NEurope
Dyson

Bare Bones Mafia II - Taking Over Dystopia

Actually nintendohnut your post is well balanced and makes sense, while I'm sure that I am painting a target on myself here with my constant posting I feel it's worth it. I'm not saying ReZ is mafia. I'm saying he can kill, vigilante or serial killer these things have not boded well for the town in recent games and I think it is enough to warrant a lynch today.

Esequiel's blatant scaremongering is really just making me think he's mafia.

If there are 2 dead tonight then we lynch ReZ. Easy. Trust me, there will not be two kills.

Exactly. I'm not going to kill again until the next night pha...woops.

:p

But seriously, I won't kill again, unless we all agree (which would mean being 100% certain on getting two mafias in the same day) which isn't going to happen anyway. And I'll die anyway at some point. Its fine.

Yes I do have a job Peeps though I don't feel the need to reveal it.

MaDdog, Zell and Cube and Mundi are the lowest posters. Which is strange for Cube since he is usually from previous experience very talkative.

Zell and MaDdog are usually quiet but Mundi isn't alway. Maybe you guys should say something?

I don't see why you can't reveal your job. Mine is linked to my role, so I'd assume yours is too and we already know you're a roleblocker.

Vote Ellmeister

Oh yeah, let's get all our trackers and investigators on ReZ, so we don't get the mafia killer and out all the investigators and trackers out in the open. No Peeps, that's a shit idea.

ReZ is most likely a serial killer, who was probably stopped on the first day and now has killed someone for no reason. This waiting business is silly. If we are so early and can afford to lose a townie like ReZ did with Jonnas, then we can clearly risk lynching a guy who killed a townie.

Vigilantes are pretty useless anyway, if we have a mafia we can just lynch them, and can only come in handy if we have 2 clear obvious mafia suspects. But still, he can be redirected, kill another townie by mistake, or even pretend he was redirected.

ReZourceman is too dangerous.

I don't see why you can't reveal your job. Mine is linked to my role, so I'd assume yours is too and we already know you're a roleblocker.

Vote Ellmeister

I don't see why he should. I understand pressuring him, but this feels like people trying to take eyes away from ReZ. Despite his accusations of me, I actually trust Ell for revealing what he did so early on.

Vote Ellmeister

Agree with Rummy: dodgy post. I STILL don't get why everyone suddenly suspects Ellmeister. What has he done, apart from being assigned a roleblocking role??

He has done nothing, only jayseven and the peeps are trying to shift focus away from ReZ with this.

Well to be fair, he did go after me a little bit! I will follow it a bit though, if he targetted me night 1, who did he target on night 2?

I'm trying to follow other leads. Sorry, I know the mafia isn't going to like that but it's not going to stop me. Why would we focus on just ReZ, I think we've got all we can from him for now.

We all know ReZ can kill it's down to individuals whether they think he's an immediate threat or not. If people want to lynch him then I'm not going to campaign for his safety.

I'm curious about Ellmeister and people need to realise there is a difference between voting for pressure and voting for a lynch. Diageo is quite obviously mafia though so it's fine.

And to answer Rummy, Ellmeister rolelocked me night 2.

I know peeps well when he plays mafia. Hes acting strange right now.

He has done nothing, only jayseven and the peeps are trying to shift focus away from ReZ with this.

'Shift focus' is such a weighted term. I know you're doing your thing where you cast doubt on everything that everone does, except it's kinda harsh when that's precisely what I'm doing. I was reminding us of what Ell had said because ReZ's "HEY U GUIZ I KILL HUR HUR" thing may've totally over-run ell's "hey! I have a role that's suspicious because it's kinda a negative role!" thing.

I'm fairly happy that the 'shift in focus' means that ell has been 'seen' by a larger amount of players, thus; Vote: ReZ to dispel any "OMG JAYSEVEN MUST BE IN LEAGUE WITH REZ!!" rumours.

It's harder to dispel the "OMG JAYSEVEN AND PEEPS MUST BE IN COHORTS FOR HAVING THE SAME LOGIC ON THE MATTER!" thing.

Bleh.

I agree with Jayseven changevote: ReZ

:santa:

remove vote

Still would like to know your job Ell, if you're town I'd expect you to have a job that compliments being a roleblocker. The fact that you aren't willing to come out with the info is suspicious to me.

Esequiel, sorry to disappoint you but I'm town. Have not been town in a while so I guess I have a new strategy to it than I did before :p

My job does compliment my role very well. I just find it strange, how I thought you were very keen yesterday and roleblocked you which I think is fair and now you're being pushy again.

Also this whole "negative power" association argument is ridiculous. A roleblocker can be just as positive as negative.

After thinking about today and after waiting a while, since no-one else has come forward I actually now believe ReZ is the vigilante. Remove Vote. If someone else was they could easily out him. The fact ReZ changed his story and there are two killers means once he was caught out he had to claim vigilante so I don't know why people are so easily persuaded he is definitely not mafia killer. ReZ also just followed my idea that he could only kill every other night. I still consider ReZ suspicious.

-------

On another note, since this is a bare bones mafia, is it possible we have neutral as well? Or just Town and Mafia?

When I say "If someone else was" I meant, if someone else was the vigilante.

tbf - maff will likely target ell tonight if he's potentially able to block their kills.

Jus' sayin'.

I am being pushy, yes. Did you not get my memo? I'm being pushy in this game. I've said so in every other post.

I'm being pushy guys! Just so you all know!

Seriously.

I agree that I pretty much set myself up for being roleblocked/other stuff for night 2, but you can't deny that it would be a good way for a mafia roleblocker to gain favour by roleblocking a pushy player - which is why I wanted to know your job because if it fits being a roleblocker then that makes you more likely to be good. The fact that you won't give up that information is suspicious to me because I don't think it puts you in any danger at all. It's pretty much irrelevant information except to help clear you - unless you don't have a job or it's nothing to do with roleblocking or you have... AN EVIL JOB! like a bin man. So yeah, I am suspicions of you.

Wait a minute Ellmeister. There's no reason there has to be a vigilante. Just because no one else has come out as it, doesn't mean there is one and ReZ is it. He could easily be a serial killer, or the mafia killer.

And what was that Peeps, you agree with jayseven but removed your vote for no reason?

I agreed with Jayseven as a joke because he was trying to dispel any theories people were having that we are working together or something. Irony.

The day is over.

The townsfolk mulled around before cautiously deciding that they would take no action. ReZourceman could breathe a sigh of relief for one night phase..

..or could he? Or could ANY OF YOU?!

OMG! NIGHT 3 HAS BEGUN!

Night 3 is over!

The night was aflutter with activity as people ran around the town when they really should have been sleeping. Maybe a curfew would be a wise idea? If only there was a great leader to put such an idea in to effect!

The killer struck once more during the night. They approached Nintendohnut's compound, and then carefully approaching the garage door, the killer marvelled in the wonder of the town bus. Being as quiet as possible, the killer had a quick look around. There was paint, seats, toolboxes everywhere, full to the brim of bus maintenance goodies. Whilst the killer believed they had been undetected the entire time, Nintendohnut was slowly but surely creeping up on him. The bus was his livelyhood and his lifeblood, without it he'd be nothing. And without a top notch security system, he'd likely lose it. He has it put in place just weeks before when some kids threw snowballs at his windows. This was a more serious affair.

Nintendohnut was good - but not good enough. Managing to get right behind the assassin, he was about to strike when he noticed a speck of paint on the bus that wasn't there the previous day. His eyes were drawn to it - and the killer took this opportunity to turn around and crack his skull open with a wrench from the Drivers' very own toolbox.

In the morning, some of the townies queued up at the bus stop eagerly awaiting the bus journey to the daily forum, but for some reason, it just didn't turn up. People started getting angsty. Where was their precious Bus Driver? Why would he not take them to where they needed to go?! The town members grew impatient, and decided to walk to the meeting point instead. They concluded that

Nintendohnut is dead. He was the Bus Driver. He could switch two peoples' places at night. He was Good. Except for the short changing and personal tax he charged on bus fares.. but that's small fry.

---

The citizens turned up at the daily forum eventually, and just as everybody sat down to discuss their musings, the floor started shaking.

"What's going on?!" exclaimed one civilian. They all looked about in horror as they thought they'd be about to experience the first earthquake in Dystopia - but no such thing happened. Instead, slowly, out of the ground behind the meeting point appeared a skyscraper, and it slowly grew to tower over the town. A sign claimed the building was known as the Big Red Button building, which came as no surprise as there was a massive red button on the top of the building. Electric tickers informed people that emergency procedures had begun, and not to approach the building.

Guards from assembled out of nowhere to defend the building, loyal to its cause. Things started falling in to place.. was this what the Mafia were after, after all? What would this big red button do? Why is it so important?!

---

Zell has asked to be replaced in the game due to time constraints. Cube has offered to step back in and take his place. I am confident that Cube is at no advantage to anyone else despite having a previous character which is why I have given it the green light.

---

Day 4 begins naaaoooo

Player List - 18 players begun the game. 14 remain. 8 is majority:

Esequiel

Mundi

ReZourceman

Diageo

Tales

Cube (Zell)

Ellmeister

The Peeps

jayseven

EddieColeslaw

mr-paul

Shorty

Rummy

Brian Mcoy

Cube

Nintendohnut

Jonnas

MadDog

Haaaaiilll to the bus driver, bus driver, bus driver, haaaiillll to the bus driver, bus driver 'Nut.

So, ReZ, got anything to add about your "not mafia or neutral" claims?