NEurope

Legend. I love looking at those photos

store6no9.jpg

hahahahahahahahha

WOW! OMG!!! That's crazy, I can recognize the park I used to train at, the harbour, the apartements, ect. WOW!

japan rocks, now I feel like playing shenmue again

haha those pics are pretty cool. I might dig out shenmue and my DC now actually...

They should remake Shenmue 1 and 2 in the future for sure. :)

I think i'll start playing this again within the next few days.I started Shenmue II last summer and I haven't got back to it.I was just finished the 2nd disc and switched it but I buggered it up and didn't save it in a while :heh:

I really would love to see Shenmue 1 and 2 remade if we arent going to see Shenmue 3. The first game is one of my favourites ever, I loved playing it, wandering around and feeling like you actually knew the place and all the people knew you.

Yakuza is the nearest, made by Sega, but more of a mix between GTA and Shenmue, from what I hear. I didn't buy it.

I have Yakuza. It's more like GTA than Shenmue. It's a good game. I'd recommend it.

there was an old F.R.E.E game on the PS2, i can't remember the name of it but it involved the main character going back in time to prevent his own murder, and if you met up with your previous self it would end the game for some reason. Anyways thats all i can think of right now

I've been re-watching "Twin Peaks" over the past week and it has a very similar tone to "Shenmue". Almost as if "Shenmue" were a videogame version of the show. Might only be me who notices the connection, would be interesting to know if Yu Suzuki is a fan.

Anyone else a fan of both and notice any similarities?

SEGA TGS 2007 lineup!

guess this is fake as Shenmue 3 is listed. source is http://www.gamebrink.com

Alien Syndrome (Wii,PSP)

After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP)

Beijing 2008: the Official Videogame of the Olympic Games (PS2,Xbox360,PS3,Wii,PSP,NDS,PC)

ChuChu Rocket! (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP)

Fighters Megamix 2 (Xbox360,PS3)

Ghost Squad (Wii)

Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)

Jet Set Radio Next (Xbox360,PS3)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii,NDS)

Medieval II: Total War KingdomsVisit (PC)

Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii)

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2,Xbox360,PC)

Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)

Sega Classics Collection 2 (PS2,PSP)

Sega Rally Revo (Xbox360,PS3,PSP,PC)

Sega Superstar 2 (Wii)

---------------------

Shenmue 3 (Xbox360)

---------------------

Shenmue I & II Plus (Xbox360)

Skies of Arcadia 2 (Wii)

Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)

Sonic Rush Adventure (NDS)

Sonic the RPG (Xbox360,PS3)

Space Channel 5 Part3 (Xbox360,PS3)

Space Channel 5 Showtime (Wii,NDS,PSP)

The Club (Xbox360,PS3,PC)

The Golden Compass (PS2,PC,NDS,Xbox360,PSP,PS3,Wii)

The House of the Dead 4 (Xbox360,PS3)

Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox360,PC)

Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox360,PS3)

Virtua Fighter Kids 2 (Wii)

Worldwide Soccer Manager Live (Xbox360,PC)

Yakuza 3 (PS3)

That also says Skies of Arcadia II for Wii which I dunno, can we really allow ourselves to believe...? :blank:

there's two flaws on that list... One... too many projects at once, I don't think Sega has that kind of development budget, or available teams.

Space Channel 5 for X360, PS3 and another one for DS, PSP and Wii? (are they taking the piss at Wii?) and... can ex-UGA develop 2 separate entries in the series at once spanning over 5 platforms? and... are they that confident about Space Channel 5 actually selling through the roof considering some of those markets?

Virtua Fighters Kids 2 for the Wii, seems like taking the piss again.

Shenmue 1 and 2... well... if Space Channel is multiplatform, and these would have to be ported for X360 just the same... being based upon a ancient engine now... why not beefing it up for all systems available? Shenmue needs the biggest market possible. Shenmue 3, again... they must have time, specially considering Yu Suzuki is still alledgedly doing Shenmue Online, outside of Japan (and AM2)

Second... Yakuza is know by having a load of members from the Shenmue Team... should Sega be developing a Yakuza 3 it if they were doing a Shenmue 3?

Fishy, very fishy... specially when I think the list gives of some opinions from the guy who made it.

SEGA TGS 2007 lineup!

guess this is fake as Shenmue 3 is listed. source is http://www.gamebrink.com

Alien Syndrome (Wii,PSP)

After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP)

Beijing 2008: the Official Videogame of the Olympic Games (PS2,Xbox360,PS3,Wii,PSP,NDS,PC)

ChuChu Rocket! (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)

Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP)

Fighters Megamix 2 (Xbox360,PS3)

Ghost Squad (Wii)

Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (Xbox Live Arcade,PC)

Jet Set Radio Next (Xbox360,PS3)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii,NDS)

Medieval II: Total War KingdomsVisit (PC)

Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii)

Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2,Xbox360,PC)

Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)

Sega Classics Collection 2 (PS2,PSP)

Sega Rally Revo (Xbox360,PS3,PSP,PC)

Sega Superstar 2 (Wii)

---------------------

Shenmue 3 (Xbox360)

---------------------

Shenmue I & II Plus (Xbox360)

Skies of Arcadia 2 (Wii)

Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)

Sonic Rush Adventure (NDS)

Sonic the RPG (Xbox360,PS3)

Space Channel 5 Part3 (Xbox360,PS3)

Space Channel 5 Showtime (Wii,NDS,PSP)

The Club (Xbox360,PS3,PC)

The Golden Compass (PS2,PC,NDS,Xbox360,PSP,PS3,Wii)

The House of the Dead 4 (Xbox360,PS3)

Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox360,PC)

Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox360,PS3)

Virtua Fighter Kids 2 (Wii)

Worldwide Soccer Manager Live (Xbox360,PC)

Yakuza 3 (PS3)

Thats some funny shit right there

^

I'd be so incredibly happy if Shenmue 1 & 2 plus and Shenmue III really did get released.

IGN did a 2 page feature on Shenmue 1&2 plus whether they think Shenmue 3will happen or not:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811423p1.html

It's kinda funny, I've been listening to the soundtrack for Shenmue 2 today (is that not one of the most beautiful game OST's you've ever heard?) and it's just got me back to thinking about this series. There's such a huge number of Shenmue fansites around the net, and the discussion rages on - I simply cannot believe that this game will not return. If Sega can bring back NiGHTS, then surely there's a place for Shenmue?

I don't care what console it turns up on, if Sega put it on the PS3 I'll buy one, simple as. I'd dearly love to see a set including the first two games too, as well as the third.

I dunno, I just have this feeling that some news will be forthcoming sooner or later. Eternal optimism I suppose...but I dunno....

"Airing out the books" on the Shenmue 2 OST is just lovely. Sorry I'm rambling. :blush:

Hey all. I don't post here regularly anymore but I felt obliged to share this with you having remembered the many of you here who also always shared my passion for Shenmue.

I'm in Tokyo at the moment for three months and today I decided to finally go visit Dobuita!

It was surreal to be there, so glad that I went :D I found it suprising how the majority of the locals were American and the place is full of American bars. It must be because Yokosuka is an American Military base. Anyway, I didn't get there till late in the evening so unfortunately didn't have enough time to try and see the harbour or the neighbourhood where ryo's house was.

dobuita003ff2.jpg

dobuita009ze6.jpg

dobuita006da2.jpg

dobuita007qf1.jpg

dobuita014ne5.jpg

dobuita017hx9.jpg

I found it suprising how the majority of the locals were American and the place is full of American bars. It must be because Yokosuka is an American Military base.
Is it full of, erm... AMERICAN SAILORS? :D

spot_shenmue07.jpg

Congrats in actually going there, enjoy it for our share too :) (And I don't mean the sailors)

Awesome pictures. It's one of the places in Japan I want to go take a look at when I have the time and money.