NEurope
Jamba

Crush 3D

Jubilation!

One of my favourite PSP games is being remade for the 3DS. Now I know that people will moan about remakes but I don't care cos the 3D is going to be awesome with this AND very few people have played it.

To top it off it's coming on September 9th! Watch the video and enjoy some platform puzzling goodness :bouncy:

Sega today formally unveiled Crush3D (geddit?), the 3DS remake of 2007's perspective-shifting PSP puzzle-platformer, Crush. With the announcement, the publisher released a handful of screenshots and a debut trailer, and pinned the game to a September 6 launch in North America (September 9 in Europe and Australia).

Not only does it add 3D graphics, but this reimagining of Crush has also undergone a fairly significant aesthetic change. Gone are the dark and dreary environments of the original game, replaced by a much less stressful jewel-toned palette. Check out Crush3D's brightened-up locales in the new screenshots below and video after the jump.

gamcrush3dannc530.jpg

23004crush3d-announcement-screen-02.jpg

23006crush3d-announcement-screen-03a.jpg23007crush3d-announcement-screen-03b.jpg

23009crush3d-announcement-screen-04a.jpg23010crush3d-announcement-screen-04b.jpg

It's just a little crush...

Did I watch a review of the PSP one on GT at some point? Kind of rings a bell but then the screenshots don't look that familiar. ::shrug:

Shalalala... shalalala...

Any time I hear the word "crush" I think of the same song :heh: I'm not really sure what to make of those pictures, though..

well this would finally be a reason to get a 3DS for me. I loved the original and remember posting way back when the 3DS was announced that I'd want to see a game where your constantly shifting perspectives in a clever way and this game is it, by far one of my favourite PSP games.

Confirmation of Streetpass from Sega.com

STREETPASS – use the groundbreaking STREETPASS functionality to exchange gifts with your friends and earn Gift Points to unlock more exclusive bonuses!

And Nando.... be generous about the screenshots and remember it's a port of a game that has amazing mechanics. And then remember who the publisher is.

Edited by Jamba

The trailer makes me wish Fez would finally be released.

I remember reading/watching a review of Crush for the PSP ages ago. Guess there's not much point in getting it now that there's going to be a remake. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

I'm really not a fan of the graphics, though. The design of everything looks terrible.

I'm really not a fan of the graphics, though. The design of everything looks terrible.

I think the original looks better, the 3DS port is rather more lurid. The 'dreariness' was fairly intrinsic to the overall tone; I'm wondering if they've changed the plot, too.

The trailer makes me wish Fez would finally be released.

I remember reading/watching a review of Crush for the PSP ages ago. Guess there's not much point in getting it now that there's going to be a remake. I'll have to keep an eye on this.

I'm not a fan of this ports graphics either it looks better on PSP to be honest, still its all about the mechanics;

3DS

gamcrush3dannc530.jpg

PSP

crush_scrn3.jpg

crush_288x288.jpg

I'd say there is still a reason to buy it to be honest. I bought for it for £5 new from gamestation about 3 years ago so bet it can be bought even cheaper now.

It looks hard. :(

Yeah it does get brutally hard later on. Will confess not completed it unlikely I ever without resorting to a faq.

Released January 13th in Europe :-

CRUSH™3D, the critically acclaimed puzzle platformer game, redesigned for Nintendo 3DS will hit stores on January 10, 2012, for North America and January 13 for Europe. Help Danny solve brain-teasing puzzles by ‘crushing’ your way from a 2-dimensional to a 3-dimensional world and back again with the touch of a button.

Hmm... not a fan of the visuals.

Also Pullblox is gonna be where the puzzles are at once I'm back on my 3DS!

Edited by Retro_Link

This one dropped in price quickly!

£12.95 at TheHut

Good reviews out there, so I've ordered a copy for myself. Probably a game I'll play through once or 100% complete, and then sell.

£4.99 delivered at Play.com!

Worth a look at that price if you enjoy puzzle platformers. Gets tough early on though :wink: