK.jpg

"Pic of the day. When Lucario shoots out Aura from its hands to fly with ExtremeSpeed, you can control its flight direction. If Lucario's Aura is fully charged, it can fly extremely far, so be careful not to accidentally launch out of the area."

This was something I meant to ask at the time but forgot. What is it? Does it have a gender?

AW544YJ.jpg

"Pic of the day. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day...and the day the new Nintendo Direct airs! It will stream in Japan at 7 AM so it's going to be a very early morning for us...!"

"Us"? So there's something Smash Bros. in the Direct?

Edit: Wait, Dixie is Diddy's girlfriend, right?

Edited by Cube

He could just be reminding people, and saying it will early for us 'Japan'.

But yeah, if there is a hint in there, who potentially could they include along the Valentines Day theme?...

:heart: Diddy-Dixie combo (KongPow)

:heart: Ice Climbers

:heart: Daisy (alternate Peach) for Luigi

:heart: Birdo (alternate Yoshi, fires eggs instead of laying them) for Yoshi

:heart: Tetra for Toon Link

:heart: Krystal (with staff) for Fox

:heart: Amy (with hammer) for Sonic

All could potentially have decent move sets.

Edited by Retro_Link

He could just be reminding people, and saying it will early for us 'Japan'.

But yeah, if there is a hint in there, who potentially could they include along the Valentines Day theme?...

:heart: Diddy-Dixie combo (KongPow)

:heart: Ice Climbers

:heart: Daisy (alternate Peach) for Luigi

:heart: Birdo (alternate Yoshi, fires eggs instead of laying them) for Yoshi

:heart: Tetra for Toon Link

:heart: Krystal (with staff) for Fox

:heart: Amy (with hammer) for Sonic

All could potentially have decent move sets.

The former Gender Studies student in me would be a bit upset if female characters were just considered "alternates" to males :heh:

The former Gender Studies student in me would be a bit upset if female characters were just considered "alternates" to males :heh:
I did consider each one of those their own character with only Birdo being a possible alternate costume... the more female characters, the more chance Smash has of passing that Bechdel test.

... so long as Daisy and Peach can be in a room together without discussing the plumbers.

N72eZzv.png

Pm955SI.jpg

screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

screen-3.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-5.jpg

screen-6.jpg

screen-7.jpg

screen-8.jpg

screen-9.jpg

screen-10.jpg

"Pic of the day. From Punch-out!!, our boxing challenger Little Mac joins the battle!! To get a glimpse of his fearsome punches, check out the newest video or visit the official web site."

qWSbBy2.jpg

"His biggest feature is his Power Meter. When this gets charged up, his standard special move changes! It turns into a one-hit-K.O. uppercut."

Edited by -Dem0-

Fuck yeah :grin: Little Mac looks good, really good movements he's got going on, too.

Also, I might be wrong, but I think this is the first time we've seen the percentage boxes, isn't it?