NEurope
Goafer

Funny Stuff Thread

Duck billed platypus sucks man's face off during Wimbledon quarter final.

W9aT7uo.jpg

What is wrong with citing sources? Is the idea to post something in this thread as if it's your idea? I get that you hadn't taken the picture yourself, and that photographers have to live with the fact that their work goes unthanked... but why link an image and then state a sentence that is entirely ripped from tumblr, facebook, reddit, 9gag.. etc... without saying where you took it from? Do you take a lot of pride in making people LOL even though you know you stole the joke from elsewhere? Elsewise, do you worry that people will LOL less if they know that you took it from elsewhere? Or do you just assume that people will also assume that you are not posting your own opinion but instead something you found on the internet?

I get that you may think "lol shup it's the internet" but how hard is it to say where you got the idea from, and how painful would it be to admit it?

Or maybe I'm just being backwards!

It probably stems from people on facebook expressing their personalities via the medium of Other People's Jokes. I don't want members of this forum to express themselves through the Stolen Words Of Others... because it's not them. But I guess the argument is "lol it's a joke doesn't matter..." but my argument is "if it doesn't matter then don't pretend it's yours". I don't know.

Why is there a random tribble floating in the middle of that photo?

What is wrong with citing sources? Is the idea to post something in this thread as if it's your idea? I get that you hadn't taken the picture yourself, and that photographers have to live with the fact that their work goes unthanked... but why link an image and then state a sentence that is entirely ripped from tumblr, facebook, reddit, 9gag.. etc... without saying where you took it from? Do you take a lot of pride in making people LOL even though you know you stole the joke from elsewhere? Elsewise, do you worry that people will LOL less if they know that you took it from elsewhere? Or do you just assume that people will also assume that you are not posting your own opinion but instead something you found on the internet?

I get that you may think "lol shup it's the internet" but how hard is it to say where you got the idea from, and how painful would it be to admit it?

It probably stems from people on facebook expressing their personalities via the medium of Other People's Jokes. I don't want members of this forum to express themselves through the Stolen Words Of Others... because it's not them. But I guess the argument is "lol it's a joke doesn't matter..." but my argument is "if it doesn't matter then don't pretend it's yours". I don't know.

It's not a case of stealing jokes, or pretending that something is your own. This thread is basically people copying and pasting things they've found funny. And as the majority of them have done the rounds on the internets, the source has kind of become lost. It's generally assumed that anything posted here isn't original.

It's not about pride in making people lol, it's about sharing things that you found funny with friends/a community you're invested in. You seem to be putting some sort of sub-conscious reasoning onto people that just isn't there.

Those are the new tennis balls; he's just about to serve.

Yeah I've always thought this thread was just about sharing things you've found that are funny. Usually if someone posts something original they'll mention it. Unfortunately most people just don't include the source. It's not like people have intentionally removed a source link, they just neglect to add it in.

Those are the new tennis balls; he's just about to serve.

I miss the caption competition :p

Hoo boy. Just read this and I got a whole barrel of crazy. :p

It's just the funny stuff thread, I really doubt anyone else cares about sources.

It's not a case of stealing jokes, or pretending that something is your own. This thread is basically people copying and pasting things they've found funny.

Speak for yourself, I actually took those photos of Hitler. Nice guy.

None of the above. I was on my phone and couldn't find an image that that had the text over it so I just copied and pasted it.

I managed to find this one though. Comes with its own text but I'll still write the disclaimer that I didn't think of it, and I'm afraid I can't trace the source so I'll apologise now.

overacting.jpg

Meanwhile, here is an image with a caption that I thought of all by myself. I do hope you enjoy it and feel free to copy and paste.

pipe-down.jpg

SMOKE POINT!!!

Edited by Dog-amoto

Where did this suddenly come from?? I was thoroughly confused as it seems half of an already occurring conversation! Also not quite as funny as I was expecting, either ;)

Meanwhile, here is an image with a caption that I thought of all by myself. I do hope you enjoy it and feel free to copy and paste.

Nah, stick to plagiarism.

It comes from drunk jayseven - was not meant to be a direct attack but was definitely a rant. Apologies for being nutty! I'll see myself out.

What is wrong with citing sources?

Horrible flashbacks of university compiling a large detailed bibliography.

Reliving the torture here where no one would actually give a shit is madness.

It comes from drunk jayseven - was not meant to be a direct attack but was definitely a rant. Apologies for being nutty! I'll see myself out.

Aww, that's ok. C'meere!

tackle-hug.gif

Do you have a source for that gif?

Nice forum avatar. Where'd you get the idea for it?

Ahh, you silly old sausage. Nice to know you pay attention to your references, even when drunk!

Basically how I think me and @Josh64 would be if we went clubbing, hahahaha! #SheRATCHET

In all seriousness, this reminds me so much of my mate. I sent this to her and she actually agreed she's like that, haha. "OH! I want to punch her in her FACE! Oh I can't STAND her, she so two-faced!"

I did indeed read into something and found a slice of a conundrum that, in actuality, doesn't bother anyone! I am a bit drunk currently. and thus looking for a 'fight', but I will reel it in (for this thread, at least).

Sorry, nothing funny here.

Aww, that's ok. C'meere!

tackle-hug.gif

I do hope you have the express permission of Matt LeBlanc and Matthew Perry et al to use that image, otherwise Jay may find more sand in his vagina.