NEurope
darksnowman

Luigi's Mansion 2

Totally agree @RedShell

That's the one gripe I have with the games controls so far. I have to say though that I really do not like the CPP so am glad that there have been no games that require it so far. Optional is fine, but I am yet to play a game that's better with it.

I play this game with the 3D slider wacked all the way up. Stunning. Those who finished the 1st Mansion how many of the jewels did you find? Were you able to get all of them? I'm missing two but will go back and look for them tomorrow.

I missed two in the first mansion. Used a guide to find the rest because I wanted to see what the reward was. Only missed one in the third mansion and i know it's late in the third level or early in the fourth level, will be trying to find that one on my own, if I have enough patience for it :p

At this stage it might be worth calling a store and asking if they have any, or maybe checking on eBay.

People have listed them, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay the average asking price of £20 plus postage for it. Christ.

Spent an hour with this last night, just doing the first 2 missions. SO good.

One annoying thing, the sound effects decided to turn themselves off halfway through the first mission, so I had to reset the game after completion. Hopefully this glitch won't happen again!

Exactly the same thing happened to me. The first level, half way through, the sound effects went... I kept playing.. Kind of soured my first play with the game. But over it now :) Awesome game, multiplayers great.

I will say though, however amazing the animation is. I think the graphics are actually quite poor... (gets shot in the face)

I will say though, however amazing the animation is. I think the graphics are actually quite poor... (gets shot in the face)

Maybe but the 3D is amazing!

Maybe but the 3D is amazing!

Absolutely. I think it would look better on the normal 3DS, but on the XL the jaggies are more noticeable and everything feels texturleless. This is a minor quibble I may add and doesn't detract at all. Loving it.

Absolutely. I think it would look better on the normal 3DS, but on the XL the jaggies are more noticeable and everything feels texturleless. This is a minor quibble I may add and doesn't detract at all. Loving it.

Cartoony, yes. Textureless? No

Cartoony, yes. Textureless? No

Well I'm not technical so I don't know, but to me, it looks a little flat, and the colours blocked out on things. But whatever. The game is awesome and that's all that matters!

Anyone fancy trying to get 4 of us playing at the same time?!

Yep, sound effects glitched out on me too...

Graphic have a lovely angular, Saturday morning cartoon style to them.

Kinda miss the atmosphere/lighting of the original but for a portable game this is superb and the are definitely impressive moments.

Anyone fancy trying to get 4 of us playing at the same time?!

Id be up for doing this. Just played online for the first time myself. I enjoyed it and came 1st

The sound effects glitched out on me as well STRAIGHT after reading your post haha. At least I was expecting it to happen at sometime or another.

I am really liking this game. I suck at the multiplayer mode, but it's still really fun - I think the Luigi's way of communication to each other is hilarious. I'm only on the third mission of the second mansion and I'm noticing the puzzles are getting harder (well, for me at least). I'm so depressed - On the first and second mission of the 2nd mansion, I spent so long trying to figure out what to do, but in the end had to use a walkthrough (seriously, that multicoloured light thingy can be so pesky at times). This means getting all those crystals will be impossible for me :P

I can hardly believe that it is over ten years since I played the original Luigi's Mansion on the Cube, I still have vivid memories of it right down to how it controlled. So when I played this one today, the controls felt slightly weird, as if I was accustomed to a different control scheme.

My only gripe so far is that I kinda wish that the camera was at a slightly higher angle. Apart from that, the game is great.

Regarding the graphics, i think the gc style ghostbuster effect ghosts look far better, on boos in particular

Got my hands on this in the Nintendo World Center yesterday, played a 'mission' or two; quite impressed. Gonna be a definite buy on my return methinks!

I guess turning Luigi while pressing the R button would have been nice. But yeah multiple functions on buttons could get confusing though. I don't miss the CCP thing at all haha. It sucks batteries at a way faster rate than it should, and I just don't like carrying it around at all.

I don't know if this is in the English version (I own the Dutch one), but did anyone notice this?:

At some point after returning successful from a mission in the first mansion, the professor congratulates you and tells things aren't that bad after all. He then says to Luigi he should have asked him for help first! Is that actually referring he asked Mario for help first, and that would make Luigi second choice? If so that is brilliant hahaa!

I guess turning Luigi while pressing the R button would have been nice. But yeah multiple functions on buttons could get confusing though. I don't miss the CCP thing at all haha. It sucks batteries at a way faster rate than it should, and I just don't like carrying it around at all.

I don't know if this is in the English version (I own the Dutch one), but did anyone notice this?:

At some point after returning successful from a mission in the first mansion, the professor congratulates you and tells things aren't that bad after all. He then says to Luigi he should have asked him for help first! Is that actually referring he asked Mario for help first, and that would make Luigi second choice? If so that is brilliant hahaa!

Re your spoiler - hehe yeah I thought that too. :grin:

It's touches like that which have had me chuckling. :laughing:

Yeah saw that too. He makes a another type of reference early in mansion 2.

He hints that he needs a plumber, I wondered if it was a reference that Luigi is meant to be a plumber but never actually does any plumbing?

This came from Lovefilm today and it is firmly situated in my 3DS card slot. Unfortunately Monster Hunter consumed my time this evening, but I will definitely be exploring the first haunted mansions tomorrow at some point, cannot wait.

Does E.Gadd still say "Luigi" in the hilariously cute way he did in the GameCube version?

Loving this game so far. Done the first two mansions. Like some, I do find that the game could have done with a way to turn Luigi when either using the torch or vacuum. But it's OK. I'm getting used to it.

Played through the first mansion introduction earlier on my way into work. I miss the C stick flashlight/Poltergust controls, but everything else is spot on. I only ever played the original Luigi's Mansion in Japanese, so it's pretty cool to actually be able to read and understand Professor Gadd's dialogue this time. Before he was just an unfortunate stroke victim trying to get real words out of his squeaky little voice box.

Just finished the first mansion. One gem still to find and I need to get 2 more boos to unlock the extra mission. The mansion boss was a delight! This game is amazing!!!

I've got one more Boo to find in the first Mansion but I still have two gems missing. I've searched up, down and all around, retraced my steps countless times accessed every room possible for me in that given level and still I can't find the remaining two gems.