NEurope
drahkon

Terraria

£3 for the next like...6 hours or something in today's bargains in the Steam sale

That's a great deal. Get it people.

Haven't had the time to play in a month. Really want to get into it again.

Was £1.49 yesterday. It's been in the sale 3 times in this run!

I was reading how many copies they'd sold the other day (figures from before the Steam sale, so $9.99 each). 555,000. Yup, that's $5,550,000 (less whatever Steam take as retailer). Probably a good $4 Million has gone to the developer. That is insane. The game is good and all, but I never thought they would make a serious life-changing sum from it. Anyone else thing they're in the wrong profession?

Shuttup was it! I been watching every day to see it cheap and not had so much luck as to even see it for that price!

Also just played the bulk of it with Marcamillian and a mate who got gifted a copy quite conviniently, can see how multiplayer makes it. I still got two copies to get rid of but I definitely don't regret that multipack.

Rumdumcious be me!

Gonna be hosting our world we started last night later on(probs around 3ish until...whenever). It's pretty junior as just the three of us were doing it and not really knowing what we were doing but y'kno. Does anyone know much about hosting dedicated worlds and whatnot? I didn't see much option to host without being in-world at the same time, though I didn't look all too hard.

DO IT DO IT DO IT

AND MAGICKA TOOOOOOOOOO

I've literally just bought both.

I spend a lot of time watching yogscast, so I've finally given in and got them and then wandered here to find you'd written this, haha.

My steam is WolfyNE if anyone is about.

Was £1.49 yesterday. It's been in the sale 3 times in this run!

I was reading how many copies they'd sold the other day (figures from before the Steam sale, so $9.99 each). 555,000. Yup, that's $5,550,000 (less whatever Steam take as retailer). Probably a good $4 Million has gone to the developer. That is insane. The game is good and all, but I never thought they would make a serious life-changing sum from it. Anyone else thing they're in the wrong profession?

30% is how much they take.

Had a little adventure with Dyson last night! Was nice! Also I was kinda just not doing much except mining half a tunnel then starting another somewhere else before, but his pro adventuring has shown me the way. Awesome title. Must have put about 10 hours into it already and I've barely had it 3 days. Gonna start up a fresh dude on my mate's world when I get home, though also will join any of you in you host one.

Just made a fresh medium world and it's hosting atm located at 86.31.106.219 port 7777 pass: pr0

Any and all welcome, please be nice to anyone you find/meet, world will be up until about 2am I imagine. It's proper fresh, I ain't even on it. Will be in an hour or two tho maybe.

Edited by Rummy

Shuttup was it! I been watching every day to see it cheap and not had so much luck as to even see it for that price!

Also just played the bulk of it with Marcamillian and a mate who got gifted a copy quite conviniently, can see how multiplayer makes it. I still got two copies to get rid of but I definitely don't regret that multipack.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/terraria-pc-1-49-75-off-steam/974226

;)

Mental. It's definitely a nice little game, something very addictive about it. I'll probably more often than not run worlds when I'm home/PC's on and post in here, if anyone feels like joining them. Slowly becoming less nooby(though still very much so).

I've not real clue how to play the game, I'll probably mess around with it this week, it's a little easier to play on my desktop than laptop.

It does take a while to make sense, there's a pretty basic(cos the game's got big scope) beginner's guide on PcGamer that was on the steam news, might help you get started. There's something addictive about it once you get going though, especially with other people.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/22/terraria-beginners-guide/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Grumble grumble....

Ever since the 1.1 update was released this game has become incredibly laggy for me (and most other people judging from the Steam forum comments)

Not that anyone seems to play Terraria anymore but I just thought id post that I finally beat the Wall of Flesh and have activated hard mode. Im looking forward to murdering some unicorns :p

@Happenstance I keep seeing you on this(and viewing this thread now, too!), do you play on your own world/by yourself or play with other people or on a public server etcetc? Considering getting back into it, but more in a quick drop in somewhere/drop out rather than maybe hosting a whole world/starting fresh.

Not that anyone seems to play Terraria anymore but I just thought id post that I finally beat the Wall of Flesh and have activated hard mode. Im looking forward to murdering some unicorns :p

Lol, what timing. I don't even know what half of that means! Guess I'll be slightly underclassed by yourself :\

I play on my own but Id love to get some multiplayer going at some point. Id be willing to start a new character or just use my other one which hasnt hit hard mode yet. I havent had a chance to try the multiplayer yet.

Hey @Ville, I've seen you playing! How are you finding it? I got some mini hankerings for it recently...might consider a new character playthrough some time soon.

How are you finding it? I got some mini hankerings for it recently...might consider a new character playthrough some time soon.

Hi man, it's pretty cool. Just got the Molten pickaxe, only the Wall of Flesh boss to beat in easy mode now.

How far did you go when playing earlier? Ever beat the hard mode bosses?

Wow, you've really sunk some time in! It took us quite a while before we starting bossing up, then I got so attached to my world that I didn't want to hard mode it, so never fought the wall of flesh etc. We mined some hellstone, though only enough for some pickaxes iirc, never made any armour and stuff with it. Have you just been playing through, or using a guide?

Haha, yeah I've been using the tutorials, great help in seeing the general picture. Meteor armour gives you unlimited space gun ammo, so that's been quite handy...

I take you played this in multiplayer, how does it even work? Can anyone with the password access the world at any time, or does the guy who made it have to host it every time?

Haha, yeah I've been using the tutorials, great help in seeing the general picture. Meteor armour gives you unlimited space gun ammo, so that's been quite handy...

I take you played this in multiplayer, how does it even work? Can anyone with the password access the world at any time, or does the guy who made it have to host it every time?

Ah, see when we played we never really used tutorials and so kinda spent a lot of time just...well, doing stuff but not necessarily going anywhere(not that I'm complaining).

Re: The multiplayer. I was playing a lot(I put in about 80 hours+ over the course of a week or two) and was hosting the world myself, had Marcamillian and another guy come by, with a few other occasional visitors; but mostly the world was fashioned by me and marc. I guess it lost some of its edge once I started consulting guides, and realised it didn't get updated anymore.

As for how it works, there's two ways to do it. You can fire up terraria and host&play, or there's a command line serverapp that you can use which I often did - so the world could be hosted without my character being there(i'd then just join via terraria when i wanted to play). I'd let Marc etc know when it was up, the IP, port and password. Because the world is stored locally, in theory yes - the creator/host has to do so each time - but you can easily get round that by sharing the world file(we didn't, as I/my computer was on anyway, and you'd end up with different versions etc).

Re: The multiplayer. I was playing a lot(I put in about 80 hours+ over the course of a week or two)

Terraria Multiplayer on Consoles

Terraria will be released next month on XBLA and PSN, publisher 505 Games has announced. Engine Software has added four-player split-screen, eight-player online and all sorts of other goodies to it.

I'll definitely get this for the PS3. Split-screen coop sounds awesome!

Edit: Also keep an eye on Starbound

Ah, see when we played we never really used tutorials and so kinda spent a lot of time just...well, doing stuff but not necessarily going anywhere(not that I'm complaining).

Re: The multiplayer. I was playing a lot(I put in about 80 hours+ over the course of a week or two) and was hosting the world myself, had Marcamillian and another guy come by, with a few other occasional visitors; but mostly the world was fashioned by me and marc. I guess it lost some of its edge once I started consulting guides, and realised it didn't get updated anymore.

As for how it works, there's two ways to do it. You can fire up terraria and host&play, or there's a command line serverapp that you can use which I often did - so the world could be hosted without my character being there(i'd then just join via terraria when i wanted to play). I'd let Marc etc know when it was up, the IP, port and password. Because the world is stored locally, in theory yes - the creator/host has to do so each time - but you can easily get round that by sharing the world file(we didn't, as I/my computer was on anyway, and you'd end up with different versions etc).

Ha, well I went straight to the guides, because I knew that it would take ages to figure everything out otherwise. It's not like I've run out of stuff to do at any point anyway, 48 h in and still got all the hard mode armours / weapons to make and the bosses to beat. The game progression is quite good I have to say, always smth new and challenging to do, and the hard mode really changes the game enough to keep it fresh.

Ok, cool. I've only played single player thus far, though would be interesting trying out multiplayer as well.