NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Cross pollination at its finest... or what are they smoking? Time will tell.

Edited by Retro_Link

Stupid name.

Good game.

Liking the concepts, though.

Tbf myself and marcamillian wondered countless times why DS wasn't made to interface with the Wii as a controller ala Four Swords anyway.

Should be epic. I hope GC controllers work on Wii U....because if not....bit annoying.

Should be epic. I hope GC controllers work on Wii U....because if not....bit annoying.

Nintendo said Wii U would be totally backwards compatible with Wii games so I think it's safe to assume GCN controllers will work.

I'm hoping we get DLC stages and characters for these two. And exclusive fighters for each one. Maybe have characters/stages from handheld titles appear exclusively on 3DS (Isaac from Golden Sun, or an Advance Wars stage for example).

If they don't add Isaac or Matthew or anyone from Golden Sun, they're officially thick.

Anyway, sounds like it is barely in development yet, though I am looking very forward to this.

I'm glad Sakurai will be involved in the development. I'm also secretly revealed relieved that the game seems to be a quite a way off. It feels way too soon for another Super Smash Bros. game right now.

Edited by Magnus

Surely it's AGES away. They have to finish Kid icarus before they even begin!

I'm glad Sakurai will be involved in the development. I'm also secretly revealed that the game seems to be a quite a way off. It feels way too soon for another Super Smash Bros. game right now.

I could always see you.

I could always see you.

It's because of our special connection, Rummy. :kiss:

WiiU isn't GC compatible from what's seen so far, so dunno about using the pad.

My character wish list:

Leon from Resident Evil

What's his name from No More Heroes

Ryo Hazuki & Lan Di from Shenmie

What's his name from Assassins Creed

Viewtiful Joe

I just can't come up with a character based game that Nintendo haven't taken characters from.

Also, it would be cool if they'd ad movie characters. In that case my list would include:

The Terminator

Rambo

Dirty Harry

Mister Blonde (reservoir dogs)

Indiana Jones

James Bond

Or if they're cheapskates, they can just include all the characters from the next Expendables movie.

"I just can't come up with a character based game that Nintendo haven't taken characters from."

What about Raymond Bryce, Captain Rainbow, the Golden Sun cast, Andy from Advance Wars, Jimmy from WarioWare, Balloon Fighter guy, Rob Haywood (1080), Custom Robo, Xenoblade or Last Story?

Elite Beat Agents

Professor Layton

Castlevania Characters

Travis Touchdown

Megaman

Louie (Pikmin)

Waluigi

Henry Hatsworth

Layton is a necessity! He would fit so well, and so would some Layton themed levels, like St. Mystere for instance.

As far as 3rd Parties go, only Megaman is a must, I think.

And I am hoping every SSBB Assist Trophy will be considered for "promotion". Samurai Goroh, Saki Amamiya, Custom Robo, Lyn and Isaac could be great fun.

Oh... and Tingle :bouncy:

I wouldn't want brawl characters extended out too far beyond exclusive and long established serieses. Megaman would be pro, tho then what could he do that wouldn't make him too Samus-y...

I wouldn't want brawl characters extended out too far beyond exclusive and long established serieses. Megaman would be pro, tho then what could he do that wouldn't make him too Samus-y...

Metal Blades, Leaf Shied, Thunder Beam, Rush Jet, Carry, Rolling Cutter, Time Stopper, Charge Kick...

I mean, arm-cannon doesn't mean him and Samus need to have identical fighting styles. His movepool is as big as Kirby's.

Imagine if we get a trailer at Miyamotos roundtable later on? (dies)

Could happen. That's what they did with Smash Bros. Brawl isn't it?

Yeah they usually have a big announcement. Last year he announced Ocarina of Time 3ds. In 2006 it was Brawl.

2 roundtables, network details for Wii U. Whether surprises are included in this i'm not sure. But there is still stuff left we nede to hear.

2 roundtables, network details for Wii U. Whether surprises are included in this i'm not sure. But there is still stuff left we nede to hear.

What times are the roundtables?