NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Firefly/Serenity Fans?

Its actually amazing for me coz I always seem to read spoilers for everything. Serenity just seems to be different and most likely my most anticipated movie of the year

Right I watched Serenity today, I absolutely loved it!

Was great to see some things cleared up. Even though its not doing too well at the boxoffice at the moment (although today in america sales for it did go up about 115%) its a movie for both Firefly fans and people who have only just heard about it. I heard a few people going on about how they are going to get the boxset now theyve seen the movie.

The twists in the movie are pretty big but this is definately a movie im going to go see again.

Hotdog gave it a 5/5 and claimed it was better than the revenge of the sith, Ive seen neither but anything is better than Star Wars.

Actually HS the box office figures haven't been all too bad considering it was a small TV show that was cancelled, 2nd for Opening Weekend in US and UK. Rumours are DVD is out in America just before christmas and I think Universal may be resting sequel chances on the sales (considering Firefly did so damn well on DVD). Im remaining optimistic anyway.

Yeah im gonna still hope for a sequel, just ordered the Serenity soundtrack as the music in the movie was great aswell. Just a shame that the tv theme wasnt added to it aswell.

The film was bloody amazing, easily Joss Whedon's best work yet! I liked the TV series too and this deffinatley surpassed my expectations. I'd say it's easily better than any of the Star Wars prequels and those should have been up to this standard.

*Hopes for no flaming. :/*

I really enjoyed Serenity. I never saw Firefly and I hate buffy so I didnt know what to expect, so I was pleasently surprised.

I enjoyed Firefly/Serenity when it was originally a thing but I don't miss it.  I just have no real desire to go back to it, but it's good news for the fans obviously.

Enjoyable series, I occasionally rewatch firefly, less often Serenity (it suffers from the time gap and movie format). A further series would be fun to watch but I don’t pine for it overall I’m quite alright with what was received. No plan to read any of it though, that’s not the medium I wish to experience it.

At the same time though, fuck Fox. They needlessly killed (well I suppose it’s not truly killed anymore)  a series that had a strong start and potential. 

On 2/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, Happenstance said:

Thought I’d resurrect this thread as it’s been announced that Firefly will be continuing in a series of canon books overseen by Whedon.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/09/firefly-returns/

Did anyone ever read any of these books? I've got them on a wishlist waiting for a price drop for Kindle but I've been bouncing between too many books as it is lately. @Cubehow about you? You loved Firefly right?

I forgot about them and didn't see any news when they were released, thought they just didn't happen like Firefly Online. I'll add them to my next book series.

• Like 1

It's 2020 and I've still managed to not see Firefly or Serenity yet. That's pretty bad...I'm going to have to sort this out soon. Is this on Netflix?

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

It's 2020 and I've still managed to not see Firefly or Serenity yet. That's pretty bad...I'm going to have to sort this out soon. Is this on Netflix?

Looks like Firefly is on Amazon Prime Video.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Looks like Firefly is on Amazon Prime Video.

Wicked. I might have to finally get on this! :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

Wicked. I might have to finally get on this! :D 

I expect daily updates :p 

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

@Cube pretty sure this is a bannable offence.

still haven’t watched these despite them being on my to-watch list ever since they were released. On the plus side I’m still spoiler free so maybe now is the time.

This is one of those shows (and films I guess) where it's got a lot of fan adoration and I've seen it and it was good but I have no real desire to watch again. I don't know what it is. I'm the same with Happy Endings (hey-oh!).

It is a good watch though, hope those that are going to check it out for the first time enjoy it.

Sign in to follow this