NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

It's playing in Oslo.

Let me know what you think! Just got back and enjoyed it, but too lazy to type right now :p

Scratch that. On PC, can be bothered to type!

I really enjoyed it. Curious how non-fans would find it. I think they could get through, but there was definitely plenty of nods to the show (although nothing too jarring I feel). I enjoyed the mystery, although it feels like the subplot was designed for a series (or sequel...) Shame that the screentime (and money) meant some characters had relatively minor roles, but was good to see the old faces again. And James Franco.

Edited by Ashley

Yeah, I figured it could be playing in Oslo, but I didn't bothered to even check as it's an 8 hour drive.

Really liked the movie as well. Great to see most of the characters back. Really excellent Veronica Mars movie. Met my expectation and then some.

I liked how they referenced the season four pilot, I was wondering how she went from FBI to lawyer.

Is it just me or did they set the ending open for a season four/sequal? I will fund that!

Edited by Tales

I think they are hoping for continued adventures. Two novels have been confirmed already (first is out April/May, forget when).

Apparently it's doing well so hopefully there's some chance. As per Deadline:

Rob Thomas’ Veronica Mars’ Kickstarter experiment is kicking it on per screen average with an estimated $7,575 per screen, higher than everything but Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel

9) Veronica Mars (WB), 291 theaters / $1M Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.2M to $2.7M / Per screen: $7,575 to $9K / Wk 1

The 9 refers to its position in this weekend's top ten.

And interestingly, from a few days ago:

Although Thomas wouldn’t specify what that magic figure is for Veronica Mars to earn a sequel greenlight, speculation is that Warner Bros has built this project to win. In addition its day-and-date VOD release tomorrow, Warner Paleyfest 2014 logoBros will bow Veronica Mars in 291 theaters and will be content if it generates $1 million in theater ticket sales by Sunday.

Had a faff with the digital download as found out it can only be viewed through the Flixster app, which isn't on the PS3/4 in the UK. They've offered to reimburse me if I buy it elsewhere so think I'll buy it from the PS Store.

Edited by Ashley

I had a casual interest in it. I was interested in the series way back, but it wasn´t properly shown here, so I´ve never actually seen it. But I would´ve like to see how a fun little Kickstarter project turned out in the cinema, but it´s not playing in Cinemas here. There´s a special screening for the fans, but that´s it.

Apparently Christine Lakin is in it (and apparently, she was in the series as well). Wow. She grew up, she filled out.. (she was from am old sitcom called Step by Step)

I think they are hoping for continued adventures. Two novels have been confirmed already (first is out April/May, forget when).

Apparently it's doing well so hopefully there's some chance. As per Deadline:

The 9 refers to its position in this weekend's top ten.

And interestingly, from a few days ago:

Had a faff with the digital download as found out it can only be viewed through the Flixster app, which isn't on the PS3/4 in the UK. They've offered to reimburse me if I buy it elsewhere so think I'll buy it from the PS Store.

Too bad I don't like comics/books you have to read)(anymore)). I love Firefly, but I don't care about the comics at all. I need live picture...

I assume its release was a succesful one anyway?

My VOD has a 48 hour rent so I will watch it one more time tomorrow.

I have already, prior to the cinema/VOD release, pre ordered it on Amazon, in case the blu ray is region free

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

Just seen this trailer and not overly happy to see it's getting the big screen treatment, seeing as it worked best because it was in small snippets/doses.

Yep. Although they've gone with 3D, they've at least tried to retain some of the 2D drawing style so that's something. But I honestly don't see how this will work on the big screen in what'll most likely be a 75-80 minute movie.

The new Postman Pat looks terrible!

I actually like the animation style and look of this.

Pixar has given up on giving up on sequels, and has announced Cars 3 (urgh) and The Incredibles 2 (yay!).

No dates yet, and no confirmation of Brad Bird's involvement in the latter. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116154

I loathe The Incredibles. Really don't like it. :p

I can't even explain why...it just didn't work for me.

The first Cars was decent. Nothing special, but I was expecting it to be absolute carp. Was surprised when it wasn't.

Watched Trance and The Prestige for the first time t'other day. I feel like I need to watch Trance again. It felt like a 7/10 film to me, perhaps tried to be a bit too clever for its own good? Still liked it. The Prestige, though...woodwatchagain/10.

Loved The Prestige. Loved the Incredibles.

Flinkisright50%ofthetime/10.

The Incredibles is that one Pixar movie I didn't like. Even Cars I liked (though I haven't watched 2).

[/Flinkyisnotalone]

No idea why you guys didn't like it. I'd put it in my top 3 Pixar films. I bought it on DVD the day it came out.

It's fantastic.

I saw Captain America 2 last night. It's was pretty uninspiring.

No idea why you guys didn't like it. I'd put it in my top 3 Pixar films. I bought it on DVD the day it came out.

It's fantastic.

Quite frankly, I hate it too... and because I was such a huge Brad Bird fan (I absolutely love The Iron Giant), it hurt like a bitch to see his potential squandered making drivel. There's absolutely nothing good about The Incredibles, imo. It has none of the charm and personality TIG and Ratatouille possess and it just feels like a Spy Kids movie with superheroes. It's incredibly American in the worst way possible and I cannot, for the life of me, enjoy it.

I hate Cars, too.

There's absolutely nothing good about The Incredibles, imo.

ednamode.jpg

There are a few funny bits but I don't really get the love either. I enjoyed it but I'm not sure I ever really care to watch it again.

Cars is fucking abysmal, though.

ednamode.jpg

She's just a Linda Hunt clone minus the talent, presence and the incredible voice (some people aren't aware, but she's the God of War narrator). Nothing remarkable about her that

MV5BMTM0NDg4MzMzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUwMTc4Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR14,0,214,317_.jpg doesn't do better in every role she's in.

I decided to rewatch The Incredibles tonight. It's pretty incredible.

She's just a Linda Hunt clone minus the talent, presence and the incredible voice (some people aren't aware, but she's the God of War narrator). Nothing remarkable about her that

MV5BMTM0NDg4MzMzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUwMTc4Mg@@._V1_SY317_CR14,0,214,317_.jpg doesn't do better in every role she's in.

She did highlight the issues with capes.

I thought the Incredibles wasn't terrible, just completely unmemorable. It sits alongside Monsters Inc and Cars as my least favourite Pixar films. To be honest, while I love Pixar wholeheartedly, nothings ever going to replace cel animation for me.

I think I'll watch The Iron Giant tonight.

Also, I saw The Secret of Nimh for the first time ever a few days ago. It was immense.

She's voiced by Brad Bird himself.

Anyway, I love The Incredibles. :heh:

Also, I saw The Secret of Nimh for the first time ever a few days ago. It was immense.

Yes. That film is phenomenal.

Loved The Prestige. Loved the Incredibles.

Flinkisright50%ofthetime/10.

60% of the time I'm right, everytime.

She's voiced by Brad Bird himself.

I know... but she's still just a Linda Hunt clone.

Yes. That film is phenomenal.

We can definitely agree on that.

Actually, Don Bluth's body of work as a whole is made up of underrated gems.

NIMH, American Tail, Land Before Time, Anastasia... he was the healthy competition Disney needed to bring out their A game.

Not that current Disney sucks or anything, but Frozen/Tangled are no match for the Disney Renaissance and golden age classics. They're good movies, but barely amount to anything more than colourful and mindless entertainment.