NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Ryse

Looks alright, is it on rails though, surely most Kinect games will have to be? What about those that don't have the room in front of their TV to be kicking and swinging punches!

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm now taking bets on time between release of Ryse and first picture on internet of a guy with his foot through his 50" 3DTV.

Just reminds me of the first trailers for the Wii, the red steel one, and the metroid one etc. Granted, at least in this you actually need to... Still think it's incredibly limited and should only be an OPTION, people though playing the Wii was tiring, never mind this. It works in arcades, and I actually like it in the home as a gimmick, but it's just not a great control device!

I was a bit shocked at the realism of it all. I like violent games but here you can beat virtual people to a pulp by using the actual movement you would have to use in the real world.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/ryse-returns-for-xbox-one

Crytek has announced Ryse, the first-person Roman combat game first revealed back in 2010, is now being developed exclusively for Xbox One.

A posting on the company's site doesn't reveal much, other than that it'll have "controller-based gameplay enhanced by Kinect." There's also a countdown clock promising we'll find out more in 19 days at E3.

Earlier this month, we heard reports that the game had been re-worked into a next-generation game "designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title." Given this announcement, it seems that these may have been accurate.

Last night Microsoft announced that 15 exclusives would be coming to the Xbox One in its first year, of which eight would be new franchises. Taking this news with the announcement of Quantum Break, it seems we now know two of the new IPs.

Two new IP's down, 6 to go.

Well I liked the historical perspective of it, but the combat looked really slow and tedious. Such a QTE spamfest...

Sooo...am I the only one wondering what kinect actually adds to this then? Seems to be perfectly played without it.

The guys over at Metro (Game Central dudes) gave it a 3/10. Ouch.

I've played it and that's all that it deserves. SO much wrong with it.

Why on earth would they make the gameplay decision that whether you press the correct button, the wrong button, or no button at all, the finishing section of combat still plays out exactly the same...!?

Of course you're just going to end up not even bothering to press any buttons if there's no pay-off for doing so!

Why not just have the combat carry on if you get it wrong? Stupid.

I thought it was going to be a God of War rip-off. Instead it's Knack set in a gritty bloody Rome. Two shit scores for two shit games. At least Knack has co-op...I guess.

I thought it was going to be a God of War rip-off. Instead it's Knack set in a gritty bloody Rome. Two shit scores for two shit games. At least Knack has co-op...I guess.

Ryse does too, apart from when one of you goes QRT then you and the person you're killing goes slo-mo and the rest of the game world runs at full speed. You end up running past each other going "WTF?"

ORLY? Didn't know that. I find co-op can make even the worst games bearable, if only to cooperatively mock the game.

ORLY? Didn't know that. I find co-op can make even the worst games bearable, if only to cooperatively mock the game.

No this one my friend.... save your money.

I've seen enough of this to think it will be worth buying in a few years when it's in bargain bins!

Sign in to follow this