NEurope
Cube

Injunctions - This Is Just Getting Stupid

The strangest thing is that the footballer in question has so much respect that the affair would have had little affect on his reputation. Now he's done this everyone is just going to hate him.

exactly... most people are human and can work out that people make mistakes. Just going about like an asshole suing everyone and being so immensely secretive about it just makes people want to gossip/slander the affected person more!

Honestly I think that he should drop the case completely, twitter is under US laws, so they won't care about one footballer throwing a hissy fit. I'd be surprised if twitter do anything at all.

I personally would say if you're a celebrity - it comes with the territory, don't want people snooping, don't become world famous...duh!

..and I know, I know, it's all well and good saying that, but honestly, it really is that simple. If you want to be rich and keep out the papers, be a business man/woman, not some flashy celebrity on the red carpet or whatever. Pssh.

I have no sympathy, I probably should..but I just c-can't..

IIRC they will be able to make Twitter abide by the UK laws because it is being made available here. Not sure how much though considering Twitter can hardly be held responsible for what everyone posts. I Imogen CTB must be pretty pissed off by now though.

IIRC they will be able to make Twitter abide by the UK laws because it is being made available here. Not sure how much though considering Twitter can hardly be held responsible for what everyone posts. I Imogen CTB must be pretty pissed off by now though.

I'm just spouting what I keep repeatedly hearing on the radio. La la laaaa.

Maybe I don't recall correctly then!

No you are right as far as I know. Also, Twitter is responsible because whether or not they are aware of the post or whether they can stop people doing it or not, they are the people who are publishing the words, and therefore they can be sued.

Honestly I think that he should drop the case completely, twitter is under US laws, so they won't care about one footballer throwing a hissy fit. I'd be surprised if twitter do anything at all.

I personally would say if you're a celebrity - it comes with the territory, don't want people snooping, don't become world famous...duh!

..and I know, I know, it's all well and good saying that, but honestly, it really is that simple. If you want to be rich and keep out the papers, be a business man/woman, not some flashy celebrity on the red carpet or whatever. Pssh.

I have no sympathy, I probably should..but I just c-can't..

I agree, it does come with the territory. It's also a good tip not to shag about.

But seriously who gives a toss who's shagging who? As long as it isn't your other half it's none of your business.

303973020.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306085097&Signature=AnRs2JDznRY5rUNv%2BODd%2BerXPF4%3D

well if anyone doubted who it was cats out of the bag..

On 22 May 2011 the Scottish newspaper Sunday Herald published on its front page a photo of Ryan Giggs[37], the footballer alleged to have had an affair with Imogen Thomas. The picture showed Giggs with eyes blanked across and the caption "censored". The editor, Richard Walker, stated that as the injunction applied only in England and Wales, and the paper was not sold outside Scotland, he did not believe that this breached the injunction

who cares in the end of the day. Giggs made a mistake in cheating and in getting the injunction because its made the public more interested. I bet half the people who are going around slaggin him off have cheated before.

Still a legend.

So funny hearing the reactions of people with this compared to Ashley Cole etc.

who cares in the end of the day. Giggs made a mistake in cheating and in getting the injunction because its made the public more interested. I bet half the people who are going around slaggin him off have cheated before.

But that's just it, nobody cares about him cheating, they care that we have a legal system that allows rich celebrities to stop people from talking about things they don't want them to talk about and send them to jail if they do.

damn right they're getting paid enough so they may damn well put up with the gossipmongering *shakes fist*

The strangest thing is that the footballer in question has so much respect that the affair would have had little affect on his reputation. Now he's done this everyone is just going to hate him.

This is why I don't get why anyone would bother with an injunction. I quite liked Ryan Giggs, if I heard he ploughed Imogen like a randy stag in rut, then I'd be slightly disappointed but life goes on. But by blocking it and then trying to sue anyone who talks about it he just looks like whiny little cock. It also makes an interesting case study of the Streisand Effect.

damn right they're getting paid enough so they may damn well put up with the gossipmongering *shakes fist*

I don;t think you can blame footballers for getting paid the sums they do. In the end of the day its a job which they are particularly good at and if the clubs are willing to pay them that amount of money thats the clubs decision. I know if I got offered a contract with x amount of money im not gonna say no I think your paying me too much here.

I don;t think you can blame footballers for getting paid the sums they do. In the end of the day its a job which they are particularly good at and if the clubs are willing to pay them that amount of money thats the clubs decision. I know if I got offered a contract with x amount of money im not gonna say no I think your paying me too much here.

No but one of the reasons they get so much money is because they are in the public eye and are made out to be heroes with the public. (Not just footballers, a lot of celebrities use the media to their own gain.) So if they are happy with that then they should take the good with the bad. You can't use the media to make your millions and then use your millions to control what people talk about.

I have wondered why papers haven't done things like this. Such as showing a picture of the Man U line up and blacking out Giggs. Would that be breaking the law?

That front page is incredible. It only happens ocassionally, but when the media does something right, it does it so well.

Strange crackdown on Giggs here, I'm pretty sure he got the injunctions to stop from the 'allegations' leaking, which is fair enough surely? He wants to sue because he denies the claims, and he might well be innocent.

That front page is incredible. It only happens ocassionally, but when the media does something right, it does it so well.

*muffled disagreement*

It's all over, everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. You can now all happily say that Ryan Giggs shagged Imogen Thomas with no fear of reprisal. Now can we change this stupid law.