NEurope
Goafer

Funny Stuff Thread

Lol, how is it not? My point is that it IS. Taking it literally destroys this.

I have made my point sufficiently. I will not continue to repeat myself.

Yeah, but the chicken joke is widely known as the most stupid, non-funny joke ever. From that base, the idea of changing the meaning of it has now become the joke. "You thought it meant that, but it actually means this!". That's why it is funny. Not that the chicken dies, or anything else like that.

Yeah, but the chicken joke is widely known as the most stupid, non-funny joke ever. From that base, the idea of changing the meaning of it has now become the joke. "You thought it meant that, but it actually means this!". That's why it is funny. Not that the chicken dies, or anything else like that.

With its new found meaning, I'd liken it more to The two nuns, and the Architect.

I have made my point sufficiently. I will not continue to repeat myself.

The pun argument still comes back to your original argument of intent, it defines a pun. Your argument is still pretty weak, and merely one of your insistence on it being only how you see it and no open-ness to a valid alternative. I'd hoped I might sway you from your inflexibility, as you remind me of myself when I was younger.

Make sure you read the picture, Diageo. There's going to be multiple opinions on the matter, and if I looked I could easily find one that suggests it the other way. In fact, I could credibly edit the wikipedia article to present it as an alternative intepretation to the joke and I can imagine it would stand. Anti-humor was better represented in Cube's chocolate chip muffin. This does have a plausible interpretation, if it didn't, minds would not be being blown. If you can't see it, that is your issue, but I'm personally already stunning my friends with it, and shall continue to do so. I'll let them know that despite their perceptions, they're actually wrong, on authority of yourself. I find the science/reasoning behind humour very interesting, and as said I find this to be an excellent joke with its new interpretation, which stands as valid despite your claims. I wish I could try some of the others that I know, but they're not as good written down, and the fact people don't get them for ages is part of the fun. They think it's just anti-humor, and many will still tell you both of them are. I'd start a seperate thread on humour and jokes for this, but we've had it before, and I actually think the discussion qualifies for a thread about funny stuff.

tumblr_m0ehsfiJ2N1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Minor credit to daft for reblogging this beaut:

tumblr_lx3yzeczHg1qbz4zvo1_500.jpg

I love both of these. Is the latter from Buttersafe?

Make sure to read the two links Rummy.

Make sure you read the picture, Diageo. There's going to be multiple opinions on the matter, and if I looked I could easily find one that suggests it the other way. In fact, I could credibly edit the wikipedia article to present it as an alternative intepretation to the joke and I can imagine it would stand. Anti-humor was better represented in Cube's chocolate chip muffin. This does have a plausible interpretation, if it didn't, minds would not be being blown. If you can't see it, that is your issue, but I'm personally already stunning my friends with it, and shall continue to do so. I'll let them know that despite their perceptions, they're actually wrong, on authority of yourself. I find the science/reasoning behind humour very interesting, and as said I find this to be an excellent joke with its new interpretation, which stands as valid despite your claims. I wish I could try some of the others that I know, but they're not as good written down, and the fact people don't get them for ages is part of the fun. They think it's just anti-humor, and many will still tell you both of them are. I'd start a seperate thread on humour and jokes for this, but we've had it before, and I actually think the discussion qualifies for a thread about funny stuff.

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: TO GET AWAY FROM BOTH OF YOUR BULLSHIT!!!

Turns out that disecting humour is fucking dull...

Analysing humour is like dissecting a frog. Nobody's interested and the frog dies.

The frog is already dead before you dissect it. And I would be interested in dissecting a frog.

The frog is already dead before you dissect it.

Maybe that's how you do it.

In serious though a frog dies so it can be dissected, unless you think that people go around finding frog's that died of natural causes to dissect. Ergo, the frog dies.

Oh, funny stuff thread. What has become of you?

This is the day the laughter died. :weep:

I'll try and breathe a little life back into it with this old-but-classic:

the-batman-kermit.jpg

It's not quite clever. There is no other side to it. You are making it up. People are making it up.

While I agree that the original joke was unlikely to be anything more than the literal getting to the other side punchline, you can't deny that there is another side to the joke for those that want to see it.

People make up jokes. It's not a universal law of physics or something. People made up a joke about a chicken crossing the road, other people are now saying the other side means the afterlife. Both punchlines are made up.

(I didn't get to join in :( )

You're such a killjoy, Diageo. :p

It brings me joy.

While I agree that the original joke was unlikely to be anything more than the literal getting to the other side punchline, you can't deny that there is another side to the joke for those that want to see it.

People make up jokes. It's not a universal law of physics or something. People made up a joke about a chicken crossing the road, other people are now saying the other side means the afterlife. Both punchlines are made up.

(I didn't get to join in :( )

I honestly don't care any more. Please stop referring to me.

I honestly don't care any more.

That's strange - how come you keep coming back the the thread and responding to stuff?

That's strange - how come you keep coming back the the thread and responding to stuff?

The thread is at the top of the "New Posts" section that I mainly use. And my responses don't involve me explaining the joke after I said I would stop repeating myself.

Yeah, but you could just stop posting, right?

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: TO GET AWAY FROM BOTH OF YOUR BULLSHIT!!!

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO POST. Amazing.