NEurope
flameboy

Gross dog harrasses me I get blamed.

He didn't say they had special senses, he said that they were very in tune with it. That just means they can tell what our mood/intentions are, just like we can tell other humans moods/intentions.

No he didn't, but his post did reflect (or at least I thought it did) the view that many people hold that dogs have some sort of special ability to sense people's emotions.

I don't mind dogs, just keep them on a lease outside.

Seeing a dog cause a traffic accident and more then once maul another small critter gives one a different perspective on the whole lease thing.

And of course it was never the owners fault at all...

Having pets just gives some people weird sense of entitlement.

I still think the UK should bring in a "Pet License" for people. Would stop any old idiot getting a pet and thinking that just because they own a dog, it gives them a right to have a go at everyone.

I hate people with dogs.

Our ex neighbours were chavs, they had their friend who had a bulldog. They decided it'd be fun to set it loose in our garden to chase our goat. The goat was terrified and fell while running away, causing internal bleeding and its demise.

No he didn't, but his post did reflect (or at least I thought it did) the view that many people hold that dogs have some sort of special ability to sense people's emotions.

Erm...yeah I did :heh:

Dogs are very in tune with human emotions

But it is true that they pick up on what we are feeling. I was walking them one day when I came across a group of lads hanging around. I knew a couple of them as I taught them to drive so I was pretty relaxed, so my dogs were too and just lay down while I chatted to them. If I'm unsure of people, then my dogs sense my nervousness and will start barking at them. I know that's only one example, and I'm not saying that dogs react to everything we do, but they are pretty in tune with us that's for sure. Whether that's a special ability or not is up for debate.

I hate people with dogs.

Love you too.

Erm...yeah I did :heh:

But it is true that they pick up on what we are feeling. I was walking them one day when I came across a group of lads hanging around. I knew a couple of them as I taught them to drive so I was pretty relaxed, so my dogs were too and just lay down while I chatted to them. If I'm unsure of people, then my dogs sense my nervousness and will start barking at them. I know that's only one example, and I'm not saying that dogs react to everything we do, but they are pretty in tune with us that's for sure. Whether that's a special ability or not is up for debate.

Love you too.

What I'm actually taking from your posts if that you are good with/in tune with dogs, and that your own dogs are very much in tune with you. That is not the same as dogs being very in tune with people.

I am very chilled generally, I have met some dogs whilst relaxed because that's how I roll and I've tried to be their friend, for some reason they do not want to be. Is that me, or is that the dog?

I have met other dogs in similar situations and with what I assume has been a similar approach and things have been fine. Is that me, or is that the dog?

I believe some of the dog lovers/owners in this thread are somewhat biased in favour of them. Also, just because a dog is apparently in tune with human reactions, you seem to think it's ok to tell someone exactly how they should react in a situation to something that they do not like, I do not think that is very fair.

Dogs are good at picking up emotions/body language etc. They've evolved that was since they are pack animals and need to know what other members of the pack are thinking.

But they also have unique personalities based on breed and upbringing. The ones that took a dislike to you were probably just douches. Animals can be twats just as much as humans.

Most of all, they act a lot like their owners. Again, it's due to the pack mentality of dogs. If the owner is an aggressive dick, the dog probably will too. If the owner is friendly and constantly pet and smother the dog, the dog won't understand boundaries as the owner hasn't respected theirs.