NEurope
Nintendohnut

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Ordered this today from Sainsburys online for just over £29, which was the cheapest I could find it. First game I've bought at launch for a LONG time, but I love the series and am really looking forward to the end of the story arc. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow!

@Shorty where did you find it for £25?! I looked all over today and that was the absolute cheapest I could find.

Had it since Saturday, i can give this opinion so far

Ubi have improved assassin dens. Now, instead of acquiring them as before, you can assign a level 10 assassin to the den. A mission will arise, and depending on the outcome you can either continue to train them, or they will vanish for a while and come back as a level 15. Being a level 15 assassin means the den they are guarding will not come under attack and is yours permanently.

And you get you're wanted level increased per building you renevate, so best keep some spare money back for bribes.

It is a great game, and it seems better than Brotherhood. Multiplayer is better that is for sure. Liking the mixture of modes and that you can vote for each mode per round, making for varied gaming indeed.

I dont think its as good as Brotherhood. Just feels like there is a lot less content and alot less characters. In brotherhood you have a pretty big cast of characters to interact with especially the assassins themselves who have a whole host of side missions for you to do. There was only one side mission per faction (thieves etc) in this and that really bummed me out.

The actual world itself just wasnt as interesting or as varied as Rome. It didnt really feel like the main story itself had many missions and the templars didnt even feel like a threat in this. I'm glad I figured out how to avoid the awful tower defence stuff aswell.

I just finished the

Desmond memories

boy were they a disapointment, Ubi have also got rid of the cool puzzles (glowing symbols from the previous two games). It feels like the year turn around really hurt this game, it feels a tad rushed.

I dug the story though, the ending is awesome and Ezio will remain a bad ass forever.

@Shorty where did you find it for £25?! I looked all over today and that was the absolute cheapest I could find.

FHM subscription for £30 plus £5.15 cashback through TCB or £5 through Quidco through greatmagazines. Then you can swap the subscription or just recycle the mags =p

That said, it hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not singing their praises this time round.

I just got this through from the deal above :D 6 days late not bad for £25.

I'm loving the improvements to the multiplayer interface but my first impression has to be: Why, why why would you add a Deathmatch mode?? It's crap, everyone plays like shit on it and whenever a match ends, people vote for more Deathmatch instead of Assassination. Tiny maps, nowhere to hide without blending perks, you can spot your target a mile off but if they've memorised who's in the game, they'll have spotted you too. Very strange addition to the game, in a sense it's like they sold out, by including a more obvious mode to gravitate towards despite it not fitting the play style of the game.

Other than that though it's a lot of fun. On my first game I wound up half way through a "Contamination" match. The game is full of absolute noobs, so I survived two rounds without ever being killed easily, had triple the points of anyone else in the game (despite joining the first round late and not even knowing how the mode worked). Started the last round as the contaminated, killed everyone :heh: Not hard when they're running around on rooftops instead of blending in.

I'm not boasting, I'm just pointing out how badly some people are playing!

Edited by Shorty

Last i was online on this, i topped every match of "Capture the Chest/Flag". And all i did was run around on the outside of the map, wasn't killed for 3 pick-ups. And the only time i was killed was by my mate, who happened to figure out my path. The other 4 players certainly didn't know what was going on, so no wonder i had times of over 6 minutes per match/capture. 6x as much as the others.

Even in Deathmatch/Assassination, i was easily killing my targets because they were obvious. Running everywhere, mainly into my path. Easy "Stealth Kill" points, and a few hatred messages popping up.

I swear, like yourself in your matches Shorty, that most people who play this online are idiots. It's only once in a while do i get a really challenging match with players who actually are a challenge.