NEurope
Nintendohnut

The Apple Thread

Could be sooner tbh, MacBooks don't have a specific month for updates really, they would usually be every nine months or so. Rumours are starting to circulate now about 15" Airs now, so I'd say summer is when we can expect an announcement.

Also: That SD adaptor is called the Camera Connection Kit (it comes with a USB adaptor as well) and it basically lets you view/save photos from an SD card onto your iPad with no drop in file-size. I don't think it helps much with adding extra bits - there is no way to store apps on an external device, anyway. That Kingston thing I posted above is probably the best space-saving option available to be honest.

Could be sooner tbh, MacBooks don't have a specific month for updates really, they would usually be every nine months or so. Rumours are starting to circulate now about 15" Airs now, so I'd say summer is when we can expect an announcement.

Also: That SD adaptor is called the Camera Connection Kit (it comes with a USB adaptor as well) and it basically lets you view/save photos from an SD card onto your iPad with no drop in file-size. I don't think it helps much with adding extra bits - there is no way to store apps on an external device, anyway. That Kingston thing I posted above is probably the best space-saving option available to be honest.

I'm pretty sure you can also access content such as videos through them.

No way to watch .avi files unless you jailbreak though.

Sooo it's that time of year again:

iphone-5_458x425.jpg

Anyone hyped? Excited? Couldn't care less?

I will be getting it. I always buy the new iPhone outright and just whack my Sim into it. I am on a 12 month Vodafone contract which gets 25% off the line rental and phone prices through working for Barclays. :)

So each April I upgrade to the same phone (iPhone) and sell it on. Kinda covers the cost for my buying outright. I'll be selling my current 4S too before the 5 comes out to put towards it.

The thing I'm looking forward to most is the bigger screen hopefully making the keypad a little roomier. It may not of course, but if it did I'd be happy as it sometimes feels cramped and I can't use the phone on it's side!

Also looking forward to 4g - though that won't take off for a while yet and when it does, you can guarantee I'll be no where near a signal spot ha.

So anyone else looking to buy one for launch?

I'd be hyped if anywhere actually posted a time for the conference!

so i'm forcing myself to ignore it and check around 9pm tonight when surely info should be out surely

I'd be hyped if anywhere actually posted a time for the conference!

so i'm forcing myself to ignore it and check around 9pm tonight when surely info should be out surely

It's 6pm UK time this evening. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing all the new features i'll get to use in Android a few months down the line. :p

I'm looking forward to seeing what Android features Apple will claim they invented.

I'm looking forward to seeing what new colour they have invented, I am betting on blue.

Perhaps "Small Stone Blue".

I'm looking forward to seeing something that drives technology and the industry forward, not petty he said/she said arguments.

If i'm honest i'm really hoping its not a brilliant upgrade or just worse than the Galaxy S3, because i really like that, but don't want to buy one and have the iphone 5 be much better

I'm not excited, I don't think there'll be any surprises or anything remotely worthy of attention but I'll be getting one because my current iPhone is getting a bit knackered and God knows I can't be arsed with Android.

If the next iPhone looks like the rumours, the iPhone 4S will definitely be the last iPhone I buy for some time. Unless they've managed to be extremely sneaky and intentionally leak a fake model to the internet for weeks, it's a hugely uninspired step for them. A slightly taller iPhone 4? I don't even want a phone that's taller. What I wanted was that old rumoured wide home button with gesture controls so that I could get, at the very least, back and menu controls that Android have made pretty standard.

Yeah the image of the 5 that the internet seem to have hold of is not a nice looking handset IMO.

The metal backing of the phone doesn't do much for me in all honesty.

However there have recently been some other shots of a 2 tone black model - almost a matte finish which would be great to stop those finger prints getting everywhere except the screen.

iphone-2012-3d-004_medium.jpg

That - I like :smile:

But not long to wait now - It'll probably look totally different to both of the images floating round the net!

Anybody who buys an iPhone without a tariff from http://www.ee.co.uk is a retard.

Well, apart from those who live in 90% of the country, and those willing to wait to see if the coverage is any good to start with (for the initial few months, when the signal is at it's patchiest, it will be a massive drain on the battery), and those who want to wait for other providers to compare coverage, prices and stuff.

I'm sure I read that 98% of the country will be covered by EE 4G by 2014 - that's 15 months away and well before the competition installs any new equipment on a tower. 4G speeds wipes the floor with brand loyalty - that's exactly why Vodaphone and o2 were so peeved with Ofcoms decision; they should have just ran with the initial auction plans, kept quiet on their views of "state aid" for the Three network - as it is o2 and Vodaphone have locked themselves out of the 4G race for 18 months, two years - and they thoroughly deserve too loose every customer who walks over to EE.

Well, apart from those who live in 90% of the country

We can't be accommodating people that make bad life choices :heh:

Well, the leaked handset is the real thing. Full sRGB, A6 processor, LTE, blah blah how incredibly dull. What on Earth happened to you, Apple?

Well, the leaked handset is the real thing. Full sRGB, A6 processor, LTE, blah blah how incredibly dull. What on Earth happened to you, Apple?

Well Jobs died... Article looking at this issue.

They've just spent a lot of time, effort, money etc arguing that they invented the rectangle (:heh:) in America so I knew they weren't going to change the shape very drastically but even so...

I've never been fond of the aesthetics of the iPhone to be honest and it's not really changed in the last six(?) years. Same with the PlayStation pad (which I'm also not fond of). There's tweaks and overall improvements, but mostly more of the same.