NEurope
Mr-Paul

Royal Wedding

I can't be bothered to watch it, I wasn't near any TVs today anyway. I did Google the bride's dress earlier on. The skirt is a bit boring, but whatever.

Speaking of. The designer went to our uni college. I expect a self-congratulatory news flash about it at uni on Tuesday.

Although I've been living with Jodie far too long. Everyone was wondering about the dress and I was just hoping she got herself some decent underwear :heh:

Huh? I think I've missed something here ... :heh:

Wow... :o Well, English history is your friend then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Anglo-Saxon_England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danes_%28Germanic_tribe%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danelaw

Basically, first you, the Germans and the Dutch invaded the place in the 5th century, creating the Anglo-Saxon England. Then in the 9th century, more Danes aka the Vikings decided to raid and invade Britain again! The rule in these parts was even called the Danelaw :D After all the fighting, in 1017, there was a Danish king called Cnut the Great. Of course, in 1066 the power shifted to the Normans, but that's another story...

More interesting facts: There are over 3,000 words in modern English that have Scandinavian roots. Also, more than 1,500 place-names in England are Scandinavian in origin. So yeah, I'd say you have had a pretty big impact altogether...and the linguistic aspects probably go even deeper than that! :D

Edited by Ville

April 29th - The same day Hitler and Eva Braun got married. Interesting choice.

It was on since 6am (Sky News) and 8am (BBC) in the UK. All in all, the media jammed it down all throats of Britain consistently for around a fortnight. It made me sick in the end of hearing about it, to the point being i wanted it over asap.

Didn't get the service, why do 1 or 2 hyms before the vows then do the rest afterwards. They seemed like fillers to me, the whole ceremony could have take 45 minutes (going in and out of the Abbey for all Royals/Middletons). Even after the ceremony, and the balcony kiss(es), the media kept it going for 3-4 hours afterwards. The media had it all going for over 10 hours, sheesh.

Overall, it was good for the moral of Britain. Cheered the majority up. I for one didn't give a monkeys. It's a marraige, get over it really.

We just wanted to see Kate get naked. Sadly the nation was disappointed by the lack of this.

Or Catherine as we must call her now.

We just wanted to see Kate get naked. Sadly the nation was disappointed by the lack of this.

Or Catherine as we must call her now.

Catherine, Dutchess of Cambridge to be precise. Not that titles matter anymore. How many titles do each member of the family need??.

Forget the Danes, there is Bavarian monarcy currently on the throne. German blood has ruled for the past 300 years! I suppose such things are to be expected with European expansion and marriage. Yet some think that names can be swept away and all be forgotten.

A_Good_Riddance_-_George_V_of_the_United_Kingdom_cartoon_in_Punch%2C_1917.png

April 29th - The same day Hitler and Eva Braun got married. Interesting choice.

I don't think a date can be totally abondoned because Adolf Hitler occupies it. That date was taken by Hitler due to impending doom. He killed himself the next day.

I watched it, and enjoyed it. I was being totally lazy though and watched it in bed with my girlfriend, so it was never not gonna be awesome :D

But regardless, I'd have watched it anyway. History in the making and all that.

I watched and enjoyed it a lot! Maybe because it was the first time I got so see a "full-throttle" royal wedding of this caliber in my lifetime- we have no monarchy in Portugal, only "would-be monarchs" should there be one.

The royal couple looked lovely together and there were a few giggle worthy moments. The touch of Prince William driving the car himself when leaving Buckingham Palace was brilliant.

Also... Was it just me who jaw dropped at the sight of Philippa as a bridesmaid in her stunning dress? I mean... Whoa!!!

Wow... :o Well, English history is your friend then!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Anglo-Saxon_England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danes_%28Germanic_tribe%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danelaw

Basically, first you, the Germans and the Dutch invaded the place in the 5th century, creating the Anglo-Saxon England. Then in the 9th century, more Danes aka the Vikings decided to raid and invade Britain again! The rule in these parts was even called the Danelaw :D After all the fighting, in 1017, there was a Danish king called Cnut the Great. Of course, in 1066 the power shifted to the Normans, but that's another story...

More interesting facts: There are over 3,000 words in modern English that have Scandinavian roots. Also, more than 1,500 place-names in England are Scandinavian in origin. So yeah, I'd say you have had a pretty big impact altogether...and the linguistic aspects probably go even deeper than that! :D

I was aware that we'd pillaged and plundered and left a huge presence, but I wasn't aware it was literally a physical presence. :heh: I've never been too keen on Danish history, but those parts of our history I don't even recall ever having been taught! :o

Incredibly boring service but I guess it was all required for tradition or whatever.

Thought Kate looked stunning - I don't really have an opinion on wedding dresses, like when girls are all like "OH YOU LOOK SO MAGICAL!" and they just look like they usually do, but in a white dress.. but she looked gorgeous. And classy.

The hats were interesting.

Blah. I only watched from about 10.40 to whenever they left the church.

Thought Kate looked stunning - I don't really have an opinion on wedding dresses, like when girls are all like "OH YOU LOOK SO MAGICAL!" and they just look like they usually do, but in a white dress.. but she looked gorgeous. And classy.

Anyone wearing Alexander McQueen automatically looks 3 times better than they would otherwise. There's a reason he was the motherfucking best.

The Queen looked so hot today. An experienced strawberry ripe for the picking. Phillip is one lucky guy.

Anyone wearing Alexander McQueen automatically looks 3 times better than they would otherwise. There's a reason he was the motherfucking best.

Even if it was designed by Sarah Burton?

Did the McQueen do anything with it before "he popped his clogs"?

Kate even got a mention in Neighbours today, beautiful.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Even if it was designed by Sarah Burton?

Did the McQueen do anything with it before "he popped his clogs"?

Well, bear in mind she's now the lead designer for McQueen, having been his cutter for years, and it's influenced by his designs.

alexander-mcqueen-met-dress-2003.jpg

Eat a flake, bitch.

It's like a wedding dress and a judge's wig fucked and had an aborted foetus.

That's why it's the best.

I watched it, and enjoyed it. I was being totally lazy though and watched it in bed with my girlfriend, so it was never not gonna be awesome :D

Wait....do you have a new girlfriend...or...?

Official title is "Her Royal Highness the Princess William of Wales"

Apparently.

Not that titles matter anymore with the monarchy, which does make you wonder what is the point of our monarchy now. Since many of the Royals have many titles now.

which does make you wonder what is the point of our monarchy now.

Tourism .

It makes for some entertaining pics though.

287827016.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304241730&Signature=M8wdW424wRITk%2FGkZb3BHdPYT6g%3D

New stamps out on Monday

287828887.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304241443&Signature=UbuW7p3k4NF3%2FYUvYny4nLCUIBg%3D

Kate without the make up.

287827980.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304241493&Signature=Rsje1p17T9ffPZslveb1PsBzq6Y%3D

The rejected wedding dress revealed.

287829808.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304241536&Signature=QYG9KxOmMFhRzL4UBrzDCIHrDjU%3D

The Happy couple have a quick pit stop.

287832461.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304241580&Signature=jfAfqlL8dRc3tPjmXt5EOGFNyiU%3D

Love it!

287834078.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304241616&Signature=B4YrOgYdZwoFdxQOmi3jbMjIH7k%3D

And finally my absolute fave which absolutely should not be viewed at work or by minors

WILLKATEFARTB3TA2.gif

Edited by Cookyman