NEurope
Hamishmash

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn

I'll only go watch it if it's inspired by these:

So proud of my heritage. *wipes tear*

I'm not entirely sure why they don't just use the actors themselves, if they're going to make it look the way it does...

I think that's partly why I was a bit underwhelmed.

Well that, and the fact that Pirates 3 pretty much beat them to the set piece of that teaser 5 years ago!

Also, his hair didn't look right.

I like that they've gone for animation. Makes it more comic-booky or whatever which stays true to the original books. There would be a lot more complaints about looks if they used live action... this way, fans of the series can see the actual characters as they've always looked.

Although if they had gone with live action...

S5BenLinus.jpg

You can't look more Tintin than that.

I think this looks cool. I'll definitely check it out when it shows up in cinemas.

It is an interesting trailer. In the books it is based on, you never see a pirate ship in the desert but they do have some hallucinations in the desert so that's what I'm assuming it is.

Oh yeah, that opening really was awesome, wasn't it? :grin:

YES! Though now I'm bugged I couldn't find it myself ...

*enters thread*

*watches trailer*

2edpg9e.jpg

My friend jumped on my back and shouted into my ear that the trailer was released today. I just stared at him blankly until he walked off.

That trailer looked absolute shite. Teasers are meant to make you want more, not go "... Ok." and then walk off.

Yes you can! Complete with a look of gay mystique.

tintincx9.jpg

I think it'll probably flop but I don't really care because I tend to love flops like Scott Pilgrim and Speed Racer. :P

I'm just happy people are talking about Tintin again. Seriously... my Tintin fandom goes beyond Nintendo tenfold.

The trailer looks really good. I have some Tin Tin photos from a Belgian restaurant in Eastbourne.

300922756.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305705466&Signature=HY7J4MO8cVLUmKSFk2MwAB5o2ko%3D

300922629.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305705475&Signature=96UsBcJVz0gRUT%2FkSyhzfzkg8xQ%3D

300922134.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305705474&Signature=ggXGHjM%2BF%2BY8LX3FMLX9PU8saso%3D

300921893.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1305705469&Signature=LekjfsxQuwQrWXu5r1a7RB6kQY8%3D

Speaking of real life Tintins, I think Russell Tovey (Being Human, The History Boys) looked pretty good when he played Tintin on stage a few years ago.

kenton_tintin3.jpg

I recently watched "The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec" which felt very Tin Tin. I'm a bit worried that it might have spoilt this for me.

Frankly I think Luc Besson's quirkiness suits the genre a little better.

Speaking of real life Tintins, I think Russell Tovey (Being Human, The History Boys) looked pretty good when he played Tintin on stage a few years ago.

kenton_tintin3.jpg

Was that Tintin in Tibet? I went to see an adaptation of that for stage a few years back; it was fantastic.

Anyway BOO-YAH, first I've heard of this and the production team working on it makes me do little jig of excitement. Collected pretty much all the Tintin books when I was little and loved watching the cartoon boxset at university, the voice work was hilarious. I can't remember, does Secret of the Unicorn feature my favourite villain Allan? Also I guess there must be plans for a sequel based on Red Rackham's Treasure.

Anyway BOO-YAH, first I've heard of this and the production team working on it makes me do little jig of excitement. Collected pretty much all the Tintin books when I was little and loved watching the cartoon boxset at university, the voice work was hilarious. I can't remember, does Secret of the Unicorn feature my favourite villain Allan? Also I guess there must be plans for a sequel based on Red Rackham's Treasure.

I was under the impression this film covered that entire story arc?

Didn't know about the motion capture bit. Not happy about it.

Still gonna go see it as soon as it comes out because I love Tintin (even if it is one dimentional), but... live action would suit the series better.

Was that Tintin in Tibet? I went to see an adaptation of that for stage a few years back; it was fantastic.

This film covers both and also parts of The Crab With the Golden Claws (mainly the Haddock-introducing segments).

Didn't know about the motion capture bit. Not happy about it.

Still gonna go see it as soon as it comes out because I love Tintin (even if it is one dimentional), but... live action would suit the series better.

I'm not mo caps biggest fan but I really don't think live action would do Tintin justice. The world Hergé's creates has a very specific style and you can tell this movie is being faithful to that "cartoony but accurate" world.

Sequel confirmed.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1218772p1.html

Peter Jackson's Next Film is Tintin 2

Spielberg claims an outline is already completed.

"Peter's doing it," Spielberg said in a recent interview with Total Film. "I wanted to do it, but Peter has to because we made a deal. I said, 'I'll direct the first one, you direct the second one.' And Peter, of course, is going to do it right after he finishes photography on The Hobbit. He'll go right into the 31, 21 days of performance capture... We're not telling the world what books we're basing the second movie on yet."