NEurope
Retro_Link

Tetris 3DS

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15552

News: Tetris Dropping In On 3DS

Are you ready for Tetris in the THIRD (stereoscopic) dimension?!

The Tetris Company - the official corporate face of the ubiquitous, revolutionary puzzle classic - has announced that a new version of the title is heading to Nintendo 3DS. Developed by Hudson and simply named Tetris, it is set to make a public debut at E3 next week and release in October.

It's been over 20 years since Tetris arguably hit the big time with a release on Nintendo's Game Boy, but the new 3DS version is the start of a big licensing push to keep the brand relevant in the 21st century. The Tetris Company is planning to release a wide range of Tetris-themed products, including board, card and dice games, T-shirts, wall graphics, mugs and even Halloween costumes.

Would you be willing to fork out the dough for another version of the classic pastime?

Tbh I'm interested in seeing what the title has to offer, Tetris is always a classic. Edited by Retro_Link

You know, I don't have one tetris game in my collection of games.....

Might get it when it's dropped in price, ........whut? It's Tetris....

This would be perfect for eShop. €45/50 retail...not so much. But hey I did buy Tetris DS at launch (€40) so who knows :P

All I can imagine is that it will be Tetris, with one firm difference: the background will be shown to be further away than the Tetriminos.

Are all 3DS games like this?

Retail game? God publishers like to fleece us dint they? The Wii showed you can have a mega featured download version if this game with online... I loge tetris, and miss having it on a portable so I'll probably pick it up. Hope it's a budget title!

Not bothered too much about all the extras. Normal tetris, online, single cart local play and maybe whack in tetrisphere too (look good in 3D that)!

UK release date October 21st October.

Tetris_ATLP_HOL_copy.JPG

21st September 2011 - The music is affectionately etched into your memory, you remember the thrill of achieving a ‘Tetris’ line clear after clearing four lines in a single move, you’ve enjoyed guiding the famous Tetrimino shapes into place for years, but you’ve never played a Tetris game like this before. Tetris arrives for the first time in full 3D on 21st October 2011 for European Nintendo 3DS fans.

With over 20 Tetris game modes there are countless hours of fun to be had. Enjoy the beloved Marathon mode, or drop an AR Card onto the table in front of you and watch the game come to life in all-new Augmented Reality modes. Compete in non-stop battles in Computer Battle mode, race against the clock in Fever mode, or hold on for as long as you can in Survival mode.

Spice things up with the Party modes which include an impressive array of new and challenging Tetris game options such as: Fit, squeeze blocks into specifically shaped holes; Bombliss Plus, use bombs to explode blocks coming up from below; Capture, strategically cover stars on both sides of the Matrix with Tetriminos; and Jigsaw, solve picture puzzles or import your own pictures! Make sure you also look out for new items, which will be made available via SpotPass, for Fever mode.

Tetris for Nintendo 3DS also boasts a range of fun multiplayer options to keep you and your friends engrossed - five Local Play modes and three Download Play modes designed for up to eight people to enjoy at one time. What’s more, the Download Play multiplayer modes only require a single Game Card - and if that isn’t enough, you can also go online and compete against the rest of the world over the Internet using the World Battle and Friend Battle game modes.

Tetris will become available across Europe for Nintendo 3DS from 21st October 2011.

For further information please visit http://www.tetris-3ds.com

Link

This sounds pretty good. I'll probably pick it up when it reaches the £15/£20 mark, especially if a lot of others N-E members have it so we can have a few online battles!

I had tetris DS, loved it, i might get this one too! but like you said welsh_gamer, when the price drops.

This looks awesome. :grin:

I will buy it at the highest of prices. Tetris is my drug...

JUST HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!

new modes look win. Tetris in 3D. No one warned me this day would come. I've had no time to prepare. Along with pre-ordering this game I'm buying boxes of pants by the truckload because the time I'm done with this game I have needed several hundred thousand new pairs.

Tetris is like my favourite thing ever. So yeah quietly excited about this. I have bought Tetris games so many times and yet the feeling of a new one still gets me excited.

I've held off for so long. It is time to BUY again. :bouncy:

I just don't 'get' Tetris...

Is there something wrong with me...?

:woops: <Fears the backlash of his comments>

So who got this then? I did. Seems pretty good, exactly what you'd expect I suppose!

I'll be up for online play if anyone's interested!

I just don't 'get' Tetris...

Is there something wrong with me...?

:woops: <Fears the backlash of his comments>

*Stands up*

I'm a Tetris hater too.

I don't hate Tetris, I just haven't exactly played it since Tetris 2 on the Gameboy. The original Tetris was my favourite game ever for a while when the Gameboy had just came out. So young and impressionable I was. I downloaded Tetris on my phone a couple of weeks ago because I read it was free for one day only... and I still haven't played it once. (But then I'm not a phone gamer at all.)

However, you guys don't get and HATE Tetris? Hows that even possible? :heh:

I have this. :grin:

If anyone else does I'm up for some games! :D

Definitely. Away on holiday but when in get back it would be great to try it out!

bought it 2day. love the online should keep me going till friday when mario kart release. add me up if u wanna play online.

I just bought this for £12 from the Argos outlet on eBay. Thought it wasn't a bad price. I've got it for every other Nintendo handheld so may as well buy it again!!