NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Heroes of Ruin 3DS ( S-E+N-Space )

I think I'll buy it, but it's probably a "£20-25" game for me. Thanks for trying it, 'snowman.

I'm not sure it'll be better online though. From what I've played it's better single player, but maybe I'm just a loner! Hope to play it online more with you guys anyway!

Pretty sure it was £25 on amazon when I pre-ordered :p

Online and friend bonuses intrigue me tbh, also online might present the added challenge given it scales with more people apparently?

Online and friend bonuses intrigue me tbh, also online might present the added challenge given it scales with more people apparently?

Yeah, I was playing 3-player and we had loads more enemies.

So far there's nothing on my radar, online multiplayer with you guys tonight would be nice!

I see now that Amazon has it for £30! Does anyone know what happens if you pre-ordered at a cheaper price? Do they charge you the pre-order price or the new price?

I see now that Amazon has it for £30! Does anyone know what happens if you pre-ordered at a cheaper price? Do they charge you the pre-order price or the new price?

The price you preordered it at. If it went lower than you'll pay the lowest price. Play.com has put the price up as well.

Anyone up for a 7.30pm game? @\-Dem0\- I'll host one in a minute under the name "Gra". Join in!

Demo entered my game, then disappeared before I found him! My game then had an error and chucked me out. I saw you were still playing it after that, Demo, but I couldn't find you. Sorry.

Then I saw Ike came online, so I hosted a new game and went through it with him, but didn't bother getting the big sword that time! Nice to see you two anyway.

Got an error when I tried to connect to your game Grazza, worked the second time. Didn't realise you can view more pages when finding open games at first by pressing X/Y so it took a little while to find you. A friend search or the ability to join from the friend list would have been useful (unless it is in the final version).

Should be more fun when you don't lose your progress though ;)

Got an error when I tried to connect to your game Grazza, worked the second time. Didn't realise you can view more pages when finding open games at first by pressing X/Y so it took a little while to find you. A friend search or the ability to join from the friend list would have been useful (unless it is in the final version).

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise there was more than one page either.

Should be more fun when you don't lose your progress though ;)

Indeed. I love how you can get exceptional items for completing all the quests. As a Vindicator, I got a really good sword. Presumably you will be able to join your friend's games with all your best armour etc.

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise there was more than one page either.

Wasn't your fault, just wasn't clear in the game.

Anyone up for some online today? I'll check back and forth throughout the day to see if theres any replies. :)

Anyone up for some online today? I'll check back and forth throughout the day to see if theres any replies. :)
I can go on now if you're still about. :)

I can go on now if you're still about. :)

Ok, let's do it. I named my gunslinger Roland. :cool:

...Yes my game is still in sleep mode since Thursday. :heh:

Ok, let's do it. I named my gunslinger Roland. :cool:

...Yes my game is still in sleep mode since Thursday. :heh:

You hosting?

That was pretty fun. :D Some nice strategy involved too, with you shooting enemies from a distance, and me rocking the direct attacks. :cool:

Shame we entered the final area of the demo before completing all the side quests though (especially the one that rewards you with a super powerful weapon) I blame you for that though, as I was following you. :heh:

The framerate definitely takes a bit of a hit when playing this online (even with just 2 players) but it's still all right.

One thing I noticed though was that the loot doesn't seem to be shared between players, so it's whoever grabs it first. :hehe:

We split the treasure in the secret room quite evenly I think, but that would be seriously entertaining with 4 players, especially randoms. :laughing:

Edited by RedShell

Was there actually strategy involved? It was more " oh crap RedShell's killing stuff off the screen, shoot shoot shoot and maybe I'll get some exp before he cleans up again!" :laughing:

Was there actually strategy involved? It was more " oh crap RedShell's killing stuff off the screen, shoot shoot shoot and maybe I'll get some exp before he cleans up again!" :laughing:
Oh, so the EXP isn't shared either? Sorry about that. :heh:

So what do you make of this game now then, Stevo?

Will it be appearing in your collection?

I reckon I'm gonna get it, purely because there's nothing else on the way for 3DS for ages. :blank:

I didn't even know we had other quests to fulfil... sorry! Bit of a noob here. :heh:

Thought the game was pretty cool on second inspection, actually. Though wish I could zoom the camera out further! I don't know how the exp works but my instincts were that its not split...? Don't know how the mechanics of the game work yet but seeing as the loot is every man for himself, I just assumed you were getting everything. :cry:

So your progress is saved in this demo? My gunslinger started off at lvl 2. Thats a nice touch.

I didn't even know we had other quests to fulfil... sorry! Bit of a noob here. :heh:
Yeah, once you collect enough of the items from the blue sparkling areas, those floating enemies and another area of the forest, you can return to that stone head and get a special weapon.

Though wish I could zoom the camera out further!
Indeed, camera isn't great. I imagine it's worse if you're using the gunslinger too, as you can't see very far into the distance.

So your progress is saved in this demo? My gunslinger started off at lvl 2. Thats a nice touch.
Don't think so, that's probably just because your 3DS has been in sleep mode. :grin:

Don't think so, that's probably just because your 3DS has been in sleep mode. :grin:

Wonder what the level cap is then! :idea:

One thing I noticed though was that the loot doesn't seem to be shared between players, so it's whoever grabs it first. :hehe:

I suppose they want each of the four players to be a different class, so that you only take what's equippable for yours. Of course, you can take everything and sell it, but a Vindicator is too noble for that. ;)

Thought the game was pretty cool on second inspection, actually. Though wish I could zoom the camera out further!

Are you sure you can't? I thought that was one of the Options? Didn't use it personally as I wanted to see what the default was, and was happy with it. It's like Miyamoto says, resolution truly is an issue with games like this and Pikmin.

Don't think I'll be online today, sorry chaps. I'm not feeling too well.

Been playing the demo since it came out and loving it so far. Deffo purchase next weekend for me.

Is it just me or is the level in question randomly generated in some way every time?