NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Heroes of Ruin 3DS ( S-E+N-Space )

Been playing the demo since it came out and loving it so far. Deffo purchase next weekend for me.

Is it just me or is the level in question randomly generated in some way every time?

Looked like that to me. I've only played like one and half playthroughs doing some local with a dude at work. Our second was about 20min? Definitely happy I pre-ordered this, especially at £25! Apparently won't get it til Monday though, coulda used it this weekend as it's a quiet one!

Levels are randomly generated.

That's the thing with play.com, you don't know if you'll get it on release :laughing::weep:

I like the fact that the dungeons are randomly generated so that things are slightly different for multiple run-throughs but when I played the demo through a second time as the Gunslinger it flared up some camera issues, where it'd swing all over the place or put the level at strange orientations. It was manageable in the demo but I have a feeling that'll get rather annoying the more you play in the full game, especially if you've got the 3D cranked up to full.

I felt that on the character select screen the 3D is far too strong, did anybody else? It was only that screen though and after actually entering the game it was fine.

Levels are randomly generated.

That's the thing with play.com, you don't know if you'll get it on release :laughing::weep:

Switched over to amazon because to be quite frank, play have been an absolute pile of shit with every dealing I've had with them recently. Absolutely useless bastards and I'm seriously going off them.

Anybody who ordered from Play.com had theirs dispatched yet? I haven't so there's no way I'll get it by tomorrow. Means I'll miss out on the first few downloadable levels.

Me neither, I haven't received an e-mail saying it's been dispatched yet.

Mine's "Processing in warehouse" so it should ship today but unless they've improved their shipping it probably won't show up tomorrow. Knew there was a reason I didn't preorder from them.

Knew there was a reason I didn't preorder from them.

The only time I've ever received my order on release day was when I pre-ordered The Conduit. It was my first order with them and it came through my door at 9:50am on launch day, However that was the first and last time.

Btw, mines Processing in warehouse too.

Honest to god, stop shopping with Play. They're a horrendous piece of shit who after 2 months couldn't deliver my Tales of the Abyss, and wouldn't listen to any issues I had until a month had passed, at which point it was out of stock(which I foresaw), and they guaranteed me they'd have stock again within two weeks whilst their site said 6-8 weeks. I refunded that shit and went to ShopTo, it was with me within less than 24 hours. Add to this that play don't have an order cancellation facility, and still send things out even if you tell them not to, and don't refund things when they should, arrrgh! I've had nothing but bad dealings with them lately!

On the subject of dispatch though, amazon say that mine is 'Dispatching Soon', apparently have it by Monday hopefully have it by Saturday if I'm lucky!

To be fair, unless you paid extra for first class on Amazon you still won't get it on release day either.

I've had bad prior experience with ShopTo so I'm never going with them again.

I don't have many problems with Play.com but I have been hit with their "receiving stock within two weeks" meaning "never receiving stock", they're a lot like The Hut Group with that. I usually receive pre-orders on release or the day after with them though, which I think is fine for free delivery. Amazon used to be excellent but now only ever dispatch my pre-orders out on the day of release or the day before with second class postage.

@Rummy Play.com do have a cancel button, don't they?

Update: Mine is processing in warehouse too. Definitely looking like Monday-Tuesday next week. I hope we're not missing out on too much with the daily levels.

Edited by V. Amoleo

I've just got a review copy and knew very little about this, but on first look it is very very deep, using just about everything the 3DS can do!

Up for some co-op play with you guys when get yours!

I've had bad prior experience with ShopTo so I'm never going with them again.

I don't have many problems with Play.com but I have been hit with their "receiving stock within two weeks" meaning "never receiving stock", they're a lot like The Hut Group with that. I usually receive pre-orders on release or the day after with them though, which I think is fine for free delivery. Amazon used to be excellent but now only ever dispatch my pre-orders out on the day of release or the day before with second class postage.

@Rummy Play.com do have a cancel button, don't they?

Update: Mine is processing in warehouse too. Definitely looking like Monday-Tuesday next week. I hope we're not missing out on too much with the daily levels.

Not when I tried, I think if it's in stock it instantly goes to picking and you can't cancel. I sent a message which they 'aim to get back to you' within 24 hours of, 2 days later no word and still processing in warehouse, 1 day later 'your item has been dispatched!'.

I did have issue with TheHut recently too when I bought my 3DS and paid extra for delivery and it never then arrived in time for my holiday, I just bought one from Game and returned the one from TheHut in the end, but really I was quite annoyed it didn't turn up when it was supposed to! They did give me a fiver credit for their shitness though, so I wasn't too miffed.

Is it levels or challenges or a bit of both or what? I don't really know myself tbh. Woulda been nice if they maybe waited a week before starting maybe, let everyone get their hands on the game, have a bit of a mosy round get used to it etc.

Definitely thinking I'll be up for some N-E co-op though, we'll have to get some business sorted!

Not when I tried, I think if it's in stock it instantly goes to picking and you can't cancel. I sent a message which they 'aim to get back to you' within 24 hours of, 2 days later no word and still processing in warehouse, 1 day later 'your item has been dispatched!'.

Yeah, that is a bit rubbish of Play. Surely if it's not out of the door yet they should give you the option of cancelling. It saves them the hassle of having to wait for it to be returned through the post.

I did have issue with TheHut recently too when I bought my 3DS and paid extra for delivery and it never then arrived in time for my holiday, I just bought one from Game and returned the one from TheHut in the end, but really I was quite annoyed it didn't turn up when it was supposed to! They did give me a fiver credit for their shitness though, so I wasn't too miffed.

The Hut Group are terrible. They give you a cancel button but often will reject the cancellation. I should mention that while I generally dislike their service and customer support, I do still use them if they have a good deal. They've never offered me any credit for their crap though (though they once did offer a bribe for me to leave them positive feedback on their eBay outlet).

Is it levels or challenges or a bit of both or what? I don't really know myself tbh. Woulda been nice if they maybe waited a week before starting maybe, let everyone get their hands on the game, have a bit of a mosy round get used to it etc.

Definitely thinking I'll be up for some N-E co-op though, we'll have to get some business sorted!

I'm not sure what the daily stuff is. I think it's probably just challenges based on how the game is randomly generated. Probably wouldn't take much for them to do. Maybe they'll repeat the first few at the end like how Dead or Alive: Dimensions did.

I'll throw my hat into the ready-for-coop ring too. I'm not much of an online gamer but I do enjoy playing co-op!

Just got an email from play: Your order for Heroes Of Ruin (3DS) has been posted.

Nice!

I'm sorry I moaned about you the other day, Play.com.

My copy arrived today. They sent it by first class post. Have they changed the way they dispatch pre-orders? I didn't pay for the postage.

I didn't pre-order this but I'm tempted to pick it up... if they have it on the shelves at Tesco today then I'll probably buy it on impulse but otherwise I'll leave it for now... noticing a distinct lack of reviews ahead of release.

Hmm seems first review is in and it's positive...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/heroes-of-ruin

I didn't pre-order this but I'm tempted to pick it up... if they have it on the shelves at Tesco today then I'll probably buy it on impulse but otherwise I'll leave it for now... noticing a distinct lack of reviews ahead of release.

Don't now if Tesco got any becuse when Pokepark 2 and Kid Icarus Uprising they haven't got any and they said it has to be in the charts

noticing a distinct lack of reviews ahead of release.

Nintendo Gamer reviewed it in the newest issue, they put it online now.

Hmm well... if it's on the shelf at Tesco today then I'll buy it but otherwise I may just give it a miss for a while.

Went downstairs to get a drink, then BOOM! package hits the laminated floor. Heroes of Ruin is here!

Mine got dispatched from amazon yesterday! Does anyone know what class they send out their super saver packages? Tbh it was apparently posted at like 3ish in the afternoon, so may not get it til tomorrow or Monday. I'm almost tempted to go pick it up in a shop and return the amazon one to them when it gets here...

Mine got dispatched from amazon yesterday! Does anyone know what class they send out their super saver packages? Tbh it was apparently posted at like 3ish in the afternoon, so may not get it til tomorrow or Monday. I'm almost tempted to go pick it up in a shop and return the amazon one to them when it gets here...

Almost always I've had pre-orders with Super Saver Delivery be sent second class. You're probably looking at Monday unfortunately.

Just fired HoR, and 'linked my account'.

Your official website account is now linked to your Nintendo 3DS! You can now take part in daily and weekly challenges and will soon be able to track your gameplay progress directly from the website.

New challenges are available every day - the more you complete the higher you'll rank in the Wall of Champions. Check out the special website challenges while you're at it. You can also track your position on the Wall of Champions and Game Leaderboard.

You can link or unlink your account anytime from the LINK ACCOUNTS menu, found in the ACCOUNT SETTINGS MENU in the GAME MODE options.

I also got 2000 Valor aswell.