NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Half Life 2

I got this for my x box the other day and it is so incredibly awesome. it is not as good as the pc version as it has the odd technical problem and such but valve have pulled off one of the best conversions ever imo. graphics are still excellent, havok physics are all present and correct and the full campaign is there- unlike doom 3 which was trimmed down. mmmm. half life.

so, anyone else got it?

Yeah!!! I can't believe the lack of discussion there has been for this game because its fantastic. Its not just the shooting either -the adventuring and platforming aspects of it also make it brill(and the driving). Its like a collection of all the best bits of other games. i'd say if u have to get one game this christmas u should probably go 4 this-(but it hasn't got multiplayer i don't think)

Yeah the game looks awesome! I actually thought it hadnt been released yet because of how so few where talking about it.

Odd, I have to play Half Life 2 (couldnt on PC cause my PC is shit) so i might get it for xbox as i loved half life 1 and all of the expansions when i had it for PC.

im getting Halflife 2 for xmas :D cant wait to play it at long last

wouldve got it for PC if it wasnt out of date grrr :(

I love the pc version and play spent more hours on its team deathmatch than on any other online game.

Using a analogue controller would ruin it for me after using keyboard and mouse setup.

you'd be surprised how good it feels on a pad actually. that's to say, you'd be surprised if it wasnt valve. they're so good to me...:)

completed it today :D amzing game gunna complete again one day once i play battlefield 2, burnout revenge and far cry instincts a bit more :)

About time it made it to consoles. The reason for so little conversation is because it's been out on PC for over a year.

It's a great achievement for XBOX though, Aftermath the first expansion is out in April. Can't wait for that.

Can you just stick this into your 360 and it will play? (like Halo/Halo 2). The only reason i haven't bought it, is because Microsfot haven't updated there website for you to obtain that disc to help you play BC games.

I tried burning my own disk but it didn't work, i don't like that idea anyway! :)

Can you just stick this into your 360 and it will play? (like Halo/Halo 2). The only reason i haven't bought it, is because Microsfot haven't updated there website for you to obtain that disc to help you play BC games.

I tried burning my own disk but it didn't work, i don't like that idea anyway! :)

As long as your connected to life when you put it in, the 360 will download the emulator and allow you to play it. Thats what I did and it worked fine. Apparently this game is also due out on the PS3.

Valve haven't licenced the Source engine for Sony's use or for their consoles in general. It's more Sony bull shit... as usual.

Besides, they would have to do an entire engine rebuild for it to work on PS3.

Valve haven't licenced the Source engine for Sony's use or for their consoles in general. It's more Sony bull shit... as usual.

Besides, they would have to do an entire engine rebuild for it to work on PS3.

I didnt really believe it myself but thought It was worth posting anyway

As long as your connected to life when you put it in, the 360 will download the emulator and allow you to play it. Thats what I did and it worked fine. Apparently this game is also due out on the PS3.

Haven't got live sadly. I hope Microsoft don't keep doing things where you must have live to get the best out of it! Not everyone can get it or afford it, the whole set-up seems pretty expensive to me, seeing as though i would only use it for game downloads and downloading the arcade games. :D

Haven't got live sadly. I hope Microsoft don't keep doing things where you must have live to get the best out of it! Not everyone can get it or afford it, the whole set-up seems pretty expensive to me, seeing as though i would only use it for game downloads and downloading the arcade games. :D

Its not really that expensive, £40 for a year is pretty cheap.

Yeah £40 a year is a pretty good deal really. Live is one of the only reasons to own an XBOX. XBOX is Live, Live is XBOX.

The others are right - really, if you have broadband, all you need is the ?40 for the year and the applicable cables or whatever to hook it up. Im strongly considering it for the content download; I was excited about FFXI until the mention of monthly fees on Live came up....

Having said that, the plan is for the emulators to be made available to download and burn to CD ROM to use in the xbox, or to pay a couple of quid and have them posted on a CD to your house. I assume by your post that that isnt in place yet...I will have to enquire about it.

EDIT - Actually, I just found a link to the download HERE

EDIT (again) - Hmm, I see you already tried that...Sorry then! Do you want to try ordering one of their discs? Bear in mind that not all games are Backwards Compatible yet, so you may want to check that the game is supported before going through the rigamarole of contacting them etc.

________

NEVADA MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Edited by Johelian

^ I keep considering it, maybe i'll do it at the end of the year. I'm more worried about the Xbox360 releases, there seems to be alot over the next couple of months and that will be extremely expensive, i've also got my 26'' Samsung LCD to pay for! So many expenses! :D

I definately better get in contact with Microsoft to get one of these emulator discs. I really want to play Half-Life 2, and it will be good for the future as well, when hopefuly more recent releases are put on the BC list.

;)

^ I keep considering it, maybe i'll do it at the end of the year. I'm more worried about the Xbox360 releases, there seems to be alot over the next couple of months and that will be extremely expensive, i've also got my 26'' Samsung LCD to pay for! So many expenses! :D

I definately better get in contact with Microsoft to get one of these emulator discs. I really want to play Half-Life 2, and it will be good for the future as well, when hopefuly more recent releases are put on the BC list.

;)

You should've got Live before the HDTV.

The telly is a luxury, Live is an essential.

Live is the only way to make sure the emulator you have is constantly upgraded. If you get a disc from MS, you wil need one everytime they update the list.

Live is the only way to make sure the emulator you have is constantly upgraded. If you get a disc from MS, you wil need one everytime they update the list.

I just ordered the CD for £2, not a bad price and at least i can play Half-Life 2, contridicting myself on what i said earlier, i really didn't buy the Xbox360 to play Xbox games; most of the fantastic Xbox games i either bought, completed or just played them over the course of a few months then traded them in for a new release. There isn't many future Xbox games i want either, so if this disk does need updating, i won't complain as it cost only £2.

Now where can i find Half Life 2 VERY cheap????? :wink:

Live doesn't really appeal to me as much as a new TV at the mo! I want the full HD graphics of the 360 games to be shown, get all my set-up complete, get March out of the way (which seems to be the busiest month), change my broadband when the contract runs out and then get Xbox-Live! So it cannot be till Winter 2006 at least! :wink:

owen, instead of buying 1 of the launch games u have live for a year, our getting a a HD-TV and stuff, please dont say you cant afford it...

Now where can i find Half Life 2 VERY cheap????? :wink:

On PC? ;)

*15 characters!*

On PC? ;)

*15 characters!*

Jordan is very much correct. The prices of these online shops nowadays........

Sign in to follow this