NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Colin

Its Not a Game

http://www.itsnotagame.org/

Suppose we should discuss this anti-knife advert.

Do you believe that they've used typical associations with videogames here on purpose, or are they just trying to get the point across?

Hahah looks like GTA :)

It's very effective, but it is a little stereotypical. Just because i play Day of Defeat Source doesn't mean i'm gunna go around France hitting people with spades (yes, the German's have spades as their melee weapon :P)

Thought it was pretty original idea for it.

Although I agree with Jordan in that it is only a small/none existent minority that are spurred onto taking weapons out with them, however this could just stop people who do bring knives out becasue they think they are hard stop.

Maybe they should promote Unreal more because the weapons are made up so no stupid ass chav can walk around and whip out his ion painter/flak cannon and kill people

Why do the Germans have spades?

*shrug* American's have knives, but i think they had them to dig trenches etc. It's just a funny little weapon i suppose.

in the ww1 trenches they all used spades- specially sharpened on the edges to be used like an axe. probably the same idea in ww2.

but yeah, the advert was quite clever. not as good as other campaign ads though- drink driving etc.

It's done quite well, i like the way if keeps flashing back to the game then back to real life.

Sign in to follow this