NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Misheard Movie/Song Lines

I've been watching a few scenes from The Dark Knight on Youtube, and I came across this one scene which just absolutely killed me.

The scene itself just highlights how awful Bale's voice is in the film. However, it was the second comment under the video which cracked me up.

"1:37 "You'll pee in a vat of jello forever.""

I've watched that scene over and over, and I don't actually know what the intended line was meant to be now. I just hear/see this one. :heh:

Any other misheard lines that have tickled you?

You'll be in a padded cell forever...

But now I can't unhear the other one. That's brilliant!

Hmm/. I can't actually hear the fake one tbh. But I do like this kind of thing. I have some but can't remember. Lemme ponder on it.

I actually hear "You're a peanut butter cello forever" ::shrug:

ooooooooor

Edited by drahkon

There was this song by Tsunami Bomb with the line "breaking myself away from the chain", but for a while I thought it was "drinking myself away... vomitting". Much less pleasant.

And a Slipknot song that repeats "Fuck me! I'm all out of enemies", my friends and I used to joke in school that it sounded like "Fuck me, lord of the wildebeest". Which wouldn't have been surprising tbf.

I actually hear "You're a peanut butter cello forever" ::shrug:

ooooooooor

Those are so funny. It actually sounds like both.

I remember a similar SSBB video featuring lyrics mostly relevant to Smash Bros...

Yeah, it was this one.

"My voice is gone for screaming and my body aches from giving them head".

Which would be a far better version than the original.

Oasis - Wonderwall.

"You're gonna be the one at Sainsburys"

Yup! I heard that as well when I was younger.

When I was younger and I heard Nelly Furtado's I'm Like A Bird, I used to hear:

I'm like a bird

I only fly away

I don't know where my soul is

I don't know where my hole is (it's supposed to be "I don't know where my home is)

The most recent one is Lady Gaga's Scheibe where a few of us here thought she said "I wish that I could dance on a single bed" but she says "I wish that I could dance on a single prayer"

My favourite off the top of my head is when chair thought the line in Northern Lad by Tori Amos was

'when you're only wed because of the ring'

(the actual line is 'when you're only wet because of the rain')

What's brilliant is that it fits the (point of the) song perfectly. I actually like it AS much as the original. Though the real one is more explicitly about sex and Chair's version is more sentimental and about the general view of a relationship.

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up

The line sounds like "When I grow up I wanna have boobies" and that's what everyone thinks, but it's actually "I wanna have groupies".

When I was younger and I heard Nelly Furtado's I'm Like A Bird, I used to hear:

I'm like a bird

I only fly away

I don't know where my soul is

I don't know where my hole is (it's supposed to be "I don't know where my home is)

And all this time I thought it was Out like a bird. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. I never paid it much attention :laughing:

The line sounds like "When I grow up I wanna have boobies" and that's what everyone thinks, but it's actually "I wanna have groupies".

Well heeeeeeey! I wondered why they got away with playing it on an advert for Just Dance 2 on the TV at work. I would always listen close to make sure I wasn't hearing it wrong but I guess I was the whole time. Hah!

Well heeeeeeey! I wondered why they got away with playing it on an advert for Just Dance 2 on the TV at work. I would always listen close to make sure I wasn't hearing it wrong but I guess I was the whole time. Hah!

Yeah I had no idea either until someone told me and I still struggle to hear 'groupies'.

I used to think the chorus was "I think I've had a deep fried mouse" when I first heard this song. Obviously I know that would make little sense, but you never know with the crap that's on the radio nowadays

When this was on the radio I heard it as:

And now you wanna pretend that you're a superstar

And now you want us to end what's taken you this far

Don't tell me that you're done as far as we go

You need to have a sit down with your eagle.

When everyone's gone and you're all by yourself

you know that you're gonna come to me for help

Don't tell me that its time for going solo

You need to knock some sense into your eagle

Me too. Obviously I knew it was Ego but always heard Eagle! :D

I don't really know if this would count but my mate's sister once asked why Rihanna was asking her gran what her name was...

Oh na na' date=' what's my name[/quote']

I lol'd because her face was serious when she wondered that out-loud.

The only thing I can remember.. But god damn that tuts my barreh video will never get old. It's a master piece.