NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Heroes of Ruin 3DS ( S-E+N-Space )

Can't wait for this. Where did you read it has online multiplayer? Great idea, really show the game off.

Demo available from Nintendo 3DS eShop tomorrow

6th June 2012

Do you have what it takes to be a hero? We’re not talking about just any old hero either, but a Hero of Ruin? Well, wonder no longer - from tomorrow you will be able to find out for yourselves when the Heroes Of Ruin demo launches on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Europe.

Not had a chance to go to E3 2012 and feel like you’re missing out? Not to worry, we’ve got you covered – the demo on the eShop has the exact same content as that which E3 attendees will be getting to play on the show floor.

The demo gives you two classes to choose from, the wily Gunslinger and the noble Vindicator, both of which you’ll be able to customize to your heart’s content. However, to quote some venerable ancient wisdom, “it’s dangerous to go alone!” so we hope you’ll be pleased to hear that the demo supports drop in/drop out co-op multiplayer over both Local and WiFi for up to four players.

The demo’s quest takes place within the Elder Forest, so called from ancient times when the spectral Elders of the forest called this area home. Whether you have your Hero rush forwards to meet their destiny, or go off the beaten path and engage in side-quests, all depends on your play style as an adventurer in the world of Veil.

We’ll be posting some helpful hints for the European demo later on this week and we’ll be sharing more information about the North American demo at a later date.

source: www.heroesofruin.com/news/hor-demo-out-this-week

Edited by -Dem0-

Download the demo everyone!

EDIT: be careful peeps, you only get 6 tries for this demo, make the most of it!

Yes it's on the eShop now!

EDIT: My mistake there's no voice chat in the demo.

Edited by -Dem0-

Yes it's on the eShop now!

EDIT: My mistake there's no voice chat in the demo.

Nice. Downloading now.

Get some multiplayer going tonight?

Oh hell most-definitely yeah!

I just had a run through of the demo, it's alright. I was the gunslinger class, just running and gunning as I made my way through the forest. :D

Had a run through myself. Chose the Vindicator for a full run through and had a quick go on the Gunslinger and perhaps the main thing I've taken away from it is that the characters move too slowly for my liking. Sure, you can roll by constantly pressing R but there should be a run option as the occasional points of backtracking through the demo's dungeon did feel a bit more drawn out as a result. And the sluggish movement really shouldn't have been there for the Gunslinger, who you'd think would be quicker on the feet.

Also feel that the camera was a little iffy for me. Probably something I could get used to but did make landing the Smite attack on groups of enemies with the Vindicator a little difficult to judge.

Other than those little things, and perhaps having those two particular classes to play as when I'd have liked to try the Alchitect (especially when I kept getting gear drops for that class), the demo wasn't bad. It looks good and did play relatively well. But I'm still not sold on it completely. Only having 6 goes with the demo is a bit of a disgrace really (presumably because of online being in place) but perhaps I'll feel better about it after giving the Gunslinger a proper go and the online a try.

Get some multiplayer going tonight?

Oh hell most-definitely yeah!

What sort of time are you two thinking of playing it? I've got the demo but haven't played it yet.

I really enjoyed the demo of this. It's a bit short but confirms that I do want the game.

What sort of time are you two thinking of playing it? I've got the demo but haven't played it yet.

Probably after Mario Kart League so I was thinking around 9PM.

some personal issues have just popped up and I'm not sure I'll be at home between 7:00-10:00pm. I probably wont be able to join you guys tonight. sorry.

Well, I played the whole demo - it's pretty good! @darksnowman - it's like a real-time Etrian Odyssey! Sort of.

Hope to see some of you later.

Well, I played the whole demo - it's pretty good! @darksnowman - it's like a real-time Etrian Odyssey! Sort of.

Hope to see some of you later.

I would have ignored this demo but you just know how to pique my interest don't you, Gra. Downloading now. How do the "tries" work exactly? I need to know how to beat the system as six seems a wee bit stingy.

And I see there are quite a few demo's up! Might have to check em out some time.

Download the demo everyone!

EDIT: be careful peeps, you only get 6 tries for this demo, make the most of it!

6 uses? Good thing I have nothing else I'm playing on my 3DS, I'll just keep the demo running on stand by instead of exiting haha.

I would have ignored this demo but you just know how to pique my interest don't you, Gra. Downloading now. How do the "tries" work exactly? I need to know how to beat the system as six seems a wee bit stingy.

Just leave it in Sleep Mode. Personally, I'm treating it as six day's use. That said, the more I play it, the more I like it! Pretty sure I'll buy it!

Pretty good! It's a shame they didn't allow the mage class in the demo so we got a taste of melee, ranged and magic.

Camera is a bit funny but that's my only complaint. Managed to die once as both classes as I adjusted to the controls, but it's shaping up pretty well! I just hope enough people buy it..

Well, had an online game! My first ever! I didn't recognise any names, so I joined "ikan's" game, hoping it might be @Ike! We were joined by another chap, egor. Didn't see a "Stevo", I'm afraid!

Even in their game, you have to activate the quests if you want to do them. Otherwise you just follow the other person about. Hope I didn't break any etiquette, but as I say I'm new to this. It would be good if one of us could host a game at some point, then three others could join in.

Had a couple of goes on this now, OMG only 4 uses left! :heh:

The first time through I was like "what the hell is this crap!?", it seemed like a right mess. :blank: But played through it again just now, and started to quite enjoy it. :hehe:

I wish the character customization was a bit more in-depth, and that the game had a bit more polish to its presentation. But I'm liking the fact that it will support SpotPass for a year after launch, and that the dungeon layouts are randomly generated each time.

Still not sure if I'm interested enough to pick up the full game, but seeing as there's nothing else on the horizon in the near future for 3DS, I may just end up getting this. :smile:

Well, had an online game! My first ever! I didn't recognise any names, so I joined "ikan's" game, hoping it might be @Ike! We were joined by another chap, egor. Didn't see a "Stevo", I'm afraid!

Wasn't me :( Got dragged into doing something else, but hopefully play some online tomorrow or over the weekend.

I had a run through it earlier as a Gunslinger. :cool: Died twice cos I couldn't figure out how to heal! The game made me think how smooth and unclunky a new Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game could be.

The 3DS is currently closed with the game still running to preserve my tries.

Didn't go online with it tonight but hopefully if we don't use up all our tries we will get a game over the weekend...?

Had a couple of goes on this now, OMG only 4 uses left! :heh:

The first time through I was like "what the hell is this crap!?", it seemed like a right mess. :blank: But played through it again just now, and started to quite enjoy it. :hehe:

I wish the character customization was a bit more in-depth, and that the game had a bit more polish to its presentation. But I'm liking the fact that it will support SpotPass for a year after launch, and that the dungeon layouts are randomly generated each time.

Still not sure if I'm interested enough to pick up the full game, but seeing as there's nothing else on the horizon in the near future for 3DS, I may just end up getting this. :smile:

My opinion is pretty much inline with yours except I doubt I'll get the full game. :heh:

The run through I had I thought was pretty crap but hey, atleast I got to try before buying. However, reading here that you's are enjoying it, I wouldn't mind trying the online and now I've learned the dungeons/ areas are randomly generated I'm thinking this game could be alright if I could connect with it. I wasn't captured by the feel of the world and wasn't particularly attached to my character - but I did like his maniacal laugh when throwing a grenade. :grin:

Has the full game a story or is this just a do quest, get loot type of game? I'm gonna reserve my judgement until I hopefully get a game of this online with you lot. If it seems addictive and fun then who am I to reject an S-E game. :heh:

Didn't go online with it tonight but hopefully if we don't use up all our tries we will get a game over the weekend...?

I can be around tonight from about 7.30-9.30pm. Who wants to host? If people get back to me I'll guarantee a specific time I'll be hosting a game.

Has the full game a story or is this just a do quest, get loot type of game? I'm gonna reserve my judgement until I hopefully get a game of this online with you lot. If it seems addictive and fun then who am I to reject an S-E game. :heh:

Seems to have a story. The bosses are introduced very much in the same manner as Ocarina of Time.

It's really my cup of tea! The best 3DS demo I've tried. An action RPG where you can do a lot of quests, upgrade your weapons and armour etc. Just my thing! All the weapons and armour are visible in-game too, like Dragon Quest IX. I think I'll buy it, but it's probably a "£20-25" game for me. Thanks for trying it, 'snowman.

I'm not sure it'll be better online though. From what I've played it's better single player, but maybe I'm just a loner! Hope to play it online more with you guys anyway!