NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Ahhh, but that's the real joy/sting of random! I used to random in melee and sometimes opt out depending who I got; there's a few duff ones in Brawl that I'd rather not have but mostly I can manage to fight with them all! There's the obvious times I won't win a match, but you can't win them all I guess.

I recently went random when playing with friends in Brawl. I managed to kick arse with characters I'm not normally good at, such as Peach and Luigi.

Well yeah, if you decide beforehand that you won't change character, Melee's Random is just like Brawl's Random.

But it's nice to have the option. I mean, what if you already had Falco twice today, and you get him a 3rd time? That's also a reason to not want to play a character.

Me and friend do this for Budokai Tenkaichi 3: if we get a character that was seen often that day, we get a pass to switch him/her. Also, this system allows us to enforce a ban-list (though in Brawl, the only thing we'd ban would be Super Sonic if we could)

But it's nice to have the option. I mean, what if you already had Falco twice today, and you get him a 3rd time? That's also a reason to not want to play a character.

Me and friend do this for Budokai Tenkaichi 3: if we get a character that was seen often that day, we get a pass to switch him/her. Also, this system allows us to enforce a ban-list (though in Brawl, the only thing we'd ban would be Super Sonic if we could)

Thaaaaaat's Nintendo random!

I see your point though. As for super sonic, he's not all THAT bad, plus he makes up for the fact that sonic IS that bad. We play with final smashes off generally anyway, too much of a tide-turner sometimes.

I see your point though. As for super sonic, he's not all THAT bad, plus he makes up for the fact that sonic IS that bad. We play with final smashes off generally anyway, too much of a tide-turner sometimes.

That's the best thing about Final Smashes.

As soon as a Smash Ball appears, the fight shifts from tactical to an "Oh crap let's go and get it before the others do". It makes it more fun, in my view :)

We're quite competitive when it comes to Smash, but we make sure to mix it up. You don't want things to get too serious.

Sonic isn't bad. He's got good mobility and damaging attacks (it's the smash attacks that lack power). Super Sonic, though, that guy can kill the same CPU twice, and he's so easy to control (compare to Pikachu, who is less powerful and harder to control).

We also decided to turn off smash attacks for the same reason. We can usually deal with most of them, but the few that are guaranteed tide turners (Sonic & Olimar) spoil it. Plus, if any of us got ZSS, we would choose to not use it, and just sit on it :heh:

Ahh yeah! I generally used to avoid using Samus's cos I didn't like ZSS, then I realised how damagingly deadly her SUIT is! Tbh my main roster is me and three others, of which only one really goes for final smashes - he would always be sonic or samus literally just for that when we started playing. Even with them he still loses! As we also usually do stock matches(hence why final smashes can be more tedious than time matches), sometimes we had a habit of not using a final smash for the final kill...which is tricky for some characters cos it locks out your standard B move! On the whole though, I find whilst I do very much enjoy smashes, I prefer a match without them, or where only a few appear(I do notice it seems to do matches without any appearing, though).

(I do notice it seems to do matches without any appearing, though).

Maybe it's the Dragoon? The game usually doesn't allow both to exist at the same time.

Ahhh, could be as I've noticed that's not always about! Though I'm sure we must have had both at some point....OR HAVE WE?!

All this actual brawl talk gets me so excited. Smaaaaaaaaaaash! What a bloody good game. Sakurai is my king.

I stopped reading the thread after the 6th post. But yeah I already expected this to be released around Q3 at the earliest.

We'll see.

please understand.

Bloody hell, Nintendo hopefully have something planned for June-November!!

A surprise at E3 to be released almost immediately?

Maybe Yoshi will be one of those games that comes out soon after the next trailer or something.

I would have thought X would be their game for the end of the year.

A huge N64/Gamecube VC push over the summer would be very welcome/needed.

please understand.

Maybe Yoshi will be one of those games that comes out soon after the next trailer or something.

Megatonnes. I would probably shit my pants if e3 was all showing off Brawl and then was like 'available worldwide...next week!'

Tbh I thought it was given this was a 2014 release? I was actually expecting summerish.

please understand.

Hyrule Warriors is aiming at summer

Megatonnes. I would probably shit my pants if e3 was all showing off Brawl and then was like 'available worldwide...next week!'

Tbh I thought it was given this was a 2014 release? I was actually expecting summerish.

Did you just miss the post saying it's possibly an end of the year game?

Hyrule Warriors is aiming at summer
Yes, but I pretend that doesn't exist :p

That's purely a Tecmo game anyway.

I'm talking Nintendo releases, the quality of their games staggered across the year is vital for the Wii U.

I'm talking Nintendo releases, the quality of their games staggered across the year is vital for the Wii U.

I saw that, but I read it as 'by the end' meaning I always expected that as a given anyway. It's *possible* end of the year, but if anything, I would have expected for summer! 2015 beyond was always out of the question for me, and I think end of year is a terrible time! This needs to be summerish release!

Of course what I think's sensible and what Nintendo actually does tend to be very different things :p

I saw that, but I read it as 'by the end' meaning I always expected that as a given anyway. It's *possible* end of the year, but if anything, I would have expected for summer! 2015 beyond was always out of the question for me, and I think end of year is a terrible time! This needs to be summerish release!

Of course what I think's sensible and what Nintendo actually does tend to be very different things :p

Oh I see, yeah hopefully it is a vague statement like that and not something they're aiming for.

Ok, let me compare a few examples

Super Mario 3D World - Officially revealed in June 2013. Released in November 2013

Wind Waker HD - Announced Jan 2013, officially showcased for the first time in June 2013. Released in October 2013

Donkey Kong Country - Announced in June 2013. Released in February 2014

Mario Kart 8 - Officially revealed in June 2013. Released in May 2014

Pokémon X & Y - Revealed in January 2013. Released in October 2013

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Revealed in April 2013. Released in November 2013.

NES Remix - Revealed in December 2013. Released 5 minutes later.

Dr. Luigi - Revealed in December 2013. Released January 2014.

Hyrule Warriors - Revealed in December 2013. Released Summer 2014

Kirby Triple Deluxe - Revealed in October 2013. Released in January 2014

Wii Sports Club - Revealed in September 2013. Released in October 2013.

Pokémon Rumble U - Revealed in February 2013. Released in April 2013

There are countless more examples, the above were from the top of my head. Aside from the odd occasion such as Luigi's Mansion, X and a few others, Nintendo's games have an extremely small period from reveal to release. I think it is safe to say that their line-up won't be barren this year.

The fact you can recall those 'off the top of your head' is umm... :p

Yeah I know they have examples of turnarounds like that, meaning a couple of E3 announcements will probably make it out by the end of the year (although in the case of last year it was only Super Mario 3D World), but that's not the drought period is it.

I think we were already quite confident about the end of the year anyway with Yoshi (which will have very little impact anyway), X, Smash Bros all without release dates, and then E3 announcements on top of that. It's the summer/autumn period that looks bad at the moment as those games should have been announced by now you'd have thought.

Of course Nintendo can spring surprises, I just hope they are planning to any day now.

The fact you can recall those 'off the top of your head' is umm... :p

Yeah I know they have examples of turnarounds like that, meaning a couple of E3 announcements will probably make it out by the end of the year (although in the case of last year it was only Super Mario 3D World), but that's not the drought period is it.

I think we were already quite confident about the end of the year anyway with Yoshi (which will have very little impact anyway), X, Smash Bros all without release dates, and then E3 announcements on top of that. It's the summer/autumn period that looks bad at the moment as those games should have been announced by now you'd have thought.

Of course Nintendo can spring surprises, I just hope they are planning to any day now.

Don't panic until they drop the ball in the next Direct :p And don't diss my memory. I can't run my site without having a fantastic memory. It all works out!

Personally, I would like Nintendo to take a more aggressive approach to their games. Give people updates on what's coming out and get them hyped about their software, no matter when it drops. They need to get back that mindshare and at this point they have nothing to lose.

Completely agree. The worst thing about this situation at the moment is the horizon things just looks so bleak, they're giving existing and potential customers no optimism!

We need to hear about what they're working on. Sod waiting for directs/shows, as you can expand on things in them as and when they come. But no one is going to buy a console with no announcements.

Cb6xDxq.png

A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger.

Looks a lot stronger now, the aura sphere is bigger than Lucario himself :eek: Hopefully it has some massive damage to go with its new look