NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Building a website

Ok so I've bought a .com for a business venture. I now have content to go on the website and am wondering what my next steps should be.

I know very little about building a website and hosting etc...

But like I said, I've bought a .com from a reputed website and just looking for some advice on what to do next.

I've some design sketches and content ready to upload.

N-E assistance would be great :)

Out of professional curiosity, I'd love to see the designs :) But if you've got PMs from Charlie I probably have little need to throw out my advice. However I would suggest Wordpress, Joomla! and Drupal as great CMS' to base your site around.

Shorty: they are just sketches. I'm no artist but have an idea what may work. The site would have a LOT of user created content on there so it's gotta be able to promote contributions on the front page but also not have information overload. I'd be looking to pay someone to design it. If anyone has info on this (or recommendations) feel free in contacting me.

Charlie: PM'd you.

If anyone knows some good guides to getting started please feel free to share. The more info from folk the better.

Thanks.

Shorty: they are just sketches. I'm no artist but have an idea what may work. The site would have a LOT of user created content on there so it's gotta be able to promote contributions on the front page but also not have information overload. I'd be looking to pay someone to design it. If anyone has info on this (or recommendations) feel free in contacting me.

Charlie: PM'd you.

If anyone knows some good guides to getting started please feel free to share. The more info from folk the better.

Thanks.

This website something to do with getting back into work by any chance?

360Innovate will be doing my website when I have the money to redesign it properly by the end of the year! In the mean time I'm using what I called a 'bodged' effort which is pretty cheap but is straight to the point and can do everything I need it to, just not as well.

I'd recommend unless you have the money to do something similar and just get a cheap basic effort until you're making money when you can redo it properly.

Sign in to follow this